Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’d suggest it’s you talking through your arse 

the basic rules of defending are non existent at times pure schoolboy errors which aren’t improving

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Agreed. The first goal conceded yesterday was pretty much the same as the opener at Peterborough (a) Defenders can't afford to allow the opponents to leave the last man alone.

Other teams will scour videos of our games and realise all our defenders want to defend right in front of goal so if you put a player further out than the last defender he will receive the ball without impedence.

What are the basic rules of defending?

How would you stop it happening?

3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

What are the basic rules of defending?

How would you stop it happening?

1) CB not allowing the forward to run off the back of you. Didn’t have a clue where he was yesterday 

2) make it more difficult for the cross to come in

just 2 I’ve thought of without even really thinking about it 

11 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

1) CB not allowing the forward to run off the back of you. Didn’t have a clue where he was yesterday 

2) make it more difficult for the cross to come in

just 2 I’ve thought of without even really thinking about it 

Is that KH’s fault or Nsiala

14 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Is that KH’s fault or Nsiala

Considering it’s not just Nsiala at fault, other CB’s have done the same as someone mentioned above, Accy. As well as the FBs & their supporting wide men allowing cross after cross to come in, particularly from deep lying positions I’d say the majority of blame doesn’t rest with Nsiala... 

edit: and if it is continuous individual errors which KH and his coaching team have identified, where is the coaching to see these ‘errors’ removed / reduced? cos it happens week in week out in my book regardless of who the player is 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Doesn't help when you have a donkey of a goalkeeper behind you. Matthews inspires about as much confidence as Theresa May did

He has his moments with his distribution but so did Jussi. All this "Let's get on the back of the club's only experienced keeper" is a load of bollocks. He kept us in the game a few times yesterday and in just about every game we've played. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

He has his moments with his distribution but so did Jussi. All this "Let's get on the back of the club's only experienced keeper" is a load of bollocks. He kept us in the game a few times yesterday and in just about every game we've played. 

And set up Politics goal

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

He’s our only keeper. A situation that good for no one including him

No good but it's how it is. The boo boys at it yesterday started when he didn't punt upfield. Then they did it when he did. They must all be out-of-work goalkeeping coaches because they certainly know Mathews isn't doing it right.

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Distribution is one thing, the fact he seems superglued to his line most of the time is another.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Look the Bolton goal-keeping coaches used to reckon Jussi wasn't up to it. Keeps take time to mature and even then make mistakes occasionally.

The problem is, when a forward makes a mistake he has a midfield a defence and a keeper to rectify it.

A midfielder has a defence and a keeper

A defender has a keeper

A keeper has nobody.

40 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Distribution is one thing, the fact he seems superglued to his line most of the time is another.

As I said earlier, the boo-boys must all be out of work goal keeping coaches. 

48 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The problem is, when a forward makes a mistake he has a midfield a defence and a keeper to rectify it.

A midfielder has a defence and a keeper

A defender has a keeper

A keeper has nobody.

As I said earlier, the boo-boys must all be out of work goal keeping coaches. 

Or massive thick cunts?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Only usually comment on games I was at but on the wireless yesterday it sounded like he was at fault for zero of their goals and made 3/4 saves to stop them scoring. That would seem to be what you'd like in a keeper to me.

Correct. I’ve no issue at all with Matthews. Sure his distribution and command of the area could improve but I’m sure that will come with time and experience.

Hes a relatively young lad, moved miles away from home, been through the shit with us and went months without getting paid. The lad deserves a new contract for the next couple of seasons imo. Let him enjoy a holiday in summer without pay worries and see how he develops

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. I’ve no issue at all with Matthews. Sure his distribution and command of the area could improve but I’m sure that will come with time and experience.

Hes a relatively young lad, moved miles away from home, been through the shit with us and went months without getting paid. The lad deserves a new contract for the next couple of seasons imo. Let him enjoy a holiday in summer without pay worries and see how he develops

Indeed. Plus we're not in a position to splash out on anyone better.