Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Teachers You Remember For The Wrong Reasons

Carlos

Mr Asif - Maths teacher

He always carried a metre stick in class, everytime he wasn't happy with the class or certain people laughing and talking he would smack his stick on a table and shout " Your here to learn! " he didn't last very long.

Mr - Bowman/Bowdman [not sure] I didn't like him ever since year 7, inter form football, my form [7P2] got to semi final, i scored the opener then it went to 1-1, last minute before pens, ball rolled towards me [about 200 kids wathcing] i dummied this other kid and shot from middle of pitch it went straight in, but he didn't give it, because he said it was overhead height, it wasn't even the other forms keeper said it was a goal :angry:, the game went to pens, i step up 1st and score [nearlly saved] and i went straight up to him and gave him the shhhhh! finger, only 1 other lad in my form scored and we went out :( I think i reminded him a lot during the 5 years at school, seen him in a shop in Fanrworth about a year ago, think he wasn't well.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Bolton County Grammar.

Roy Grimshaw - Biology teacher.

In 1994, Roy Grimshaw, another fake doctor, was jailed for fraud after gaining a job as a clinical services manager at Guy?s hospital in London. He had previously posed as a surgeon at a private clinic in Lancashire where he?d carried out nine surgical operations, many gynaecological procedures and three vasectomies. He was only exposed when Bolton magistrates? court, where he was facing a driving ban, had his medical qualifications checked.

Grimshaw was sent down in 1983 too for running an illegal abortion clininc in either Preston or Blackpool. He used to have a maroon Jag with a car phone in (this was in 1980) and on Cross country he would drive around the course with the phone handset stuck to his face.

Mr Asif - Maths teacher

He always carried a metre stick in class, everytime he wasn't happy with the class or certain people laughing and talking he would smack his stick on a table and shout " Your here to learn! " he didn't last very long.

Mr - Bowman/Bowdman [not sure] I didn't like him ever since year 7, inter form football, my form [7P2] got to semi final, i scored the opener then it went to 1-1, last minute before pens, ball rolled towards me [about 200 kids wathcing] i dummied this other kid and shot from middle of pitch it went straight in, but he didn't give it, because he said it was overhead height, it wasn't even the other forms keeper said it was a goal :angry:, the game went to pens, i step up 1st and score [nearlly saved] and i went straight up to him and gave him the shhhhh! finger, only 1 other lad in my form scored and we went out :( I think i reminded him a lot during the 5 years at school, seen him in a shop in Fanrworth about a year ago, think he wasn't well.

smithills ?

mr bowman was a sound bloke, unless you were a cunt.

if you ever met mr lonsdale he was a cunt violent bastard, punched me in the face once not a little tap, drew blood on a few occaisions on other kids hitting them with a ruler.

when lonsdale hit me, mr bowman spoke to me a few days later and blamed me for it, based on lonsdales version of events, i saw bowman a few years after i left and he made a point of apologising because he did nt realsie the full facts.

the rugby team at smithills arrnaged a staff v old boys rugby game and the old boys kncoked fuck out off lonsdale it was like in Sleepers when the inmates played the guards.

• Site Supporter

Turton

Mr Steeple - Arrogant Bully, I hope he was involved in a freak yachting accident

My kids now go to Turton, as did I 1973-78, and Colin Steeple was as nice as pie with me at parents evening. I agree though, he was a horrible man with a bad attitude to kids; which makes me wonder why he ever joined the teaching profession.

Others at Turton who stay in my memory:

John Rudd, head teacher for calling us "The worst 5th year he's ever had the displeasure to teach!" This was on the afternoon assembly on our very last day of school. A lad had been up to school at lunch time on his bike giving lads joyrides up and down Chapletown Road. Unfortunately he hit the station wall with a lad called Gary Amos on the back. Rider was killed Gary Amos got broken up a bit with punctured lung and all sorts of fractures.

My guess is that somehow, the head teacher thought it was our fault!

