Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Halloween: WTF is this shite now?

Underpants

• Members
3 hours ago, Underpants said:

I've no issue with doing Halloween shit. Kids love it so thats good enough for me.

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

I always thought that the unwritten rule of trick-or-treat is if you put a pumpkin outside your front door, or put anything up Halloweeny that can be seen by passerbys, then you are advertising the fact you are trick-or-treat friendly 🤔

Knocking on doors with no ghosts, ghouls or Beckham's on show are out of order.

You could just not answer your door 

It's hardly the Jehovah's witnesses 

Edited by DirtySanchez

Never a fan anyway, but last year sealed it for me when a good week or more before Halloween I was up my my recently departed owd Mam's house in Daisy Hill doing some more clearance, and the neighbours two doors away (but effectively in front of the house as she was in one of two at the end of a cul de sac) had Halloween placcy gravestones laid out all over their front garden.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Never a fan anyway, but last year sealed it for me when a good week or more before Halloween I was up my my recently departed owd Mam's house in Daisy Hill doing some more clearance, and the neighbours two doors away (but effectively in front of the house as she was in one of two at the end of a cul de sac) had Halloween placcy gravestones laid out all over their front garden.

Its bad if it's hitting home,

seeing people covered in fake blood is hitting hard atm, 

meanwhile my 13 year old wanted to go out dressed like barbie... wtf??

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Underpants said:

I've no issue with doing Halloween shit. Kids love it so thats good enough for me. The Rock dressed as Beckham? Come on, what's that shit about?

It's a money maker from Arerica, same as Proms, get teacher a card and a prezzie day, Black Friday and more. If you can be arsed thinking about it. It's for kids.

Asopposed to Bommy Neet, which is not for kids. And British.

Only did trick or treat once. My dressing up effort went as far as the 95/96 away shirt and said I was the mentalist out of Eastenders.

We got a few knocks on the door last night despite having fuck all indicating we would be participating in dishing out rewards to beggars. Just ignored them and the message soon spread. Didn’t get egged either so I’m guessing that’s not a thing any more either. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

No, she took her little brother out dressed as Wednesday addams instead.. 

Fact of the day. The only person still alive from the original cast of the Addams Family is John Astin (93 Yrs old) who played Gomez Addams the father. 

Edited by Underpants

Very popular on our street. At a guess we probably had around 200 trick or treaters. Our neighbour puts a lot of effort into decorating his place and has people dressed up outside for a couple of hours, handing out sweets. When I got back home from work there were about 30 people outside taking photos.

7 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Very popular on our street. At a guess we probably had around 200 trick or treaters. Our neighbour puts a lot of effort into decorating his place and has people dressed up outside for a couple of hours, handing out sweets. When I got back home from work there were about 30 people outside taking photos.

Prepare to be interviewed by Granada Reports in a few years, telling everyone how he just seemed a normal bloke and you never suspected a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Prepare to be interviewed by Granada Reports in a few years, telling everyone how he just seemed a normal bloke and you never suspected a thing. 

Haha. He’s actually in the entertainment industry*, so theatrics and putting on a show is his thing. Some people go big on decorating their house for Xmas; he goes big on Halloween.

* let’s not go there…