Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I don't think appearing at an Al Quds Day march or laying a wreath for one of the terrorists connected to the Munich terror attack did him any favours.

Amazing how he stopped some of those antisemitic events when he thought he was going to get into No.10...... the stupid piss stained scruffy cunt.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen some of his response. He's in a difficult place: the media is onto it and pushing him, as are some labour mps.

The basic questions seem to be 'will he take on the far left element and get rid' and 'will he get rid of Corbyn as a member following his own response to the report'.

There's your answer! Not fucking about is he! 😂

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Decisive leadership.

When Priti Patel was accused of bullying (we are still waiting to hear the truth about this) Boris just backed her before knowing the facts and then got rid of the civil servant involved in lifting the lid on it. 

14 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Starmer showing to be a very bright politician by spotting the open goal opportunity to clear the odious Corbyn out. This must be the time to get rid of the rest of the far left/anti semites & make Labour electable again. 

Amen to that.

15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Starmer showing to be a very bright politician by spotting the open goal opportunity to clear the odious Corbyn out. This must be the time to get rid of the rest of the far left/anti semites & make Labour electable again. 

Let’s hope so, but not holding my breath, the Labour Party been backing the wrong horse for to many years, Starmer took the knee so it tells me he and they have a long long way to go, time they supported the British normal every day working class man & woman, rather than some black criminal and a political movement who hijacked his death and who would like over turn the normal rule of law and order. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope so, but not holding my breath, the Labour Party been backing the wrong horse for to many years, Starmer took the knee so it tells me he and they have a long long way to go, time they supported the British normal every day working class man & woman, rather than some black criminal and a political movement who hijacked his death and who would like over turn the normal rule of law and order. 

They need to support middle class types with properties abroad too

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fair point......taking the knee could come back to haunt him.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Aye. Not sure he'd necessarily seen Corbyn's full response to the report at the time he was questioned.

However, given his comments within his own speech, he had little option.

Now let's see what happens with regard to the investigation into Corbyn, and presumably McDonell. If they get kicked out, hopefully KS will continue the rout.

Fingers crossed.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Decisive leadership.

When Priti Patel was accused of bullying (we are still waiting to hear the truth about this) Boris just backed her before knowing the facts and then got rid of the civil servant involved in lifting the lid on it. 

Like when Boris removed the whip from those that were seeking to undermine the referendum result.

Two strong messages.

If i was a Tory, I'd be worried today. Starmer is never going to be a tubthumping, charismatic politician. He is a very, very bright man whose leadership is still on hold due to the pandemic. This is the correct decision to make in termsof the electorate.

The UK is and always has been Conservative with a small c, we value kindness, social community but also hard work. No party led by ideological leanings ever wins power. Look at the Cabinet at the moment, this isn't a cabinet of talents, but a cabinet of euro-sceptic loyalists. When an issue is beyond their collective capacity, its plainly obvious to the majority of the public.

At the moment the public favours competence over charism. Starmer does have a long way to go in terms of displaying leadership, but this is a headline writ large in terms of drawing a line over the last leadership in the minds of the electorate.

43 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If i was a Tory, I'd be worried today. 

My thoughts exactly......

Time for a Labour government to come in just as the Brexit shit show really hits home and we come to terms with the ridiculous amounts of debt we now find ourselves in.

Then the Tories can go back to telling everyone what a safe pair of hands they are! 😂

Edited by kent_white

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

My thoughts exactly......

Time for a Labour government to come in just as the Brexit shit show really hits home and we come to terms with the ridiculous amounts of debt we now find ourselves in.

Then the Tories can go back to telling everyone what a safe pair of hands they are! 😂

Vote tory then to make sure they are in place to deal with it all!

How long will it take to actually boot out Corbyn do you think? At the moment its only a stopgap measure.

He needs to run through them all as quickly as possible for me, to prevent the radicals regrouping. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Vote tory then to make sure they are in place to deal with it all!

How long will it take to actually boot out Corbyn do you think? At the moment its only a stopgap measure.

He needs to run through them all as quickly as possible for me, to prevent the radicals regrouping. 

Corbyn will disappear into the background. Back to his meetings with Cuban splinter groups and the IRA.

Starmer has time and, fortunately for him, a government with four years of flapping and turmoil ahead of it.

This really is the best chance of his life.