Mrs Eccles - RE. Sadistic bitch. Loved to pull lads out of their seats with that bit of hair in front of your ears. Hurt like fuck!

Jimmy Lever - Head of middle school. Had the hardest fucking hit with a size 10 pump that I ever felt.

Mr Soper (also RE) just for being stupid. Every time he mentioned Virgin Mary, someone would ask, "Sir, what's a virgin?" He'd spend the rest of the lesson talking about sex and copulation to which we'd be sniggering like the schoolkids we were.

Mr Russel - Matalwork. Horrible bloke who used to throw hammers. I later went out with his youngest daughter, I don't think he ever really accepted that his daughter was going out with a lad who once handed him a length of iron bar which was hot but not glowing. "Is this bar hot enough to do a wrought iron scroll sir?" I asked. I didn't know he'd get hold of the fucker!

Mr Walker at GTS - loved lifting kids by sideburns. Tosser.

He once built a kit car - sporty number. Some of the lads dragged it over the edge of the embankment near the school and send it tumbling.

There was twoMr Walkers. The one your talking about, we called Hitler. The other was a bully aswel. Pushed me into a drawing table once that was bolted into the floor. Cut my arm. I got suspended for dropping the cunt. Didn't speak to me after that.

Pete Walkington at George Toms.....fit as a butchers dog as he was an excellent cyclist, but what a twat.

He had a term 'The Red Hand Gang' meaning he's slap you on the legs hard so a big red hand mark would show for ages.

He was shit at cricket though and I hit him a few times while bowling, he hated being shown up!!!

Best teachers, Geordie Jones big Wanderers Fan now a local photographer and Neil Collier also a big Bolton fan, saw me once lobbing coins at away fans when they used to put them next to us in the paddock, had me in on Monday laughing saying did I get any of 'em!!!!

• Site Supporter

Grimshaw was sent down in 1983 too for running an illegal abortion clininc in either Preston or Blackpool. He used to have a maroon Jag with a car phone in (this was in 1980) and on Cross country he would drive around the course with the phone handset stuck to his face.

He did some great PE sessions though

Mrs Hatton had great tits

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

Tottington High

they were all quite nice actually.

Head of first year was a big Bolton Fan, so detentions with him were always sound! games teacher too, let us wear wanderers kits for PE, UTD & city shirts forbidden!

Bolton County Grammar.

Roy Grimshaw - Biology teacher.

In 1994, Roy Grimshaw, another fake doctor, was jailed for fraud after gaining a job as a clinical services manager at Guy?s hospital in London. He had previously posed as a surgeon at a private clinic in Lancashire where he?d carried out nine surgical operations, many gynaecological procedures and three vasectomies. He was only exposed when Bolton magistrates? court, where he was facing a driving ban, had his medical qualifications checked.

My old teacher !! Ha ha , was shagging a 6th former if I remember .

Mrs Eccles - RE.

Mr Russel - Matalwork.

Mrs Eccles, I had forgotten about her, I really didn't like her. The only teacher ever to give me detention

Mr Russell, he was a real wanker, I'll never forgett he look on his face when somebody had accidently left the chuck key in one opf the lathes and then turned it on, which resulted in the chuck key flying across the room and smashing into the wall - looking back, how was that machine ever allowed to be pu in a school, if there wasn't a safety mechanism to prevent such occurences?!?!

I'll never forgett he look on his face when somebody had accidently left the chuck key in one opf the lathes and then turned it on, which resulted in the chuck key flying across the room and smashing into the wall - looking back, how was that machine ever allowed to be pu in a school, if there wasn't a safety mechanism to prevent such occurences?!?!

See, thats where our country is going wrong. There's no chance of building up your own instinct for things that might go wonky.

Society wraps our kids up in cotton wool so that when they're introduced to the real world they get a paper cut, whinge, and the fucking place shuts down for a month whilst the Elf and Safety Nazis crawl around the job.

Getting them in a scrap yard or stripping astbestos for a few weeks whilst smoking a few Bensons perhaps once in a while is charachter building.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.