Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (A)

L/H White

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Evatt can say what he likes but he bought Collins to get us promoted, and so far he’s shown that he’s not up to the task.

Losing Dion has completely fucked us.

Blame Evatt all you like, but our most reliable goal scorer being injured is really difficult to recover from.

Collins will be fine once he gets a settled team around him and a settled strike partner with him. He's not going to reach his best until we get out of this injury shit, and Collins gets to make a solid partnership with someone for 70 minutes, instead of from the 70th minute. He's not getting the best of service.

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Anyone who thinks we can get automatic promotion needs to seriously put the drink down

Come next Saturday we could be 8 points off Derby at this stage it’s simply not happening

save your money for play offs 

Correct

in fact, finishing 4th or 5th is probably best now, as the team that comes in 6th is likely to be carrying loads of momentum.

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Anyone who thinks we can get automatic promotion needs to seriously put the drink down

The happy clappers will believe whatever IE and Sharon tell them to believe. 

2 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

The happy clappers will believe whatever IE and Sharon tell them to believe. 

Nothing wrong in being positive.

To me we are the best footballing team in this division. We just massively lack that cutting edge and gamesmanship that sees us over the line in big games.

It'll come. 

We played some immense stuff today.

We aren't far short. 

6 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Collins will be fine once he gets a settled team around him and a settled strike partner with him. He's not going to reach his best until we get out of this injury shit, and Collins gets to make a solid partnership with someone for 70 minutes, instead of from the 70th minute. He's not getting the best of service.

Collins would be great in a front 3 IMO.

This formation is hampering the team. We played well today but we just don't have enough going on up front by relying on Ogbeta and Cogley to do all the wide work. The number of times we played the little pass through to the wing backs for the cross and it came to nothing was ridiculous, and I guarantee if a more attacking player is in those positions we get more crosses in/more shots away. 

We're a bit hamstrung with options at the minute but I'd have tried a front 3 of Bod down the middle, Collins left, Dempsey right

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

12games -17 points.

Won only 4 of those.

1 away win in SEVEN.

Only TWO clean sheets in those 12.

We have imploded when it matters.

Those are the harsh facts, dress it up however you want.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

You’re spot on, take the emotion out of it and the results / facts speak for themselves.

There’s clearly a long way to go but we aren’t getting automatic now so if we want to achieve this year’s objective then we have to go up through the play offs.

It’ll be very interesting to see what happens if we don’t go up. Both from the board - targets were clear and very public and they have backed Evatt, it’s all been very nicely nicey so far but we’ll find out if they have a ruthless side, and from Evatt himself - it’ll be essentially the first season he has underachieved and from how he has been in the press for a while now I personally don’t think he’ll take it very well.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You’re spot on, take the emotion out of it and the results / facts speak for themselves.

There’s clearly a long way to go but we aren’t getting automatic now so if we want to achieve this year’s objective then we have to go up through the play offs.

It’ll be very interesting to see what happens if we don’t go up. Both from the board - targets were clear and very public and they have backed Evatt, it’s all been very nicely nicey so far but we’ll find out if they have a ruthless side, and from Evatt himself - it’ll be essentially the first season he has underachieved and from how he has been in the press for a while now I personally don’t think he’ll take it very well.

Not sure we have under achieved, improved every year under evatt.

Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

Did we improve or was league 1 easier this year? because that was the consensus at the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Wow what a sad little man you are.

You go on as if we are having some kind of disastrous season that you called months ago.

We aren't fucking miles away are we?

Charles plays today we win. 

Fine margins and all that but if we don't get autos I'll bet you anything there's only a point or 2 in it.

Get a grip you smart arsed pillock.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

To me we are the best footballing team in this division. We just massively lack that cutting edge and gamesmanship that sees us over the line in big games.

It'll come. 

We aren't far short. 

Depends what you mean by footballing team. It’s very subjective. Liverpool or City?

We are league 3. Who’s top? Who’s second? Who cares how a team plays. A huge crowd at Pride Park today to see a team consolidate their promotion ambitions by being second best. Who cares?

Just now, gonzo said:

You go on as if we are having some kind of disastrous season that you called months ago.

Charles plays today we win. 

Fine margins and all that but if we don't get autos I'll bet you anything there's only a point or 2 in it.

Get a grip you smart arsed pillock.

Charles would’ve made no difference mate 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He’s a bottle job, just like his team.

If it’s play-off failure - he goes.

Winners make tough decisions in the best interests of the club.

I really dont think he can handle the pressure anymore though, so it will be nicely dressed up.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

We aren't and i dont blame the players, think we've got some of the best players in the league especially in certain positions, that isn't really the issue. I think what's killing us is trying to be mini Barca and or Liverpool. I think the way we play we'd stuggle even if we had the squad of a lower level premier league team.

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

He’s a bottle job, just like his team.

If it’s play-off failure - he goes.

Winners make tough decisions in the best interests of the club.

I really dont think he can handle the pressure anymore though, so it will be nicely dressed up.

Spot on👍

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It'll come. 

We aren't far short. 

I agree with this but unfortunately, the way Derby and say, Barnsley play works at this level.

I really dread the playoffs (never agreed with them), but trying to stay positive, the only team I'd fear in them is Blackpool. 

If they are in, it's over.

Absolutely mustard in the playoffs them lot.

3 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

I agree with this but unfortunately, the way Derby and say, Barnsley play works at this level.

I really dread the playoffs (never agreed with them), but trying to stay positive, the only team I'd fear in them is Blackpool. 

If they are in, it's over.

Absolutely mustard in the playoffs them lot.

Blackpool, Derby and Barnsley are ones I'd fear in the play offs, should they be in them. I wouldn't back us in 2 legs against any of them. 

Stevenage and Peterborough though is a different story and I'd be confident we wouldn't crumble in the away leg.

Get a draw that suits us and I think we'd do well in the final, so not all lost today. 

22 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

We haven’t, correct. If we don’t go up this season then we have.

15 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Did we improve or was league 1 easier this year? because that was the consensus at the start of the season.

Not a great deal in it, squad depth improved, squad quality improved ( despite losing Trafford and bradley), not a sniff of automatic last year, favourites for the playoffs if it came to it this year. I’d say that was improvement.

42 minutes ago, captainmed said:

12games -17 points.

Won only 4 of those.

1 away win in SEVEN.

Only TWO clean sheets in those 12.

We have imploded when it matters.

Those are the harsh facts, dress it up however you want.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Not sure we've imploded, we've been consistent but the games have got harder.  In the last 14 games we've had 6 convincing wins against teams we'd expect to beat, 5 draws including 2 v Barnsley and no shame in the other 3 at Exeter & Northampton and v Charlton; 3 defeats at top half teams.  If that's an implosion, we've imploded since 19th August when we lost to Wigan, drew at Burton, lost to Carlisle and Reading, drew v Posh etc.  There will always be exceptions but our form has been consistent, we know who we beat, we know who we don't beat, with the odd disappointing draw thrown in.

Same few of you every time we lose, it's like some of you want us to lose so you can come on here and spout off

3rd in table, still have a chance of auto's, we may even win all 7 and go up yet you'll all be itching for the 1st defeat in the championship

sad tw@ts

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Plenty of twists and turns to come yet. 

I really wouldn’t fancy us in the playoffs 

In a final at Wembley I'd be confident against anyone 

Less so over two legs home and away