Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

I think the rule bods could actually break the unbreakable premier league. 

Clearly out of control as they make it up weekly.

Not sure I ever want to get back while it’s under this current guise.

• Site Supporter

How do they decide the number of points to deduct? It’s like the FA are just toying with Everton but also with the clubs around them.

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

How do they decide the number of points to deduct? It’s like the FA are just toying with Everton but also with the clubs around them.

Mad thing is Micky that I reckon this won’t be the last punishment. Talk of it rumbling after the season.

I hate VAR so much. These are the people who are ruining our elite football with their ‘look at my legacy’ bollocks. All stems from the same reason of protecting the ‘big clubs’ and being edgy fuckwits craving the global audience/revenue

• Members
5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure about Arsenal and Chelsea but City's is a much bigger case with many more charges and will take longer to resolve

I think

I think City's is more complicated because they're accused of inflating income from affiliated companies to prevent overspending, whereas Everton and Forest simply overspent.

I think.

• Moderators

The thing about FFP is no one seems to care and will over spend anyway 

If it didn't affect so many people and businesses at the bottom of the chain I'd say spend what you like and when you go pop it's off to the national League you go

• Members
9 hours ago, Zico said:

The thing about FFP is no one seems to care and will over spend anyway 

If it didn't affect so many people and businesses at the bottom of the chain I'd say spend what you like and when you go pop it's off to the national League you go

I get that Everton couldn't have foreseen terminating a sponsorship deal with a Russian business but someone at Forest must have known they were never going to comply 

Probably thought they'd just get a slap on the wrists and told not to do it again 

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

How can a team as terrible as Everton still stay up with an 8 point deduction :D

Worst standard of premier league ever.

I looked at PL table on BBC yesterday where it shows the last 5 results for each team on the right hand side, just a sea of red from mid table down.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, DazBob said:

I think City's is more complicated because they're accused of inflating income from affiliated companies to prevent overspending, whereas Everton and Forest simply overspent.

I think.

I think that because no two Prem clubs have the same value, cost base, wage bill or anything the PL can't have a set punishment scale.

In short they haven't a clue and need to be seen to punish clubs in public, whilst causing the least disruption for the Prem top brass.