Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annoyances At Home

DazBob

I know this has been done a million times on here, but I'm at breaking point.

Every time,  every fucking time I go and get some milk it's fucking guaranteed it will be opened even though there's still at least half a pint in the other bottle in the fridge.  It's not like it's just one person, they're all as guilty as each other.

Same applies with loaves of bread.

Absolute arseholes.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Unless they're plugged into a phone though, they're not using leccy- what's the issue there?

In terms of money, it only costs a few pence per year so that's not the issue, it's just the habit of them leaving things plugged in and turned on at the plug all the time.  Playstation, televisions, etc.  They're all just lazy cunts.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lights left on.

Don't get me started on that.

It's like it's an automatic reaction to enter a room and turn the light on.  Even if it's the middle of the day in the height of summer.

It's like Blackpool illuminations :)

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

In terms of money, it only costs a few pence per year so that's not the issue, it's just the habit of them leaving things plugged in and turned on at the plug all the time.  Playstation, televisions, etc.  They're all just lazy cunts.

You unplug your telly when you're not watching it?

Somebody or somebodies at our house always leave one of something in a packet/container so that they don't have to then put the wrapping in a bin or move the container.

One slice of bread, one biscuit, one chocolate, even down to the level of one strawberry or one grape.

Every time I come across it I imagine one of the fuckers chuckling to themselves as they do it.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I unplug phone/laptop chargers and put them away because they look untidy all over the gaff.

Fuck that - not doing that every evening/morning - got laptop, second monitor, keyboard, speakers, chargers, printer etc all at my desk. Switch off and shut the door.

Edited by Not in Crawley

Come home from work on a hot summers day, the tumble dryer is going. There is a washing line outside!

Also, Mrs. won't eat food past it's sell by date. "Will you eat that bread with tomorrows date just before midnight?". "Yes". "What about one minute past midnight?" "Er, no."

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I turn it off at the wall, yes.

As I do with everything that doesn't need to be powered when not in use.

Me too. Microwave, TVs, etc, etc.

One I’m guilty of is my Mac, always left on. Takes too long to power up, so can’t be arsed switching if off.

• Moderators

not tidying up after themselves and leaving a mess as they go

one is a dog, and the other 4.5, so I'll let them off

but one of them is 41

it does my head in

and as I get older I'm getting more precious about everything being clean and tidy at all times

• Site Supporter

My butler folded my copy of The Times the wrong way this morning so I had to read the little cartoon at the bottom first instead of the main headline. And he put a drop too much maple syrup in my porridge.

I’m advertising for new help later.

35 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Somebody or somebodies at our house always leave one of something in a packet/container so that they don't have to then put the wrapping in a bin or move the container.

One slice of bread, one biscuit, one chocolate, even down to the level of one strawberry or one grape.

Every time I come across it I imagine one of the fuckers chuckling to themselves as they do it.

If anyone in our house noticed that it was the last one it would be an improvement. They just put the empty packet back in the cupboard.  

Also just leaving stuff on kitchen table. Scruffy Yorkshire twats.