Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Wales

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Once you take power away from anyone in authority, particularly Police & Teachers, you end up with the UK as it is now…….

What power has been taken away from the Authorities?

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What power has been taken away from the Authorities?

Police on the street have miles less power imo.

2 shit bags tear arsing across an estate from police and its the police that end up on report.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Whatever is the cause, society is in the gutter.

Zero respect for authority across the board.

This is partly true in some places across the UK.

Listened to a caller on the radio today who lives just 3 streets away from where it all happened. 

Says he moved there 15 years ago and there were youth clubs, community centres, good parks, etc.  Now there is fuck all, everything lost funding and shut down, the local park is knackered.

Investment in social cohesion benefits everything from crime, health, education, you name it, it helps.

It saves money in the long run to prevent people becoming criminals than punishing criminals, especially younger ones.

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Listened to a caller on the radio today who lives just 3 streets away from where it all happened. 

Says he moved there 15 years ago and there were youth clubs, community centres, good parks, etc.  Now there is fuck all, everything lost funding and shut down, the local park is knackered.

Investment in social cohesion benefits everything from crime, health, education, you name it, it helps.

It saves money in the long run to prevent people becoming criminals than punishing criminals, especially younger ones.

Stop talking nonsense. It’s because we can’t slap the fuck out of children anymore.

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So money from the state works then?

Also division doesn't work, and we've had 13 years of the Conservatives doing it. If anyone if the parts of Britain left behind where their kids have to leave for better work and life still put that cross in the blue box, then I'm not sure you believe that the North is valued.

Is a tragic shame.

18 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Are crime rates worse now than when teachers & coppers could smack the fuck out of kids? 

Genuinely curious, may well be the case. 

Nope, it's dead easy to look at the stats.

The myth that 'it was better in the olden days' is just that, a myth.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Police on the street have miles less power imo.

2 shit bags tear arsing across an estate from police and its the police that end up on report.

Didn't ask for anyone's opinion. What powers have been taken away from the Authorities?

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Didn't ask for anyone's opinion. What powers have been taken away from the Authorities?

Are stifling my right to free speech?

I dont care what you asked for, I will write what I want and when I want.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Also division doesn't work, and we've had 13 years of the Conservatives doing it. If anyone if the parts of Britain left behind where their kids have to leave for better work and life still put that cross in the blue box, then I'm not sure you believe that the North is valued.

Is a tragic shame.

Wherever id been brought up, i wouldnt have become a lawless cunt

Folk have to be held accountable

Theres a house i drive past every night, front garden...its hard to tell if theres more folk than bikes but its around 10 of each

Wizzing up and down the road, no helmets and ill hazard a guess no tax, no insurance

They could all die tonight and id not give a fuck

Tories are shit, mind