Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (H)

Ani

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They've got the upper, we've got the lower.

It's in the BN.

Never a fan of that set-up after being drowned/scalded by tea/coffee/bovril/piss at Bramhall Lane. 

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

I find the best solution is to stay well away from the absolute cesspit that is social media.

I was only on Twitter. Deleted it after  the Wigan debacle as part of me spitting my football dummy out. Haven’t gone back on it and I’ve not missed it for a second - if I want to know anything about the Whites then I find out on here, otherwise I was just seeing the same content regurgitated by 50 different accounts every 6 months, a load of ‘bots’ sticking the same replies under every post and nutcases arguing about what is the best and worst of anything and everything.

Hope WW doesn’t go anywhere anytime soon cause I can’t be arsed going back on it!

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I was only on Twitter. Deleted it after  the Wigan debacle as part of me spitting my football dummy out. Haven’t gone back on it and I’ve not missed it for a second - if I want to know anything about the Whites then I find out on here, otherwise I was just seeing the same content regurgitated by 50 different accounts every 6 months, a load of ‘bots’ sticking the same replies under every post and nutcases arguing about what is the best and worst of anything and everything.

Hope WW doesn’t go anywhere anytime soon cause I can’t be arsed going back on it!

I got banned about 2 years ago, I was raging at first and in a huff didn't just set up another account.

Then I soon realised it was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Spent a lot of time arguing about fuck all. Can do that on here :)

Do miss sleazing over mental scouse women though. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Krimzon said:

Never a fan of that set-up after being drowned/scalded by tea/coffee/bovril/piss at Bramhall Lane. 

The old Baseball Ground was the same. Folk above “accidentally “ knocking a scalding coffee down onto the Bolton fans below.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I use it regularly as a few fans post goals/highlights Ive not seen before so I repost them so I can rewatch at my liesure . 

Other than that its page 3 and nonces.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

The old Baseball Ground was the same. Folk above “accidentally “ knocking a scalding coffee down onto the Bolton fans below.

Used to make my blood boil cos no retaliation was possible. Think I would have preferred a scouse "hot leg" 

Also the Rovers fan who "headed" a thrown metal bin or something.  i mean ffs .

Edited by Krimzon

21 minutes ago, burnden said:

22,500 sold so far

Shows how far we've come as we're expecting that as a bare minimum, 4/5 days before kick off.

We had 22.5k on the final day of our promotion from League 1 against Peterborough in 2017. 

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Krimzon said:

Used to make my blood boil cos no retaliation was possible. Think I would have preferred a scouse "hot leg" 

Also the Rovers fan who "headed" a thrown metal bin or something.  i mean ffs .

I think that was at Stoke. It killed him.

a quick Google confirms

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13003714#

36 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Under 20k home fans for potentially our biggest game to date this season 

lets get that south lower sold 

At £30+ a ticket, not a chance in hell.

At those prices, they don’t deserve walk-ups either. 

Edited by captainmed

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

folk will be paying more if we go up 

They should’ve looked at some package for the final 3 home games 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Folk know the prices at the start of the season though.

I'm sure Neil and the team will have looked at the balance between an ST and single game pricing and come up with a scheme that works for the club. 

Can't argue at the attendances.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Under 20k home fans for potentially our biggest game to date this season 

lets get that south lower sold 

No doubt we’ll get pelters for not giving Pompey more of an allocation if we can only sell a few dozen in the South Stand.

I know £30 is expensive for 3rd tier football, but i thought there would be a decent home crowd in there.

Whilst the take up at this point is slightly disappointing we know how fickle a large part of our fanbase is. Derby defeat tomorrow and there’ll suddenly be a bit of a surge. 

either way, I’d rather have it empty than anymore of these fuckers in there after they suddenly think they’re the best supported team in the land. 

wanted a win purely from a table perspective which is big enough in itself but now seriously want to shut these mongalongs right up 

See I'd give them the rest of the top tier now. We're never going to sell a seat up there and full stadium, irrespective of split, is better for the atmosphere, even for home fans

The other thing is just the way this game has fallen. Not like Pompey are a big team draw or anything for our fans, and we've just had "cheap tickets day" and the next week is end of season, which more fans will prioritise.

I can't see a massive attendance surge

10 minutes ago, Stig said:

See I'd give them the rest of the top tier now. We're never going to sell a seat up there and full stadium, irrespective of split, is better for the atmosphere, even for home fans

Agree with that, I think the atmosphere in our end increases with the sight of a full away end, and there's nothing better if we keep them quiet in 2nd half, eg Blackpool/Derby.  I know it works the other way if we are losing and they are celebrating, but in this poor league we should be confident of rising to an occasion at home.

Crowds attract crowds and if they'd sold another 2k and it was 25k sold already, more folk would want to attend to be part of the big match occasion.