Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barton Jailed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7409943.stm

Premier League footballer Joey Barton has been jailed for assault and affray.

Barton, 25, was arrested in Liverpool on 27 December 2007 after he was involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant in the city.

The midfielder, of Foxbank Close, Widnes, admitted the charges last month but reporting restrictions were only lifted on Tuesday.

He appeared at Liverpool Crown Court where he was jailed by a judge for six months.

:drinks:

What happened to his court case for assult at the City training ground?

Isn't that happening this summer some time?

I read somewhere that the court case is this summer. Be fooked if I can find it though!

:blink:

He'll do 3 months, but 1/3rd of that will be on tag. Out by mid July with a decent tan.

I predict July 18th.

Go on, mate: I'll humour you.

What date do you reckon Newcastle report back for pre-season training?

Anywhere near the 18th?

newcastle should just fcuk him off. Hes scum. He's the one footballer i wouldnt give a shit about goin the same way as gazza, he's already half way there the loon!

They should at least stop his wages.

We all know he'll not serve 6 months, unless he's a naughty boy inside too. However, if he did serve his full term: he'd earn around ?1.5m whilst inside.

They should at least stop his wages.

We all know he'll not serve 6 months, unless he's a naughty boy inside too. However, if he did serve his full term: he'd earn around ?1.5m whilst inside.

It doesn't matter how he behaves inside, the maximum he will serve is 3 months, unless he does something that warrants him going to court and getting another sentence

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.