Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nike. England shirt. Flag.

Spider

• Members
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ani said:

Bolty you and I agree on very little, but on trainers we have common ground. New Balance are worn by geography teachers and  people who spend weekends comparing prices in carpet shops even when they do not need any carpet. 

Adidas are classics pure and simple. 

I think we agree on much - just not in the political arena.

You are correct on Adidas of course.

Anyway, piss off you disagreeable wretch ;)

Edited by bolty58

• Members
9 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Thought Bolty would be all over New Balance what with them supporting the Trump campaign in 2016.

Now then, don't go off too early as usual beadbod. 

Adidas for almost everything but NB for my power walks and walking football. Can't remember the model number. 806 I think. Grip like a wank from Emily Campbell.

Go Don.

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Now then, don't go off too early as usual beadbod. 

Adidas for almost everything but NB for my power walks and walking football. Can't remember the model number. 806 I think. Grip like a wank from Emily Campbell.

Go Don.

Power walks 😄 Gets me every time.

20 hours ago, Ani said:

Bolty you and I agree on very little, but on trainers we have common ground. New Balance are worn by geography teachers and  people who spend weekends comparing prices in carpet shops even when they do not need any carpet. 

Adidas are classics pure and simple. 

Couldn't be more wrong, its the reason they were worn by geeks that they became fashionable - starting with Normcore it percolated to the wider public so much so that larger brands like adidas had to keep up and are only worn by older people.

My 14 year old got a pair for xmas, we were on the tube and were laughing as five other people had the excate same trainer on.

Put simply, adidas are the new geography teacher trainer for older blokes.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/heres-new-balance-dominating-right-now/

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Power walks 😄 Gets me every time.

I’ve got visions of him with ski poles and a headband. 

And wearing running shoes to play football?

Proper special that is. I bet he toe bungs it. 

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that blokes in their 60s should only be wearing trainers if they are doing sport. 

I am not 60 till next year so am fine 👍

What else do you wear ? I have some wellies and boots for walking dog, work shoes (not worn for a while as work became casual dress since lock down) . A pair of canvassy things that are ok but then all trainers. 

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Couldn't be more wrong, its the reason they were worn by geeks that they became fashionable - starting with Normcore it percolated to the wider public so much so that larger brands like adidas had to keep up and are only worn by older people.

My 14 year old got a pair for xmas, we were on the tube and were laughing as five other people had the excate same trainer on.

Put simply, adidas are the new geography teacher trainer for older blokes.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/heres-new-balance-dominating-right-now/

We go to the away games and we have two old fuckers, one mid 20s, one late teens and one mid teens. Only the mid 20s wears anything other than Adidas. (One of the oldies is a teacher so fits your point) . I would guess at an average away game Adidas dominate footwear in the young and old. 

My step lad wears non adidas but he has massive feet and they shoes/trainers are fucking enormous. I should point out that the choice of trainer is not an enforced rule 😎😂. Just what we choose to wear and it has become part of the away day chat, the youngest either approving the elders choice of footwear or not. 
I did not realise that NB was having a surge but I am pretty sure in 2-3 years Adidas will still be the leading brand as they are genuine classics, reading the article you linked it also points out the boom in 'foam mule market' which are basically crocs. Another trend I am happy to pass me by. 

Edited by Ani

Adidas Originals will be the footwear of choice for footy lads as it's part of the standard attire.

Outside of that they're losing money thanks in large part to Kanye West being a huge prick and the fact outside of British football blokes people don't want the same 4 only slightly different suede trainers repeatedly pumped out in various colours as Adidas have done for forever.

Despite his awful designs in my 40+ yr old eyes Kanye was massively successful for Adidas and had them relevant to youngsters and fashion bods.

Don't think Adidas have been at the forefront of anything sports related probably since the Predator, Nike lead the way (then sketchers copy it) and them owning both Jordan and Converse helps keep them on top.

46 minutes ago, Ani said:

I am not 60 till next year so am fine 👍

What else do you wear ? I have some wellies and boots for walking dog, work shoes (not worn for a while as work became casual dress since lock down) . A pair of canvassy things that are ok but then all trainers. 

I’m also nowhere near 60 so I can wear trainers. 😁

Just now, mickbrown said:

I’m also nowhere near 60 so I can wear trainers. 😁

My dad is in his 70s and bought some Pharrell Williams's Human Race Adidas Stan Smith the other month. He didn't realise they were Pharrell ones they were just cheap simple black trainers at the Adidas outlet near his caravan.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

We go to the away games and we have two old fuckers, one mid 20s, one late teens and one mid teens. Only the mid 20s wears anything other than Adidas. (One of the oldies is a teacher so fits your point) . I would guess at an average away game Adidas dominate footwear in the young and old. 

My step lad wears non adidas but he has massive feet and they shoes/trainers are fucking enormous. I should point out that the choice of trainer is not an enforced rule 😎😂. Just what we choose to wear and it has become part of the away day chat, the youngest either approving the elders choice of footwear or not. 
I did not realise that NB was having a surge but I am pretty sure in 2-3 years Adidas will still be the leading brand as they are genuine classics, reading the article you linked it also points out the boom in 'foam mule market' which are basically crocs. Another trend I am happy to pass me by. 

Wearing crocs in the office as we speak, i'll put my air max on for the gym, then my adidas jeans when i'm running around later

3 hours ago, Ani said:

I don't wear NB's because at my age it doesn't look ironic and cool, I look like an American Dad on a museum trip.

These are the ones my daughter got for xmas - seems most women under 30 are wearing them - they are everywhere. I think they look crap, but I'm a man in my late 40s so I guess that's the point.

I wear addias, ASICS for running, converse and Camper if I have any spare money to splash out (which isn't often)

image.png.551ddd5c83d0ee3b5ad081e9fa72a7a3.png