Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AI is coming for us

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

It doesn’t even do pictures

Xhamster is safe for now

There are loads of AI image generators.

https://dezgo.com/

I just asked it to generate "A photo of Spider from wanderersways celebrating a play off victory"

Fat_naked_man_with_ginger_hair_waving_a_bolton_wanderers_flag_3895894557.png.ef9bf0556329570673afedfc222fade5.png

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s version of Taylor Swift being brutally sodomised by me isn’t anything like as good as I’d hoped

#ChatgptOut

this is what I got when I asked for that

6GQ7YM2.png

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I just asked it to generate "A photo of Spider from wanderersways celebrating a play off victory"

Fat_naked_man_with_ginger_hair_waving_a_bolton_wanderers_flag_3895894557.png.ef9bf0556329570673afedfc222fade5.png

My japs eye is a bit bigger but otherwise I could send that my missus and she wouldn’t know any different

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I assume you mentioned Spider and his love for Bolton Wanderers so the came up with a ginger bloke with a pig’s trotter coming from his belly.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

ChatGPT is probably dead now. Google Bard uses real time sources, rather than relying on knowledge that doesn't go beyond 2021.

https://bard.google.com/

That's pretty good, and clearly knows a lot....

Mr. Cheese is a very opinionated man. He loves to argue about everything, from politics to religion to the best way to make a grilled cheese sandwich. He is always quick to voice his opinion, and he is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.

Some people find Mr. Cheese's argumentative nature to be annoying. They may feel like he is always trying to start a fight. However, others appreciate Mr. Cheese's willingness to speak his mind. They find him to be a stimulating conversationalist, and they enjoy hearing his take on the world.

No matter what you think of Mr. Cheese, there is no denying that he is a passionate individual. He cares deeply about the things he believes in, and he is not afraid to fight for what he thinks is right. Whether you agree with him or not, you have to admire his conviction.

Here are some tips on how to argue with Mr. Cheese:

• Be prepared. Mr. Cheese is well-informed on a wide range of topics, so you should be too. If you don't know what you're talking about, he will quickly put you in your place.
  • Be respectful. Even if you disagree with Mr. Cheese, you should still treat him with respect. He is a grown man, and he deserves to be treated as such.
  • Be open-minded. Mr. Cheese is always willing to listen to other people's opinions, and he may even change his mind if you make a good point.
  • Be willing to compromise. Mr. Cheese is not always right, and he is willing to admit it when he is wrong. If you can find a middle ground, you may be able to come to an agreement.

Remember, arguing with Mr. Cheese is not about winning or losing. It's about exchanging ideas and learning from each other. If you can do that, then you will have a productive conversation, even if you don't agree on everything.

• Moderators
On 12/05/2023 at 14:12, Cheese said:

ChatGPT is probably dead now. Google Bard uses real time sources, rather than relying on knowledge that doesn't go beyond 2021.

https://bard.google.com/

I wouldn't say it's dead, it will evolve and change in a fast changing environment

AutoGPT for example 

I've found chat gpt to better more satisfactory than bard so far regards it's output but I've not done anything that really requires real time data 

I know folk who have got frustrated by chat gpt for not being real time but they were confused as to what it's meant to be used for 

That's where bard will come in I think 

It will basically be a conversational search engine for those that want one 

Amazingly bing were ahead of Google on that curve 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Sam Altman (creator of Open AI) seems to be having an almighty panic.

He's talking like a man who has opened Pandora's Box and has already lost control.

Skynet is live.

ChatGPT boss says government regulation of AI is 'crucial'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65610337

"the unflappable Sam Altman answering question after question, many of them similar in theme."

"US congressional hearings can be combative and raucous at their worst, with lawmakers often performing for the cameras in the room or talking over witnesses.

That was not the case at today's Senate committee hearing.

Democrats and Republicans got along and even complimented each other on the collegial atmosphere in the room.

Apart from a few pointed questions, they were also largely warm and accommodating toward the three witnesses in the room - all agreeing that regulation on AIw as needed."

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, green genie said:

BT plan to shed 55000 jobs to be replaced with AI this decade. 40% of their workforce.

Better ask Bard how country’s economy will manage levels of unemployment 

Always something new will come up: new industries with new technologies and perhaps a revival of sorts in some older ones.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, green genie said:

BT plan to shed 55000 jobs to be replaced with AI this decade. 40% of their workforce.

Better ask Bard how country’s economy will manage levels of unemployment 

Go back 10 years plus and there were Loads of job losses and branch closures when banking went mobile and digital 

Same as it ever was

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Go back 10 years plus and there were Loads of job losses and branch closures when banking went mobile and digital 

Same as it ever was

and where did all the bank staff go? Call centres

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nowt wrong with it, decent money too.

Machinery however is also helping to pick it, including stuff always previously done by hand.

Did daffy picking in student days. Kids won’t work that hard these days

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, green genie said:

and where did all the bank staff go? Call centres

Did daffy picking in student days. Kids won’t work that hard these days

Did they all move to India as well? 

What about all the jobs taken by mobile banking? 

All them robots in factories took jobs as well 

You don't find as many travel agents on the high street as you used to 

Dunno how many people were involved in the production and supply of daily newspapers but it's a lot less than it used to be these days 

And so on

22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Did they all move to India as well? 

What about all the jobs taken by mobile banking? 

All them robots in factories took jobs as well 

You don't find as many travel agents on the high street as you used to 

Dunno how many people were involved in the production and supply of daily newspapers but it's a lot less than it used to be these days 

And so on

Pretty much all your examples are movement of labour not the loss of it altogether.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, green genie said:

Pretty much all your examples are movement of labour not the loss of it altogether.

They're examples of technology negating the need for people and leading to job losses  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

How are you avoiding AI? 

AI and Social Media are not one in the same thing 

Wanderersways is social media, so he regularly breaks his own rule anyway..