Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (H)


Ani

Recommended Posts

I've watched back the goals and all three can be put down to collective poor defending all round, but I'm not having that Coleman doesn't get most of the blame for the second. 

Last couple of games he's made some good saves, and he kept us in at at Northampton with a great save before half time. 

That second goal though yesterday was rubbish. It's a shot from the edge of the box by a centre half, right at him. He didn't even need to dive. He has to save them. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
Just now, Arrested development said:

I've watched back the goals and all three can be put down to collective poor defending all round, but I'm not having that Coleman doesn't get most of the blame for the second. 

Last couple of games he's made some good saves, and he kept us in at at Northampton with a great save before half time. 

That second goal though yesterday was rubbish. It's a shot from the edge of the box by a centre half, right at him. He didn't even need to dive. He has to save them. 

 

 

I need to see another angle before i judge

And thats if we ignore the bollocks leading up to the shot :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, definitely our most shit house defender, and doesn't take any shit either, I like him

Me too, good character and (importantly) left footed.  Trouble is I like all our CBs and only 3 can play (2 plus Santos).  I'd be happy with him at LWB competing with Ashworth (both more effective than Williams IMO).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

I've watched back the goals and all three can be put down to collective poor defending all round, but I'm not having that Coleman doesn't get most of the blame for the second. 

Last couple of games he's made some good saves, and he kept us in at at Northampton with a great save before half time. 

That second goal though yesterday was rubbish. It's a shot from the edge of the box by a centre half, right at him. He didn't even need to dive. He has to save them. 

 

 

He was at fault - no doubt about that.

His laboured and indecisive distribution cost us lots of time throughout the game too. 

That said, he saved us a point with a good save (which we were right in line with) very late on.

Baxter is a massive miss though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Casino said:

I need to see another angle before i judge

And thats if we ignore the bollocks leading up to the shot :)

 

I can't be 100 per cent sure that didn't get a bit of a deflection on the way through. If it did then that's his excuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other than Santos, you can make a case for any of the other options to be in the back 3, they all have better / worse parts to their game but a lot of it comes down to form.

I think Jones has proved just how important he is and so he goes in the guaranteed starter category with Santos for me - that leaves one spot.

Toal at his best probably takes it, but I don’t think he’s at his best at the moment. Maybe injury, maybe form - he just looks a bit hesitant, like he’s doubting himself.

Forrester hasn’t put a foot wrong. Less experience and probably less comfortable on the left of the 3 but for me, if he’s fit enough then I think he plays alongside Santos and Jones at the mo.

Iredale I change my mind on all the time. Ultimately I think he’s good cover for left wing back and left centre back but I don’t think he’s good enough to take the starting spot with a fully fit squad.

Taylor is clearly useful for his height, and Evatt bringing him on against Wycombe because Vokes was getting the better of Toal shows his use to us, but for me he’s central or bench rather than an option next to Santos.

In summary, hurry up back Rico!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Me too, good character and (importantly) left footed.  Trouble is I like all our CBs and only 3 can play (2 plus Santos).  I'd be happy with him at LWB competing with Ashworth (both more effective than Williams IMO).

We haven’t seen a lot of him yet but personally on first impressions I’d have Ogbeta in at LWB before any of Iredale, Williams or Ashworth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We haven’t seen a lot of him yet but personally on first impressions I’d have Ogbeta in at LWB before any of Iredale, Williams or Ashworth.

Ogbeta fits the evatt style of wing back, probably not up to speed as yet. Could be real asset towards the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We haven’t seen a lot of him yet but personally on first impressions I’d have Ogbeta in at LWB before any of Iredale, Williams or Ashworth.

I suspect that in evatts mind, ashworth is first choice LWB

i agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Aye he’s not the best, Ashworth much better and isn’t afraid to tackle 

All the more puzzling he's yet to start a league game when Williams has been available, I suspect he'll still be IEs choice when fit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Williams needs to learn how to tackle, but he's good at going forward. For me Iredale's best option at Left Wing back, has a bit of steel about him too which we lack as a team. Somehow he gets away with it too. However Evatt has brought Williams in for a reason, and with him being solely wing back and Iredale a bit more flexible, I'm assuming he's his first choice. 

Some of Evatt's signings have been baffling at best..

Best back line would be Cogley, Jones, Santos, Johnston, Iredale. Toal doesn't seem to be developing much as a player atm. As we're back to back matches though, most players are going to struggle to get some decent training/practice in as a team. 

Thinking last night

Baxter

Williams, Johnston, Santos, Forrester(Just coming back)

 

Charles, Ndudulu, Carty, 

Nearly a full team injured atm, plus any that are carrying injuries we dont know about..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All the more puzzling he's yet to start a league game when Williams has been available, I suspect he'll still be IEs choice when fit. 

He was injured himself for a while then had to wait for his chance, though he did start ahead of Williams at Orient 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.