footballers you have met

Guest Uncle_Northy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

big sam nicked his current wife off my dad =D>

met eric cantona when i was younger and was a top bloke.

spoken to speed in chester. as said before he's a legend. when i met hunt in chester he looked bemused, probably because i was shaking his hand while staring at his missus! =P~

Met Matthew Upson and James Beattie on deansgate locks last year were sound enough..

Lee Hendrie is a right little prick had a couple of run ins with him, he drank in my local when i lived in solihull - Crouch used to get some stick :D

Sister managed to blag her way into an FA party at the living room before they flew out to the argentina friendly, met most of the squad. Thought most of them were pricks.

mainly spotted rather than met....

Ian Bowyer (Forest) at Manny Airport.

John Bailey (Everton) at some foreign airport.

Ian McCulloch (Notts Co) and Jim Stewart (Rangers) in a hotel in Cornwall.

Brian Griffiths (Wigan) in hotel in Gran Canaria.

Lee Dixon (Arsenal) outside some restaurant in London

I met Dennis Berkamp in a restaurant in Carlisle, he seemed an ok sort of guy. I saw Kenny Dalglish once on a flight back from Spain and he was a total dick, refusing to sign a wee lad an autograph and was downright rude to the cabin crew.

Neil Ruddock - Magaluff - 1986 - apprentice at Spurs at the time. Soft looking b*stard then.

John McGinley - Kiss Night Club in town. He had just signed for us a few days before and he was with a bird who served behind the bar at Burnden (dirty bugger).

Frank Worthington came to my house when I was a kid to see my sick brother (not the best circumstances - he passed away)

Big Sam & Sammy Lee in Flag Inn.

Fabian D & Sasa C in Ritzty (what a big f*cking hooter Sasa had!)

plenty more I think but cant remember off hand.

• Moderators

Did i ever tell you me and zozzy gabe john thomas a lift home. He's a legend.

Met most of the old bolton team from late70s 80s. Play cricket against them every year.

Met fredi bobic when he donated a signed shirt.

big sam and supa john.

eider in the millhouse.

freddie hill

loadsa others

Used to see Peter Nich a lot in the Cross Guns @ Egerton

Saw Reidy supping a good few times in the Railway, Bromley Cross

Went to school with Mick Bennet. hadn't seen him for years and then saw him at the reebok the week after I'd heard him comentating on a game and thought "Is that Mick Bennet?"

Guest squidgy66

Met most of the current team in the airport after the Bestikas match last year.

Big Sam - with his ever present cheesy grin

Little Sam - bit on the Scottish side, but pleasant enough

Nobby - Proper piss-taker. Really down to earth

Jussi - really pleasant

Bruno - looked confused

Raidhi - Friendly enough

Dioufy - Looked a bit shifty but pleasant enough

And Ricky, Fernandes, Natata, Fadiga and a couple of others that I can't remember cos I was pissed. #-o

Used to see Bruce Rioch at the Georgian House a lot and saw Sir Nat there absolutely rat arsed one night.

I once had to chuck Gerry Taggart out of the hospitality tent at Cheltenham Race Course - and that was a mission - although he was a very down to earth chap

You're lucky he was in a good mood, that day.

Otherwise you'd have been picking your teeth up with a broken arm.

Guest Hugo Guthrie

Alan Thompson - top bloke

Iwan Roberts - also top bloke

Craig Bellamy - complete and utter tw*t (surprisingly)

Chris Llewellan (not sure how its spelt, used to play for Norwich) - same as Bellamy

:-k I've met two talented footballers, Jay and Brixton from the allstars. Both of them are down to earth, and don't let their fame go to their heads. :D

Stuart Pierce back stage at The Pogues concert last year at M.E.N arena,

he was assistant manager then. Mrs Breightmet is a nurse at Hope Hospital and cos she helped his dad she got us back stage passes. Shit the Pogues though, just a crowd full of spud-diggers.

Met all the team and had a meal with them when we got promoted v Preston and also when Rioch got us promoted at Bolton Town Hall. In

fact, i stood on the steps with the team. My sisters a councillor and got

me invited to both. Met Jeff Steling, Chris Kamara, David Baddiel, Ann Taylor Bolton MP in Saporro, Japan v Argentina.

I've also worked with Harry Bruce who played for Birmingham City and Reading. I met Billy Elliot on the boat from Norway when he was manager of Brann Bergen and I was telling him all about Big Sam. When he became manager of Sunderland, Sam was one of the first players he signed. I didn't get my agent's fee.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.