Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

I can not stand Boris, Gove and a few others, always felt a bit sorry for Hancock for some reason.

Cummings has always seemed like a snake in the grass, but this committee is the start of opening up on what has happened during the pandemic. I think the Govt at some stage are going to have to admit they made mistakes, but that does not mean they totally fucked  up.

The lack of urgency early on is something most people can see. Chucking folk back into care homes was not great, PPE will raise its head. But the furlough scheme and speed of that , more recently vaccines was very good imo. 

If we want a public enquiry and there needs to be one it needs to be fair and balanced, today is an ex employee with an axe to grind and personal agenda so it will be a kicking day for the Govt but the enquiry has to be much deeper and balanced. 
I won't be shouting "off with his head" based purely on Cummings input.

The care homes business wasn't great for sure, but it was standard practice. One of the main things that sticks in my mind was the interview with Nadra Ahmed, chair of the national care association. 

When questioned about it she explained it was routine and was correct as they are trained in infection control measures.

I think what we later learned was that they weren't prepared for something as dangerous and infectious as this: from ppe, to infrastructure.

Even the medical top bods have admitted they didn't believe asymptomatic transmission would be as issue- so no wonder those down the pecking order were in the dark.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Could be the end of Boris this...

Nah, his supporters will rally round him as they’ll need to save face.

We have to be a little bit careful about using hindsight too much, it’s like watching a slow motion replay of a bad tackle. Always looks worse.

However, it proves that by and large, our current leadership team is a bit below average.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

We have to be a little bit careful about using hindsight too much, it’s like watching a slow motion replay of a bad tackle. Always looks worse.

However, it proves that by and large, our current leadership team is a bit below average.

Compared to whom?

Never had a pandemic in modern times, so not sure who we've got to reference it to.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I particularly like this snippet...

Part of the building was talking about bombing Iraq, part was talking about household restrictions, and "the prime minister's girlfriend was going completely crackers about something trivial,"

There is definately hindsight at play and he clearly thinks Boris is a dick. He is clearly also a dick but this must be awful viewing for the cabinet.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I particularly like this snippet...

Part of the building was talking about bombing Iraq, part was talking about household restrictions, and "the prime minister's girlfriend was going completely crackers about something trivial,"

There is definately hindsight at play and he clearly thinks Boris is a dick. He is clearly also a dick but this must be awful viewing for the cabinet.

But they are snippets from a 12 month period. I could give you snippets from my life in last 12 months that make me seem a lot more interesting than I am. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Compared to whom?

Never had a pandemic in modern times, so not sure who we've got to reference it to.

Why do we need to compare?

I don’t look at a dog turd and think “that turd is better than the other turd I saw further down the road”

Deflecting is meaningless. Whilst I’m sure Cummings is being a little bit dramatic - let’s remember what a fucking snake he is - there can be little doubt that the chaos he describes is not far from accurate.

The irony being that he was a central figure.

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

But they are snippets from a 12 month period. I could give you snippets from my life in last 12 months that make me seem a lot more interesting than I am. 

48 hours in 2002 was enough thank you 💊 💊 💊 💊 💊 😃 

Anyway....

1 minute ago, Spider said:

#TeamBoris 🙂

Like you said previously pal, Boris will bizarrely come out of this stronger and leave his critics pulling out what little hair they have left.

Britain is a strange nation for liking flops such as Frank Bruno, Eddie the Eagle, Jeremy Corbyn etc to name but a few.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Like you said previously pal, Boris will bizarrely come out of this stronger and leave his critics pulling out what little hair they have left.

Britain is a strange nation for liking flops such as Frank Bruno, Eddie the Eagle, Jeremy Corbyn etc to name but a few.

Well at least you're happy to admit our leader is an incompetent, braying pile of shit.

Personality > Policy.

"People would vote for an incompetent, braying pile of shit if it had a blue rosette on"

🙂 

I think most people know Boris is a bit of a cunt - sadly, I can't see many in the HoC who would be any better than he is. It's a pretty sad indictment, that because Boris makes a few people laugh sometimes, that's sufficient for him to be running the country. Couple that with absolutely no opposition at all, then he's laughing really.

As has been stated above, somethings the Government really fucked up on and somethings they've got right, this is a once in a lifetime pandemic (hopefully) and pretty much every nation has had issues/problems dealing with it, even those who are better prepared for such events (just look at Taiwan now, who are starting to lock down). Locking down too early or too late are hindsight things. The whole PPE contract awards need to be investigated, as that looks like it might actually be verging on criminal activity. The furlough scheme thing was/is a success, but personally I think it's gone on too long, and we've spent too much money on it, fingers crossed that over the next few years every single claim is properly investigated and those found to have abused the system get jail time, or at the very least fucking huge fines (minimum x10 that they've claimed)

The whole Cummings thing is mildly funny, he's gone from Hero to Zero within the Tory party in the space of less than 12 months. The whole protecting of him when he fucked up is now coming to bite them on the arse a bit. I'm sure those in power aren't surprised that Cummings has turned, as he's always come across as a bit of a snake. As @Spidersays, he won't release all his dirt on the Cabinet and Boris, as he'll be saving it for his book.

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well at least you're happy to admit our leader is an incompetent, braying pile of shit.

Personality > Policy.

"People would vote for an incompetent, braying pile of shit if it had a blue rosette on"

🙂 

We both people would vote for their beloved party regardless if the leader was a genuis, a donkey, Jeremy Corbyn or a daft cunt with ginger locks 😃 

Thankfully, I shop around when it comes to voting and am known to switch rosettes.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

We both people would vote for their beloved party regardless if the leader was a genuis, a donkey, Jeremy Corbyn or a daft cunt with ginger locks 😃 

Thankfully, I shop around when it comes to voting and am known to switch rosettes.

Changing your mind about anything is banned on this site as you well know, so go and have a good long look in the mirror.

Just now, Spider said:

Changing your mind about anything is banned on this site as you well know, so go and have a good long look in the mirror.

Even worse pal, I'm starting for a new contractor next week for a firm based in Birkenhead  😅 😆 😜

Money talks though and he's a Tory😉  

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Even worse pal, I'm starting for a new contractor next week for a firm based in Birkenhead  😅 😆 😜

Money talks though and he's a Tory😉  

I’m disgusted.

I hope your lunchtime champagne gives you a migraine

Be easier if labour just split wouldn’t it. Left can fook off and form their own Islamic, non binary, Anti-Semitic party for the offended by everything Corbynites.

Those closer to the middle can concentrate of getting back the rafts of working class communities up and down the country that the silly cunts have alienated to appease the minority. 

The party will never be united again, the divide is too big now.