Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull City V Bolton Wanderers 22/08/2009

Carlos

I agree those not coming because of the manager is twaddle have never done would never do - any suggestions for a viable alternative? I know you've not said he should go now fair play on that i think it's early but he's only got 4 or 5 games of this and he's in serious serious trouble - who would you go for if he went?

My suggestions aren't particularly my choice just viable options - I'd love to think Louis Van Gaal would like to come and ply his trade in the prem for the challenge he's done wonders at unfashionable Az Alkmaar with no money with Gudni or Hierro as Assistant - 99% pissing in the wind on that one but you can dream.

If I'm honest, I've not really thought. The main reason for this is I know it's nowt to do with me who it'll be. I'm not being facetious, just attempting ot keep myself sane. Don't get me wrong, I'm as pissed off about our situation than the next person but I've long since given up worrying about things I can't affect. It makes one feel much calmer. It's good for the soul & wouldn't do some on here any harm. :mellow:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home.......

spent over ?100 to watch that today, ive backed Megson since he's come but i simply cannot any longer

That was utter utter shite imo..

In fighting again between fans, 'Megson is a Wanker' etc etc

bad times..........but the weather was nice :good:

Muamba was our best player by a country mile :good:

hahaha true - you know when you have these thoughts what if........I'm taking No balls advice what will be will be BUT if we lose at tranmere with the reserves I'll be reaching for the valium!!!!!

As I said on another thread, this midweek is my first checkpoint on Megson (since we've started the season with him, like it or not).

We need to pick the strongest team and bench for Tranmere; the players need matches to gell together, the strikers need to score, & we need a result for confidence.

I'm waiting to see what he does.

• Site Supporter

Just back.

Lowlights: Not having anything to hit a very poor Hull side with. bolton fans fighting between themselves at H/T again, forgetting my family railcard and getting landed with an extra ?45 bill, getting battered at snooker by Djorkaeff and my daughter against me and son, no beer in ground after kick off, walking back to station with all the Hull fans gloating at theirfirst home win of the year.

Highlights: Train journey home. Guard was called Roy and was an absolute gem. Cheers rang out through each carriage as he passed through giving high fives all the way down the train. Sitting with Ashy's mates and drinking their beer on way home . . . even if it was only carling!

er, that's it.

Just back.

Lowlights: Not having anything to hit a very poor Hull side with. bolton fans fighting between themselves at H/T again, forgetting my family railcard and getting landed with an extra ?45 bill, getting battered at snooker by Djorkaeff and my daughter against me and son, no beer in ground after kick off, walking back to station with all the Hull fans gloating at theirfirst home win of the year.

Highlights: Train journey home. Guard was called Roy and was an absolute gem. Cheers rang out through each carriage as he passed through giving high fives all the way down the train. Sitting with Ashy's mates and drinking their beer on way home . . . even if it was only carling!

er, that's it.

Roy loved it he was right playing up to it fair play to him :D

where you in the carriage with the Leeds Fans mickey with us? and a couple of Tranmere?

Satan was it really shite?

No, but my main feeling is that it was not what it could be - for the first time I'm thinking he's really not getting what he could out of them. His limitations as a manager - actually utilising and motivating what he has to play with - are starting to show I'm afraid.

• Site Supporter
Roy loved it he was right playing up to it fair play to him :D

where you in the carriage with the Leeds Fans mickey with us? and a couple of Tranmere?

Yes I was. Me, wife and to kids at a table.

Sat in first class on Man Picc to bolton train with a few yoof. Man City fan giving it large, surprised it didn't kick off with him. Simpleton!

• Site Supporter
Just back.

er, that's it.

Oh, it's not quite it. Who the hell persuaded Darren to wear a Freisian Cow suit, complete with udders?

Highlight or lowlight? Not really decided! :blink:

Mark Davies only positive today, excellent driving runs and always looking for the ball. Le chung yong looked positive aswell.

The new full backs have taken us backwards. Very bad signings.

Elmander is getting worse with every game. I have given up with him, he is just shit simple as.

And no fucking beer at half time :blink: to top another shit away day.

football first aint really any way to judge

but

we were the best team for 75 minutes

we created plenty

we couldn't hit a barn door

muamba looked really good

I've just watched it on MOTD and you would never have known we had so much of the ball or so many chances off the coverage. I think they edited it down to about three Bolton chance's and by the sounds of it shown all of Hull's.

• Site Supporter

just watched the game on footy first, and i honestly thought we were unlucky.

only thing wrong was not taking chances, and piss poor attempt of a clearance from knight.

also, the comment above about elmander, im not sure exaclty what more you want from the lad, except goals obviously. but to say he was shite is bollocks

i dont think there was anything NEGATIVE about todays tactics either

Edited by HomerJay

I also thought we played well, other than in front of goal.

Unfortunately you don't win when you don't score and Elmander will carry the can due to his price tag linked to the number of opportunities he squanders.

We should have been 1-0 up before Hull woke up.

• Members

Please dont do anything drastic, Glasgow. Stay away from owt sharp.

Where do we find em? How would you like to be in the front line and the first two of 38 in your company have been shot dead and the bloke beside you starts with the 'We're doomed, I tell ye'?

Glasgow isn't the bloke out of Dads Army is he?

MEGSON = SHIT

ELMANDER = SHIT

ROBINSON = VERY SHIT

Me, pissed off with whats happening to the club, glad im at wembley for rugby next week so wont see another tip toe show against the scousers.

Will as for past 35 years always support the club but cant remember being this dicked off before even when phil neal was in charge and he was poo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.