Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Parky has been glowing in his praise for the fans so can’t say fairer than that.

Wouldn’t necessarily object to him staying even if just for a bit of continuity if nothing else. 

Not sure that Parky wants to stay once it’s sorted particularly...he probably knows he’s done his time here.

Good time to get rid of PP. I’m no fan of the manager (the bloke is a different matter) I think similar to some of the players too much has gone on to recover and it would be good for him and us to move on.

it was odd all Wycombes players and ainsworth coming over to clap us. Classy club, I hope they do well 

Edited by tomski

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Good time to get rid of PP. I’m no fan of the manager (the bloke is a different matter) I think similar to some of the players too much has gone on to recover and it would be good for him and us to move on.

it was odd all Wycombes players and ainsworth coming over to clap us. Classy club, I hope they do well 

I took PP not coming over as him letting the players take the plaudits. Was a bit odd though. Ainsworth was v good with us 

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I took PP not coming over as him letting the players take the plaudits. Was a bit odd though. Ainsworth was v good with us 

Aye, wasn’t a dig at PP. Wasn’t the day to call him yesterday but his tactics with young brown up top shows he will never change I fear.

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

Aye, wasn’t a dig at PP. Wasn’t the day to call him yesterday but his tactics with young brown up top shows he will never change I fear.

Alternatively he put a bunch of kids out against pros and until the mistake they were holding out. 

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m PP’s biggest critic, but tactics? Fuck me he’s probably only met half of them on Friday. 

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

I’m PP’s biggest critic, but tactics? Fuck me he’s probably only met half of them on Friday. 

Yes I get all that but let’s not pretend he didn’t think Madine was up top still not some poor kid on a hiding to nothing.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Proper decent guy, Ainsworth.

I remember him volunteering at a local school for handicapped kids iin his time at PNE.

5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think it’s more a case of Parky being unsure of the response he’d have got if he’d come over to the away fans.

That could be the reason

Like many has said the managers role is the least of our problems and if they keep him to steady the ship he should get backed.

Great support yesterday and lets keep these big away followings for the rest of the season

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yes I get all that but let’s not pretend he didn’t think Madine was up top still not some poor kid on a hiding to nothing.

I said that after the game but what was the alternative? The kid might have had more luck with someone next to him but that shit house didnt travel.

Anyway they all put a shift in and we were all proud of them 

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Or rather, the story appears to have played out more to his version of events since Thursday evening.

True. Just sick of the whole thing and the prospect of yet another bidder. 

It certainly was something you would never expect any professional involved in confidential sale (let alone the Administrator) to give permission to a friend/colleague to spread the word that a deal is finalised all but and that he could quote his source as that from the top man himself!!!

Maybe he passed on a nod and a wink indicating that all was good but to allow him to tweet about it, giving his name as the source AND with his blessing to tell the world in advance of either a formal announcement or a statement from the new owners, seemed to be something quite extraordinary - and certainly would be seen as gross misconduct and a sackable offence back in my day.  

Reading the latest from Nixon, he seems to be saying that James/PBP has the power to block any deal on the hotel (which we which knew from the beginning - Iles apart) and that he(and Morris) seem to be at a position to either change horses to the other bidder, or simply take his/their £5.5m from the hotel sale and walk off.

I would interpret that more likely to mean IF there is another realistic purchaser for the club and hotel, then it is a question whether they are allowed/invited to invest into/buy out FV's position, or James simply continues with Brittan and this Keith Morris who is/was supposed to be investing into FV as by all accounts they were all but there already.

51 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's got more right than JME has since their spat on Thursday...

Has he? I think the first thing to say here is that JME is actually involved in the deal. So whatever Nixon says JME knows what is really happening. Secondly what Nixon understands about insolvency can be written on a postage stamp.

The deal was due to be done Friday - it fell apart late in the evening over a detail. Not sure how that supports Nixon’s nonsense.