Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure it's really so outlandish

You think we drew because Evatt was thinking about the clubs financial fucking intricacies? Come on

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm genuinely not sure what IE did today that would change someone from being behind him to losing faith.  What was different today?  You said he's already made his mind up before the game, if that's the case and you were behind him previously, no reason to change today, for better or worse the only difference today was starting Jerome for the 1st time.

Well that, plus a lame/tired/toothless performance in a game we really needed to win.

The team lacks a leader on the pitch.

I am sorry but Santos is not up to the job. He needs to concentrate on his game and the responsibility for leading the team needs to be given to someone else.

I'm not hating on the guy but some lads just aren't born to lead

1 minute ago, batton carrier said:

The team lacks a leader on the pitch.

I am sorry but Santos is not up to the job. He needs to concentrate on his game and the responsibility for leading the team needs to be given to someone else.

I'm not hating on the guy but some lads just aren't born to lead

Never a captain in a million years.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'd have thought the same if we'd have won

Hahaha course you would 😂 So who's this Chris fella on twitter?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Based on what?

Think about it logically removing opinion.

He has a debt to the club

He lives miles away. which in the world I work in is frowned upon.

He’s a former regimes man.

He’s underperforming.

Not hard to get to that conclusion.

Well that was a poor second half . Stevenage were playing for a point from the beginning and to see if they could nick one . Just like a lot of poor small teams do . 

The first half could have been any score between 0-0 & 2-2 . Unlucky with the header from Forrester against the bar , And Ive been screaming out for deep back post headers from corners since Gudni showed how its done.

However its not over yet, pompey beat deeerby and its back in our hands , derby , Posh beat pompey and its back in our hands when we face pompey . Or some such conotation. 

Downside , we arent scoring goals but are second in the league for goals scored , and cant keep a clean sheet apart from when we keep a clean sheet .

Summary , not a bastard clue but itll go to the wire. plenty more twists and turns yet to come. and Im half cut. 

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Think about it logically removing opinion.

He has a debt to the club

He lives miles away. which in the world I work in is frowned upon.

He’s a former regimes man.

He’s underperforming.

Not hard to get to that conclusion.

Aye

One thing that has become ridiculously apparent over the past few weeks are the amount of fans that seem to think Evatt is bigger than the club and we should just be glad he is here. He’s above criticism in some peoples eyes. 

There are plenty of managers out there that would kill for this job and a lot that would no doubt do a better job 

Edited by Under_Score

4 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

One thing that has become ridiculously apparent over the past few weeks are the amount of fans that seem to think Evatt is bigger than the club and we should just be glad he is here. He’s above criticism in some peoples eyes. 

There are plenty of managers out there that would kill for this job and a lot that would no doubt do a better job 

Like who? 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Like who? 

Shaun Maloney can win games with inferior teams

Schumacher when he gets binned at Stoke 

Mike Williamson at Mk dons for 3 to start

59 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't agree. We lost arguably our three most effective players in Baxter, Rico and Dion. And then our second striker not long after. I doubt there's many clubs in the division who wouldn't get wobbled by that. 

All 3 have played most of our games this season, the issue is that whether they play or don't, we come up short against the better sides.  We had our full strength line up at Orient for eg and it was as bad a game as any, there are other examples.  And we did keep a clean sheet today, no issues with our keeper, would Charles have scored from any of the "chances" created today?

We can't start next season saying "we should have a decent chance of promotion, but not if Charles or Santos miss a few games".  Because I'm fairly sure neither will start 40 or more games, and even when they play we aren't getting the performances/results against better sides.  Charles is part and parcel of the issue as shown in the last couple of seasons.  And I'm not underestimating what he brings to the side, but our results have been fairly consistent all season, not a lot has changed in the last couple of months, other than the fixtures have been less kind.