Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

yes, the one which quite interested me and a few others was the Salmond/Sturgeon one, but was sadly heavily censored and full of redactions.

Very surprised No.10 have let so much damaging and detailed information out on this one.

They can't stop it, its an independent cross-party select committee. All of them are available to the us, but this, like phone tapping say, is getting wall to wall because its well, really newsworthy.

An interparty dispute between the first minister of Scotland and the former leader of the said party, not so much. Thousands of people didn't die in that particular crisis.

• Site Supporter

Whilst Cummings has definitely layered this with thick helpings of drama and opinion, it’s pretty clear that the govt  failed a lot of our older generation.

And that they don’t give a shit.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Bit like you running away from RW last night 😃 

Running away? Can't say I've seen what he wrote. I said my piece, was going round in circles with Paul, it was a bit boring so that was that. Watched the end of On The Night.

I'm sure it was hugely witty and cutting and many a high five was given.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Running away? Can't say I've seen what he wrote. I said my piece, was going round in circles with Paul, it was a bit boring so that was that. Watched the end of On The Night.

I'm sure it was hugely witty and cutting and many a high five was given.

Take a look then 👀 😉 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Why? I'm really not that interested.

Did he offer to smack me into next week or something?

Thought you wouldn't be when he gave factual evidence of something you claimed didn't exist.

Grow a pair man and admit to it 😃 

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

An interparty dispute between the first minister of Scotland and the former leader of the said party, not so much. Thousands of people didn't die in that particular crisis.

This.

Trying to compare it to recent events in the SNP seems a nonsense comparison. 

Credit where it's due for the vaccine rollout. For the gambles they took in ordering them and handing over responsibility to the NHS. 

Thousands were always going to die in a pandemic of this nature. But the public deserve some proper answers about the decisions made at the beginning and who they were listening to. That daft herd immunity plan wasted time and cost lives. 

What this?

NIC not long ago you said that if you witnessed fans booing players taking the knee at the game you would report them. Wouldn’t you put that alongside freedom of speech? If so why are you trying to silence people? 

Is that what you were wanking yourselves into a foam about? 😁

Yes I still would report them, taking the knee is an anti-racist gesture, whatever gusty bollocks some of you parp on about BLMs and anti-communism, ergo if you boo - then I think there is something to report in a public space in the same token I would for an one going against a peaceful anti-racist protest. I'm happy to listen to the ideas of those who are anti-BLM as we all should (that's what the posts was on about) but a stupidly bellowed boo isn't a discussion.

Once again its got fanny all to do with the discussion I was having but as ever its all binary and boom nonsense on here when some pipe up.

If you think that's a 'victory' we are discussing different wars my friend.

During this slanderfest, all over the BBC for some reason 🤔 all the wokist usual suspects (who probably want Boy George as PM 😡
) would be well minded to remember a few things about Boris...

SEI63111976eddit.jpg

boris-olympic-flag-415x275.jpg?width=990

And did I mention he shags about?

He's a ledge.

Vote for Corbyn and Abacus Diane, her crimbo son could be Chansellor 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Youri McAnespie

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What this?

NIC not long ago you said that if you witnessed fans booing players taking the knee at the game you would report them. Wouldn’t you put that alongside freedom of speech? If so why are you trying to silence people? 

Is that what you were wanking yourselves into a foam about? 😁

Yes I still would report them, taking the knee is an anti-racist gesture, whatever gusty bollocks some of you parp on about BLMs and anti-communism, ergo if you boo - then I think there is something to report in a public space in the same token I would for an one going against a peaceful anti-racist protest. I'm happy to listen to the ideas of those who are anti-BLM as we all should (that's what the posts was on about) but a stupidly bellowed boo isn't a discussion.

Once again its got fanny all to do with the discussion I was having but as ever its all binary and boom nonsense on here when some pipe up.

If you think that's a 'victory' we are discussing different wars my friend.

Grass.

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

This.

Trying to compare it to recent events in the SNP seems a nonsense comparison. 

Credit where it's due for the vaccine rollout. For the gambles they took in ordering them and handing over responsibility to the NHS. 

Thousands were always going to die in a pandemic of this nature. But the public deserve some proper answers about the decisions made at the beginning and who they were listening to. That daft herd immunity plan wasted time and cost lives. 

My comparison is purely on how open things are down here. Up your way, it should have been a full blown court case. Mind you, same may be said about what happens down here. Thinking this is just the start of something huge.

50 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Because he's been called into a select committee and asked to answer questions?

Yeah but sure 99% of people in these committees do not go for the jugular in such a dramatic way. He could have been paid lots by some newspaper for this story. He has clearly gone in there targeting Boris and Hancock. Maybe the question is who is not shitting on and why ? 

5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

48 hours in 2002 was enough thank you 💊 💊 💊 💊 💊 😃 

Anyway....

Any evidence of the "BBC & Sky" taking the position that Cummings is a charlatan and not to be believed about Brexit? Or that everything he says about Boris is gospel?

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

My comparison is purely on how open things are down here. Up your way, it should have been a full blown court case. Mind you, same may be said about what happens down here. Thinking this is just the start of something huge.

Fair enough

I just didn't see the relevance re the Salmon inquiry. SNP aren't innocent in their decision making at the start of this pandemic either. 

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I think the Jock one was also tied into some legal shit so things that could prejudice the case might have affected it. The stuff on these committees is often televised. 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Yeah but sure 99% of people in these committees do not go for the jugular in such a dramatic way. He could have been paid lots by some newspaper for this story. He has clearly gone in there targeting Boris and Hancock. Maybe the question is who is not shitting on and why ? 

It depends on what they have asked, someone is only bound to answer the questions they have been given. He is freer as he's not beholden to a party line obviously, nor is he defending himself.

There will be time for the other people to speak about what happened to get a fuller picture and then for the committee to decide what actually went on.

5 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Any evidence of the "BBC & Sky" taking the position that Cummings is a charlatan and not to be believed about Brexit? Or that everything he says about Boris is gospel?

@miamiwhite would you say such talk is deflection ? 

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

It would have been if it was actually illegal. She was found to have misled the committee right? I wasn't much following. That's not something you go to court for and no party called for it.

Anyway, why are we getting dragged back into that when we have some proper politics happening right now.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

It depends on what they have asked, someone is only bound to answer the questions they have been given. He is freer as he's not beholden to a party line obviously, nor is he defending himself.

There will be time for the other people to speak about what happened to get a fuller picture and then for the committee to decide what actually went on.

Which is pretty much I said why go for it now. He could have walked through this with loads of ambiguous answers. Instead he has gone all guns blazing. Either he has had a total change of character since his press briefing post Barnard Castle and think the public deserve the truth or he has other motives. 
I like the odd bet so would suggest the latter.