Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

RUREADY2ROLL

27 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think most first ten minutes in games where the stakes are so high are generally pretty scrappy as both teams try to find a rhythm.

Graham Souness spoke well on it last week.

Both teams came out the traps, it certainly wasn't the time for nice passing football.

Seem to remember something Evatt said early in the season about "working out what the opposition were doing" at the beginning of the game and then adjusting as required and I can see his point, but I just don't like the idea of waiting until they score as Pompey did.

Maybe we should do what we do best i.e. move it quickly through the lines and let the opposition worry about us instead?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Both Cheese and Lusty have entertainment value; cheese makes me laugh the most with his attacks when anyone criticises the tactics 

Attacks? 😂 Have you got any examples?

4 hours ago, Sweep said:

agreed, it'll be shite odds though I bet. Both games us at 1/3(ish) I'd reckon 

Both games bolton to score 3 goals or more is around 6/1.... that's what's putting steak on the table this Saturday*

*bet responsibly and within limits, previous steak dinner offerings resulted in spam on toast for everyone

35 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Seem to remember something Evatt said early in the season about "working out what the opposition were doing" at the beginning of the game and then adjusting as required and I can see his point, but I just don't like the idea of waiting until they score as Pompey did.

Maybe we should do what we do best i.e. move it quickly through the lines and let the opposition worry about us instead?

Yes good idea. You should look in to being a football coach pal. 

Your insight into football is clearly brilliant.

5 hours ago, boltonboris said:

All Midweek games during school term time are free upgrade, I believe

I didn't realise that.  Definitely another reason to buy a kids ticket that will hardly ever be used - anyone that can normally do night matches and maybe misses some weekend one's, what a bargain!  Especially when 3 or so community day £10 matches are thrown in. 

If its championship football next season there'll be more night matches too, presumably.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Calling people oddball - you oddball 😉

Do you post on other teams forums telling them we're shite too? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Who said ‘we’re shite’? I said we were brilliant 

your losing it

*you're

You were jumping to the defence of wanderlust, who goes on other teams forums kissing their arses and telling them we're shit before we play them. Do keep up.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

*you're

You were jumping to the defence of wanderlust, who goes on other teams forums kissing their arses and telling them we're shit before we play them. Do keep up.

No I wasn’t; it was you that was calling him an oddball that was poor(even from you) when he has an opinion even though I don’t necessarily agree with him.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

No I wasn’t; it was you that was calling him an oddball that was poor(even from you) when he has an opinion even though I don’t necessarily agree with him.

I was calling HIM an oddball, not you. Yet here you are.

Hoping to see Charles and Collins together tomorrow, now that Collins has settled in and is in such good form.

I'd like to see Iredale get a game too, very unlucky to miss out on Saturday.

Whatever team we put out should win tomorrow though.

26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nothing to defend seeing as you apparently never attack.

Cheese on toast :)

• Members
48 minutes ago, Cheese said:

*you're

Wanderlust

Capital W 

Do keep up