Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley away 2nd leg

HomerJay

12 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s all to play for on Friday. No need for pessimism. We’ve done a job here already this season and our away form of recent times has actually been better than our home form. 

They are a good team but so are we. Those going need to give their full backing to the team and play the part of the 12th man to help the lads get the job done.

Evatt and his team know how to play the occasion and I’ve no doubt we will prepare well for this. 

This 🍺

34 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s all to play for on Friday. No need for pessimism. We’ve done a job here already this season and our away form of recent times has actually been better than our home form. 

They are a good team but so are we. Those going need to give their full backing to the team and play the part of the 12th man to help the lads get the job done.

Evatt and his team know how to play the occasion and I’ve no doubt we will prepare well for this. 

My thinking mate, got to say I’m very confident about Friday our away play is totally different

like I said other day our fitness will be the key here if we can ride the early periods out their units will run out of steam  

Deep down barnsley will be gutted with Saturday that they haven’t taken at least a 2 goal lead against an under par Bolton side imo

Yes, the pressures definitely on Barnsley as the home side, just as it was on us on Saturday so let’s hope their players struggle with it as much as we seemed to. Nerves and attitudes do play a major part in games like this and going there with nothing to lose and everything to gain could make us stronger. This team seems to perform better when they have to dig in and I expect this game to be much like the Wendies one where they batter us for 30 minutes, fail to break through then we gradually take over. It will be tight but I’m also confident we’ll win but maybe narrowly 0-1 or 1-2 but a win non the less.

I don’t feel confident, I don’t mean that in a pessimistic way though, I just feel like it’s a coin toss with this game. A dodgy referee decision, a penalty, a red card, anything could swing it. Gut says  it will go to ET and pens which will literally shred my nerves.

If we lose I’ll be upset but it won’t make it a bad season. I do however think there’s tougher decisions to make transfer-wise if we stay down though than if we go up.

If we go up we can look at targets who are already championship level, if we stay down we have to replace two loanees who are championship level with unknown entities. I trust the recruitment work we’ve done so far will sort us out again but if we could get promoted, replacing Trafford and Bradley with similar quality will be easier I think.

Yeah, I agree there isn't a lot of pressure on so this is essentially a bit of a free hit. 

What I will say is under Evatt up to now we have always won the big games that we needed to - FGR, Crawley, Accy, Plymouth come to mind from the past couple of years - none of them were at home either

Edited by jmjhb

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

My thinking mate, got to say I’m very confident about Friday our away play is totally different

like I said other day our fitness will be the key here if we can ride the early periods out their units will run out of steam  

Deep down barnsley will be gutted with Saturday that they haven’t taken at least a 2 goal lead against an under par Bolton side imo

All correct. 

Only a handful of tickets available and they still havent opened the "away" stand to home fans

Some Barnsley fans are saying we have been given the width of the stand but only rows at the back, meaning it would be impossible to put Barnsley fans at the front of the stand

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

Only a handful of tickets available and they still havent opened the "away" stand to home fans

Some Barnsley fans are saying we have been given the width of the stand but only rows at the back, meaning it would be impossible to put Barnsley fans at the front of the stand

Yeh think that’s what they’re doing. Did it for the game in Jan and then for Peterborough last week. Almost making it a top tier. 

they were never arsed about selling half that stand to home fans. It was all about not giving it to us. 

13 hours ago, Ani said:

I do hope none of the pessimistic fuckers on here have tickets for Friday I can hear the boos already 

Can I just stand up for some of the pessimists amongst us? I've never booed my team and never will.  From my experience it's them millenials that start booing when realism kicks in!

I'm at a loss as to how any Bolton fan can be anything but pessimistic tbh! 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Lad I know just bought a ticket for £90. 

Cunt deserves rolling on pick up. Keep the £90 and his ticket.

And here it is. It was always on the cards these things happening.

I really want to go, but there’s no way I’m shelling out £100 for a ticket, especially to tools like this 

21 minutes ago, desperado said:

I really want to go, but there’s no way I’m shelling out £100 for a ticket, especially to tools like this 

Now pretending he was joking. Sick of our weird fan base 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Big E said:

He’s the one who was hanging out of sharons lad at Pompey. 

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s probably how he gets the tickets

Hope they turn out to be freebies from the club. That’d make it even worse.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

He's the lad that brought up the historic tweets on a Wigan player, which ultimately got Dion in trouble for his historic tweet.

He thinks he's hilarious 

He's clearly not!

That Em is the hergametoo embassador