Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool Next Week - A Plea

Ani

I wasn't aware that nobody had ever been brought to justice for this. I always thought one of my wife's former school friends had served time for the crime. Whether or not he did it is maybe a different matter.

Apparently and ellegably it was a black kid from the Caribbean who stabbed the guy and he managed to get off with it and return to his homeland

I was reading around on some forums etc. to see what all the "rivalry" was about, and it seems it was some 14 year old lad apparently but the police interviewed him without any adults there or something which is illegal so the case fell apart!

God knows if its true or not, but there we go!

This is indeed correct was aquitted on a technicality he was interviewed with no independent over 18 present

• Members

Apparently and ellegably it was a black kid from the Caribbean who stabbed the guy and he managed to get off with it and return to his homeland

That would be Breightmet then? FFS, many of us knew/knew of him. Born & bred in Bolton to my knowledge. This has been done to death before.

Did it, got away with it on a technicality, did some boasting, hounded out of town. Yes, half caste lad but not sure that he went to Jamaica. Don't think the destination would be shouted from the roof tops for obvious reasons.

What the tangerine morons stirring things up don't get is that he wasn't exactly popular around our town. No one should go to a football match and not come home.

That would be Breightmet then? FFS, many of us knew/knew of him. Born & bred in Bolton to my knowledge. This has been done to death before.

Did it, got away with it on a technicality, did some boasting, hounded out of town. Yes, half caste lad but not sure that he went to Jamaica. Don't think the destination would be shouted from the roof tops for obvious reasons.

What the tangerine morons stirring things up don't get is that he wasn't exactly popular around our town. No one should go to a football match and not come home.

I wouldn't be desperately unhappy if Ferguson went to a match and didn't come home, TBH

A more realistic view: http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=567325

"I work a couple of miles down the road from Bolton and my office is full of Bolton fans.

Let me have you know that this 'rivalry' we supposedly have with them is very much one way.. When I told them that a lot of Blackpool fans saw this as the big grudge match of the season all I got was a look of confusion.

90% of Bolton fans don't give a toss about us."

• Site Supporter

A more realistic view: http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=567325

"I work a couple of miles down the road from Bolton and my office is full of Bolton fans.

Let me have you know that this 'rivalry' we supposedly have with them is very much one way.. When I told them that a lot of Blackpool fans saw this as the big grudge match of the season all I got was a look of confusion.

90% of Bolton fans don't give a toss about us."

Also from them and Wanderersways gets a mention too:

http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=567324

Now I'm not sure but I'd say 90% of the ESL probably wouldn't have ever heard the song in question. The ones that do would now be a bit more mature.

As I read it this thread was asking for us to fill the ground as we're playing well etc

Nothing to do with encouraging trouble with Blackpool

But they'll read what they want into it

By god they're a backward fucking bunch up there

That song did get a mention on this thread, though.

Intended more to raise a giggle that to rouse a rabble, perhaps, but not clever.

• Moderators

That song did get a mention on this thread, though.

Intended more to raise a giggle that to rouse a rabble, perhaps, but not clever.

it did

am sure it was meant as a laugh, it was probably before their time anyway

see that poster has edited it now

guess that'll learn them that jest posted on here can be regugitated elsewhere as incitement

Me + 2 are in for this... taking my niece to her FIRST EVER Bolton game... that should stop her from saying she supports Man Utd like her daddy.

Does that make your brother a DMB or is your sister married a DMB? Either way, that's wrong.

Me + 2 are in for this... taking my niece to her FIRST EVER Bolton game... that should stop her from saying she supports Man Utd like her daddy.

Hope she enjoys the game, and tell her she is adopted.

Does that make your brother a DMB or is your sister married a DMB? Either way, that's wrong.

If it's your brother, I hope you tickled him to death when you were kids

• Site Supporter

it did

am sure it was meant as a laugh, it was probably before their time anyway

see that poster has edited it now

guess that'll learn them that jest posted on here can be regugitated elsewhere as incitement

I mentioned "that song" and now, seeing the shit it caused, have got rid. I actually wasn't aware guests could get on or maybe I was once and had forgotten.

Anyway, it's gone.

This has made me all the more detemined to be in attendance on Saturday....Blackpool have been given a further 150 tickets for this match.So they'll bring approx 5,000.

Blackpool Tickets

Strange how they have found an extra 150 tickets, all I can think is that Bpool fans will have every seat in the South Lower and they will move the no mans land into our end - ESL + WSL.

I wonder how fans they will have in the South stand after 80mins when we are 5 - 0 up! COYWM!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.