Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey Predictions

Eddie

3-3 thriller, Cahill to have a mare.

This way - he can go from hero to villian in a week which is what all us Wanderers fans will love just so we can moan... :good:

On the plus side, I always have ?1 on 3-3 so could be quids in! Not been quids in since we drew 3-3 with Derby all those years back though :bang:

This way - he can go from hero to villian in a week which is what all us Wanderers fans will love just so we can moan... :good:

On the plus side, I always have ?1 on 3-3 so could be quids in! Not been quids in since we drew 3-3 with Derby all those years back though :bang:

Barnsley,Birmingham,Crystal Palace and Gillingham are 4 since then.

0-0 or a Bolton win against Portsmouth.

It'll be a sickener if we get beat.

hey big spender

Really looking forward to this one. If we can keep Defoe quiet then we should be ok, job for Cahill. With 442 I think we could win this.

I'l go..... 2-0 Nolan, Cahill (the new hero).

Yes 2 nil i think too

Will Diouf start? Who will he drop?

I whould play the same team that won our last game.

Edited by M G WHITES

Yes 2 nil i think too

Will Diouf start? Who will he drop?

I whould play the same team that won our last game.

He could drop Helguson and i think he will, although some would argue thats a little harsh

I will go for 2-0 to the wanderers, Taylor and Diouf :yahoo:

• Site Supporter

3-0 to the wanderers. 0-0 at the break, Diouf opens the scoring having replaced helguson at H-T. This opens the floodgates and Nolan scores the other two before Pompey are awarded a penalty after A.O'Brien handles on the line, getting sent off for his troubles. The penalty is saved by Jussi and the loose ball is put into the North stand hoardes by Davies.

3-0 to the wanderers. 0-0 at the break, Diouf opens the scoring having replaced helguson at H-T. This opens the floodgates and Nolan scores the other two before Pompey are awarded a penalty after A.O'Brien handles on the line, getting sent off for his troubles. The penalty is saved by Jussi and the loose ball is put into the North stand hoardes by Davies.

yeah but who takes the 1st throw in after HT, thats what we all wanna know micky!

Can't help but think that Megson's teams do well when we have to be compact and the opposition try and get on the front-foot (like Utd at home, Reading and Newcastle away for example), but struggle to take the initiative when the emphasis is on ourselves to attack and spread the opposition (Fulham, Blackburn at home for example).

This ties in with what I'd heard from West Brom fans.

So, my head says a hard fought 1-1 draw with the usual moans and groans.

But my heart says that Megson hasn't worked with players of this calibre before and after the victory last week we'll be full of confidence and win by 2 goals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.