Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale (H)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Should be able to find out by looking at bet details. 

nice one, just found it

1/5 on top 4 

so will get £140 back

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Certainly not saying move Charles on but I do wonder if he’s physical enough for the championship if we was to get promoted, you look about and teams have absolute beasts at the back 

I don't think he's physical enough for this league TBH, in general play, but obviously his goal record makes up for that, certainly away from home and against the lesser sides.  But what I would say if we were playing better sides and playing more on the break, like we've seen in cup games v Villa, Boro and Luton and arguably at Wembley v Plymouth, he has that ability to find the space that can give him a tap in.  He scored in all 4 of those games with virtually identical goals from close range, they aren't the goals we generally see in home league games where the opposition defend en masse.  So I could see a role for Charles in the championship (more so than Vic), but clearly we'd need to recruit as well.

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I don't see offers for Dan coming in anytime soon, so yes, I guess he'll be around.

If we stay down, he's clearly staying, but surely if we go up we can get him a loan move.  It would be worrying if he took up a squad position in the championship given how many are already under contract for next season, many of whom are arguably not capable of stepping up, but are fine in L1, unlike Dan IMO.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Deffo, think back to Barnsley in play offs last season. We only had Bradley capable of unlocking them. They soon figured him out and nullified them.

An on form Paris and Collins can pick anyone apart. 

....Need to pray Dion finds some form pretty sharpish.

It’s a pity Dion didn’t stick away one of his chances yesterday, sure it will help is recovery mentally as well as physically by finding the back of the net

2 hours ago, onefinfrandsen said:

It’s a pity Dion didn’t stick away one of his chances yesterday, sure it will help is recovery mentally as well as physically by finding the back of the net

Lad just needs a goal, as currently him & AC have to be our best pairing.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Lad just needs a goal, as currently him & AC have to be our best pairing.

Aye.

That one yesterday that eventually hit the post was hardly something to criticise him over. Comes off the keeper and into him in the blink of an eye, and he can't react in time.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If we stay down, he's clearly staying, but surely if we go up we can get him a loan move.  It would be worrying if he took up a squad position in the championship given how many are already under contract for next season, many of whom are arguably not capable of stepping up, but are fine in L1, unlike Dan IMO.

Just can't see Evatt buying him with a short term plan. Evatt was aiming for championship,  so why buy a player on a contract if you're gonna bin him off?

45 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Just can't see Evatt buying him with a short term plan. Evatt was aiming for championship,  so why buy a player on a contract if you're gonna bin him off?

I've no idea, but every manager makes some strange signings, it happens; if IE thinks he's capable of playing in the championship, ever, I'd be worried 😀

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've no idea, but every manager makes some strange signings, it happens; if IE thinks he's capable of playing in the championship, ever, I'd be worried 😀

Having played 12 Premier league games, I'm guessing you're view might not be accurate. 

17 hours ago, Zico said:

nice one, just found it

1/5 on top 4 

so will get £140 back

i've got £3 ew on City, Leicester, us and Stockport at 240/1. Paying top 4 EFL, top 2 Prem: am i right in thinking each section is independent? So guaranteed full odds for Stockport and EW for us- should the others come in i'll get somewhere between the place bet and full? Does that make sense?

11 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Why give Morley a new contract when he can’t even get a game in L1?

12 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

i've got £3 ew on City, Leicester, us and Stockport at 240/1. Paying top 4 EFL, top 2 Prem: am i right in thinking each section is independent? So guaranteed full odds for Stockport and EW for us- should the others come in i'll get somewhere between the place bet and full? Does that make sense?

No i think your bet will be win to win and place to place so you basically have £3 on everyone to win that has lost and you have £3 4 timer on the place. 

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

1/5 odds is £40 plus stake. 

7 divided by 5 is 1.4 

I thought if each way and odds are better than 5/1 you make a slight profit with an each way bet, so his total stake was £200, so a £40 profit ? 

Edited by Ani

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Won't it be £240

1/5 odds is 1.4, so £140 plus your stake ? 

yes, just noticed that as well

already won £760 off £400 for finishing top 6

£240 off £200 e/w title

got £100 on promotion which will get me £325 if it comes in

also got £100 on top 2 which would be £450 - they're offering £3.71 cash out

1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

ffs- Evatt out

Be worth checking as bets can be settled 'each way all each way' which works like you said at first but pretty sure that 'win to win' is the standard.

win to win is better if they all do win, 'all each way' better if one or more is only placed

Much will depend on whether the whole bet is an actual acca or whether it was one specific bet.

If it's an acca, you'll get win to win and place to place.
If it's a specific/special bet, you'll get half stakes at 1/4 or 1/5 odds depending on the bookies terms.

• The topic was unpinned