Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2024 Holidays

Smiley

Talking about this part of the country. I spend lot of time around the Forest and Trough of Bowland. It seems our departed Queen also liked it. (she owned most of it) For anyone looking for a day out or a vacation at home, you could do a lot worse. It really ain’t that grim up north.

https://www.c4pmc.co.uk/post/her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-a-true-monarch-of-the-moors#:~:text=She had a particular affinity,dogs%2C horses and country pursuits.

4 hours ago, royal white said:

@Traf how the fuck is this price possible? Granted it’s not the best hotel in the world but how is it so cheap? A few people I went with last year stayed there and have just booked again.

https://www.loveholidays.com/checkout/offer-summary?shortRef=GBH56LBJ

1. That's how much it is, because it's a shit hotel.

2. LoveHolidays aren't to be trusted. There's a good chance they'll ask for more money later or just cancel on you.

13 hours ago, Traf said:

1. That's how much it is, because it's a shit hotel.

2. LoveHolidays aren't to be trusted. There's a good chance they'll ask for more money later or just cancel on you.

To be fair those that have booked it are from Johnny Fold 😂

I’ll message you later next week for next years jollies. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

This air traffic outage has been a right old mare. @Traf, I bet you've been busy!

It hasn't been a great couple of days, but all my returning clients got home and all my departing clients made it to their destinations.

Some were, admittedly, delayed but there's not much can be done about that.

We didn't cancel anyone's trips like some other companies did.

As an aside, I quoted 2 families for a trip to Lanzarote departing yesterday, approx £3k per couple.

One booked with me, one booked with Love Holidays to save about £40 (it actually ended up more expensive, but that’s another story).

Anyway, my clients got to their hotel 13 hours late.

The other couple had their holiday cancelled about 3 hrs before their friends flew out.

Love Holidays will refund them within 14-28 working days.

5 hours ago, Traf said:

As an aside, I quoted 2 families for a trip to Lanzarote departing yesterday, approx £3k per couple.

One booked with me, one booked with Love Holidays to save about £40 (it actually ended up more expensive, but that’s another story).

Anyway, my clients got to their hotel 13 hours late.

The other couple had their holiday cancelled about 3 hrs before their friends flew out.

Love Holidays will refund them within 14-28 working days.

I had a look at that Love Holidays, Mrs just went, have you seen the state of those hotels? I'd said I've have a chat to you...

On 04/08/2023 at 22:45, BobyBrno said:

Talking about this part of the country. I spend lot of time around the Forest and Trough of Bowland. It seems our departed Queen also liked it. (she owned most of it) For anyone looking for a day out or a vacation at home, you could do a lot worse. It really ain’t that grim up north.

https://www.c4pmc.co.uk/post/her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-a-true-monarch-of-the-moors#:~:text=She had a particular affinity,dogs%2C horses and country pursuits.

Any tips for some walks? Dropping youngest off at Waddow Hall for a Rainbows camp in a couple of weeks time. Booked into Spread Eagle at Sawley for a 1 nighter. 

Edited by Smiley

6 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Any tips for some walks? Dropping youngest off at Waddow Hall for a Rainbows camp in a couple of weeks time. Booked into Spread Eagle at Sawley for a 1 nighter. 

Good choice👍 They have a leaflet at the bar with a choice of 3 walks. Each taking between 1 1/2 to 3 hours. The shorter one to Bolton by Bowland, the second to Downham and the longest, through Downham and up to the summit of Pendle. Young lad like you will manage the Pendle walk easily and it’s well worth it. 👍

19 hours ago, Smiley said:

2 mile walk back into Clitheroe for some ale!

First time to Croatia since my Dad took us to a war torn Dubrovnik.

What a beautiful fucking place. We went to Makarska, an hour from Split.

Safe to say the Brits abroad conquerors haven't landed there yet. Lovely town and Harbour.

Wont be long before the dog&duck with some golden arches land there one shouldnt imagine.

Croatians don't fuck about either. 

20230830_115026.jpg

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

First time to Croatia since my Dad took us to a war torn Dubrovnik.

What a beautiful fucking place. We went to Makarska, an hour from Split.

Safe to say the Brits abroad conquerors haven't landed there yet. Lovely town and Harbour.

Wont be long before the dog&duck with some golden arches land there one shouldnt imagine.

Croatians don't fuck about either. 

20230830_115026.jpg

Belting ain’t it? Not been to that place, but we did Zadar and the islands near by. Plus did Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcela, Trstenik, Mljet all before Game of Thrones re-invented the place.

46 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Went to Porec few years back 

Very Italian influence, can get a boat over to Venice if you want, nice and small so easy to get around 

Would love to go back

Last time was with Yugotours when it was still part of Yugoslavia. Moody as fuck. Old men sat in the harbour area in three piece suits, chain smoking, drinking foaming litres of ale at 8am, and shouting at the clouds. When we asked where we could get breakfast all we got was fuck the Bosnians, the Serbs, the Muslims, the Christians, the lot.

The sea was very clear though and ace for swimming :D

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Love Croatia. Did Split and Korcula in 79, Rovinj and Porec late 80s and Dubrovnik just before Covid. Prob going to Rovinj/Porec next year courtesy of Traf Tours - think I saw an ace hotel on his website and had a conversation with him

Been to Rovinj the past 2 years, The Grand Park Hotel is absolutely superb, the nicest Hotel I've stayed in without being OTT, very highly recommended. My olds have been twice on the back of our recommendation too.

We're off to Madeira today, take off as we're kicking off v Derby