Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Andy Holt - Accrington

L/H White

18 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

Gloucester City too!

The other year when their ground was flooded, they were sharing at Cirencester IIRC while in the North, and you had to drive past a Conference North team to get there 😂 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

are there not 5 Scandinavian countries?

Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland & Denmark

If you're going down that route don't forget the Faroe Islands

I hope Accrington manage to get on a sound financial footing but I worry for them because they have a small catchment area with “bigger” clubs nearby - a microcosm of our own situation when it comes to growing the business.

After our troubles we seem to be doing OK on that front under FV but we have the advantage of a big stadium that can bring in income from events, a bigger population, relatively easier transport access and a management team that is working the assets as best they can and is open to partnerships - all of which could make us financially competitive if/when we get to the next level. At least I hope it will.

There are reasons why nobody was interested when he put them up for sale - whereas we have a decent chance of attracting the investment we’ll need to push on.

Accrington will do better crowd wise back in non-league where Burnley and Blackburn fans will be happy enough to readopt them as a second team (and cheap enough to watch both). Tbh their natural level is probably Conference North and I expect that’s where they will end up. Morecambe tbf seem to have turned a corner crowd wise and apparently have put a lot of work in to doing so. 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, junot said:

Which four? Finland isn't usually classed as part of Scandinavia. 

Where's Iceland then ?

Don't say there's one in Farnwoth.

Edited by FrancisFogarty

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Not in Scandanavia

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There are 4 main Sandanavian countries. I'm assuming you've missed Denmark.

There are other less clear ones to but can see why those wouldn't generally be reckoned with.

5 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Scandinavia most commonly refers to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. It can sometimes also refer to the Scandinavian Peninsula (which excludes Denmark but includes a part of northern Finland). In English usage, Scandinavia is sometimes used as a synonym for Nordic countries.

Aldo, I know, I was sort of quoting the above posts and adding a shite sort of joke.

• Site Supporter

By the way, Iceland is part of EFTA, which includes Lichtenstein and Switzerland. Plus a lot of European Community countries. Which doesn't preclude it being Scandinavian though.

I did EFTA as part of a business studies course at Worsley College back in the day.

17 hours ago, MickyD said:

Can’t let this go unchecked.

Explain.

Start at one of the northern most Scotcher Islands, and then travel to Australia over the North pole