Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (A)

radcliffe white

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I think everyone who left the stand onto the pitch survived and everyone who left the stand through official exits perished. I wonder if anyone got their arse kicked for final exit gates being locked shut.

I searched Google for the answer but found this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

Wow. That is absolutely shocking

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I think everyone who left the stand onto the pitch survived and everyone who left the stand through official exits perished. I wonder if anyone got their arse kicked for final exit gates being locked shut.

I searched Google for the answer but found this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

I was in that stand watching Bolton that same season. 

• Site Supporter

Interesting article that Micky- very shocking. 

I suppose when you have that many coincidences, any "genuine" event might be considered suspicious 🤔 

Not sure how anyone would be able to prove it was deliberate now. 

As an aside, iirc, the exit gates at the back were locked.

Are the ones at the 'bok (indeed everywhere) still locked to the outside but manned incase of emergency?

Need to have some sort of security to stop folk getting on whilst the game is on.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose when you have that many coincidences, any "genuine" event might be considered suspicious 🤔 

Are the ones at the 'bok (indeed everywhere) still locked to the outside but manned incase of emergency?

Need to have some sort of security to stop folk getting on whilst the game is on.

Yes locked on the outside but unlocked inside so can be quickly opened if necessary 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There is no accessible door furniture from outside the stadium but a push-bar from inside. The push-bar will open the door if you activate it or if a build-up of people eventually opens it, spilling them outside.

All will be chained and padlocked when the stadium isn’t in use but somewhere, probably in the video room you can see in the South/West corner, there’ll be a board where every padlock and chain will be hung and obvious spaces visible. The ground safety certificate will specify that it can’t open until every padlock and chain is hung on that board.

33 minutes ago, L/H White said:

He should have got an extra game for a ridiculous appeal. He’s literally on camera whacking Iredale in the back of the head - what did he think the outcome would be?

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

He should have got an extra game for a ridiculous appeal. He’s literally on camera whacking Iredale in the back of the head - what did he think the outcome would be?

There should be a peril to a failed appeal or "why not" is the view.

I've heard that there's clear film of him shaking Iredale but I've not seen it. The match video was very unclear. Has anyone got a link ?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I've heard that there's clear film of him shaking Iredale but I've not seen it. The match video was very unclear. Has anyone got a link ?

Fairly sure someone had their ban extended in the last few weeks because of a frivolous appeal

Edited by Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Whacking a chap on his already injured knapper is bad form. He should have got an additional game the shithouse.

10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Pretty clear on the match video that he whacks him round the head 

Even a slight coming together of heads gets you can red card so can't see what his defence would be 

57 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

You must be viewing a different one to me.

I have no doubt he did, just that the match video just showed a tumble for me. I've read people saying there were other angles & clear images of a coming together.

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Even a slight coming together of heads gets you can red card so can't see what his defence would be 

I noticed that on the replay a the time, looked like their player gave him a dig as they ran alongside each other

12 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

I noticed that on the replay a the time, looked like their player gave him a dig as they ran alongside each other

He did, it's pretty clear he cuffed him around the back of the head, before the afters on the ground.
He's got the red for the initial swing, Iredale has been booked for retaliating.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

You must be viewing a different one to me.

I have no doubt he did, just that the match video just showed a tumble for me. I've read people saying there were other angles & clear images of a coming together.

We all must be.

Although not being the focus of the cameraman, he does appear to lash out and smack Iredale round his swede.

• The title was changed to Cambridge United (A)