Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Liverpool Red Cox 1

Was just having a gander at a Liverpool forum, seeing what they were saying about us, most of 'em were saying they think with Roy's tactics and with our wingers and K.Davies that Bolton will win, and some even saying they hope Liverpool lose as it'll be good in the long run[Hodgson sacked]

Bolton will win this i think, they are looking very good this season, Coyle has them playing a variety of football, they have the long ball to Davies but they also have Petrov and Lee who really are excellent Premiership wingers. With the way we've defended cross balls this season added to the fact all of our full backs are in woeful form, i expect Bolton to come out very fast and agressive, and if we aren't up for the fight, we will be punished.

I think it will end up being a 2-1 win for the Home team, or at best for us a 1-1 draw, one thing is for sure, we won't keep a clean sheet, which means we will have to score atleast 2 goals. Not looking forward to this at all and i think the pressure will be piled back on Roy by 6pm on Sunday.

Have a read of this from a poster and then the reply.

Quote from: BSBW on October 28, 2010, 11:20:43 AM

This is one game I deffo do not miss about no longer living in the UK. Even though it's not too far to travel it's a A fuckin' plastic, soulless bowl on the edge of the moors with no decent ale houses anywhere near the ground. It's always freezing, they have a fuckin' drum banging on throughout the game, they set off fireworks in daylight just before kick off for some obscure reason and have a gang of pubescent young girls doing the arl cheerleading just to keep the fuckin salivating inbred local paedos and freaks who choose to live in this god forsaken shithole part of Manchester happy. Then when the c*nts score you get the gang of c*nts who run up and down the touch line with their big flags just to wind you up. Everything that is bad about modern day footy can be found here. I'd get more enjoyment hitch hiking to Portsmouth for a night match in February with only one fuckin' shoe than go to their shit hole again.

I think my best trip to Bolton was in the late 70s when it was a night match at their old ground. We were in the Railway Embankment end, the Arndale got done before the match and there were freebie Slazenger jumpers everywhere which was really appreciated as again, it was fuckin' freezing, I think it snowed if my memory serves me right.

Firstly, it's not part of Manchester and they hate Mancs. They also like us and hate Everton.
Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Site Supporter

10 games in is often used as a pointer as to how a season will pan out, but it's hard to call this year with a lot of teams looking similar in standard.

3 pts today, and we will have had a blinding start to the season.

A draw will still make it pretty good.

However, a defeat and we will be looking over our shoulders.

So COYWM, off ter pub nowyahoo.gif

What a very boring, awful game!

Did we deserve to lose - no

Was it just like watching the negative Megson long ball rubbish - yes

Should we have had at least 1 pen - yes.

Starting with the positives, I thought Robinson, Holden and Knight had good games, Holden would have scored a wonder goal if his volley went in, Knight did well, but made an terrible mistake, which with an inform Torres leads to a goal or him finding Lucas for a tap in. But he was solid after that and cleared very well. My man of the match for Bolton which may come as a surprise goes to Robinson, didn't notice any mistakes, cleared his lines well, even blocked a shot from Gerrard. He did do a lot of long balls but so did all the back 4.

We should have had a pen, clear handball and 2 instances including Lee and Davies when it could have been a foul. 50/50 I guess.

The negatives for me was our performance overall, we somehow didn't score when Davies put it wide by about an inch, but what else was there, a couple of Elmander shots, a couple of Taylor freekicks[Davies going down way to easy]Holdens volley and a couple of long shots from Steinsson and Muamba. It really was poor.

I thought Davies was once again very poor with ball at feet, mis controlling, letting the ball go away from his foot, however he did play a nice ball to Taylor which should have led to a pen due to Carraghers handball. He did what he does very well also, but with ball at feet he seems to hesitate and look a little foolish when he loses it a lot.

Muamba's passing was poor, Lee was average, he does the checking back almost 100% accurate, sometimes I wish he went forward a bit more though, he did a few fancy flicks which was nice. Elmander was alright, really should have done better with his half chances.

Taylor played a blinding freekick in that Davies should have scored[as mentioned above] and found Knight with a corner, but I thought he was average also altogether.

Jussi's kicking was very average, loads of times they just went out for a throw-in. Why does he always need to kick when the ball goes back or even when under no pressure, just play it out to one of the back 4 and we can play some football, instead of hit and hope boring punts.

Liverpool were just as worse, but Torres and Gerrard most missed good chances, Torres looked dreadful, but showed his talent with a great backheel for Maxi.

A performance and result like that especially losing a point late on puts a bit of a dampner on the seasons start, not quite sure what the gameplan was, but for me it was lump it forward and try and win flick ons from Davies and Elmander.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Moderators

i can remember two kicks from jussi that went out of play, one of them under pressure on his weaker foot - for the number of times he's asked to kick, hes fine at it

robinson was the same as he is every week - a solid full back who adds to the team

the ref didn't do his job

muamba and holden were asked to do too much by coyle

• Moderators

we missed Petrov, our attacking game was well off with him missing

like the look of Rodrigo

Liverpool were turd but should stay up

i think we lost nowt from petrov not being there - is he on a sulk or is he injured?

but i'll give you rodrigo looks a player

Guest Frandsen08

we really are missing killer instinct from midfield,when plan A doesnt work we rely to heavily on possibly gettin a goal from a set piece or klasnic coming on.

we didnt deserve to lose at all we more than matched them,LCY looks shagged i'd start moreno over him next game, im not a huge fan of taylor but he put a decent shift in today, SKD was poor the amount of times he was caught on the ball was unreal, steinnson had his best game of the season IMO, knight won everything that came to him and holden is an absolute joy to watch.

lets not get too downhearted, we'll do alreet this season.

Edited by Frandsen08

• Site Supporter

Having read your diatribe Diddles, I agree with a lot of what you say. You point out, however, that bit about SKD going down too easily, he was nearly booted out of the stadium!

I note, with interest, you seem to have forgotten that early on in the first half your idol, CYL, got himself into a great position in their box and then went down looking for a hopeful penalty. I was surprised he didn't get booked!

Well once again we got facking robbed by the referee; at least two penalties that most of the big boys would have been given.

SKD had another bad day at the races; his effort was 100% as ever but he continuously got caught out with the ball at his feet.

Elmander runs around a lot and showed some good touches but his is totally lightweight and missed some good chances - we need a replacement no matter what people think

Both full backs had their best games of the season and Gary Cahill was his usual reliable best (apart from the nutmeg that led to the goal)

Many on here said Zat had a good game but I thought he wasted every ball and lumped it to nowhere - he did make some very good tackles though

Jussi should have saved the shot for their goal - went straight through him - apart from that he had a good game

Muamba was very clumsey but won a lot of tackles like he usually does

Taylor did OK - best performance from him for a long time

LCY did OK but no penetrating runs like he usually does

Holden - Nothing needs to be said the guy is a breath of fresh air and superb every game

Really hope the confidence doesn't go after that home defeat - a win next Saturday and we will be happy bunnies again COYWM

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.