Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January Transfer Rumours

I like Petrov and think he brings a lot to the team

I think we have enough tackle in midfield to cover his lack of

I wouldn't put anyone on the left before him

he's what we've been crying out for, particulary under Megson

He brings a lot to the team? Like what? I seriously cant see what good he does for us at all. The last two away games City and Sunderland he has been so bad we could of played lofty (the lion not the legend) in his place and got more out of him.

We've scored 30 goals in 18 game 4th highest goalscorers in Prem so attack play is not issue but just one clean sheet all season which proves we're struggling at the back compared to 9 clean sheets for Mackems.

Anyone know how many points goals scored conceded after 18 games last season as a comparison.

I can't be arsed researching it either, but Id hazard a guess at less, less, less.

He brings a lot to the team? Like what? I seriously cant see what good he does for us at all. The last two away games City and Sunderland he has been so bad we could of played lofty (the lion not the legend) in his place and got more out of him.

Apart from ONE pass I would totally agree with that - at 57 I would have done better than that waste of space

And after a few ok ish games our beloved Taylor is as bad; well maybe not as bad as Petrov

Play Chunky and Moreno for me

Apart from ONE pass I would totally agree with that - at 57 I would have done better than that waste of space

And after a few ok ish games our beloved Taylor is as bad; well maybe not as bad as Petrov

Play Chunky and Moreno for me

I guess that I knew Petrov couldn't tackle a decent meal (comment by Rioch about Richard Sneekes) before he came. The big disappointment for me is his crap crossing. I thought this was going to be his main strength, but Taylor's delivery is vastly better.

I like Petrov and think he brings a lot to the team

I think we have enough tackle in midfield to cover his lack of

I wouldn't put anyone on the left before him

he's what we've been crying out for, particulary under Megson

Petrov on form and looking interested yes

But a whinging bitch who doesn't put effort in? nay, nay, nay

Recently he's been the latter, so drop him

• Moderators

pace, goals, a direct approach, will run at defenders, not afraid to shoot, capable of taking set peices, got a good left foot, experience

the last 2 away games you mentioned - pick a player who left the field having had a good game - as all round we were pretty lame throught the side

• Moderators

Petrov on form and looking interested yes

But a whinging bitch who doesn't put effort in? nay, nay, nay

Recently he's been the latter, so drop him

maybe he's got glandular fever or something

• Moderators

Very good, but Taylor always puts the effort in - it was just that he looked knackered all the time during the "glandular" period

Petrov barely breaks sweat

Which is remarkably what he was like at City

I like him

no problem with Taylor either

but I prefer us with Petrov on the wing under Coyle's regime

Klasnic barely breaks sweat either, but you always know he'll get a shot in given half a chance, same goes for Petrov, he'll get the ball and motor forward, for too long we've not had players like that (Wilhelmson for example turned out to be turd, as did Braaten)

with two tacklers in Muamba and Holden in the middle I reckon we can accomodate a winger like him

as said in previous thread, I'd have no issue with Taylor on the left away, and Petrov at home - I'd certainly put Petrov in against West Brom on Boxing Day

pace, goals, a direct approach, will run at defenders, not afraid to shoot, capable of taking set peices, got a good left foot, experience

the last 2 away games you mentioned - pick a player who left the field having had a good game - as all round we were pretty lame throught the side

Petrov never takes defenders on and he isnt very quick at all imo. All he does is shoot, shoot, shoot and he rarely gets it on target. Them two games though he stuck out like a sore thumb because he was that bad even when most of the team was poor.

• Moderators

Petrov never takes defenders on and he isnt very quick at all imo. All he does is shoot, shoot, shoot and he rarely gets it on target. Them two games though he stuck out like a sore thumb because he was that bad even when most of the team was poor.

well he's already got a better goal to game ratio than he had at city and atletico medarid

prob a few assists too

he's one of them, got some class but is a bit lazy

for me this season is all about enetertainment, and I rekon we're more entertained when he plays

balls to tactics, as coyle might say

We've scored 30 goals in 18 game 4th highest goalscorers in Prem so attack play is not issue but just one clean sheet all season which proves we're struggling at the back compared to 9 clean sheets for Mackems.

Anyone know how many points goals scored conceded after 18 games last season as a comparison.

Last Season:

Pld 18: W4, D6, L8

Goals for: 26, goals against 36.

18pts, 18th position

So, this season we're 8 points and 11 places better off.

We've scored 4 more goals and conceded 11 less.

So, the defence has improved more than the strikeforce!

• Site Supporter

Last Season:

Pld 18: W4, D6, L8

Goals for: 26, goals against 36.

18pts, 18th position

So, this season we're 8 points and 11 places better off.

We've scored 4 more goals and conceded 11 less.

So, the defence has improved more than the strikeforce!

Now now, stats are not allowed!!

• Site Supporter

apparantly we are in talks with some Bolivian striker no name as yet , maybe in case Elmander is sold

Will he get his name before we sign? Or how do we chant his name if he scores?

"One bloke with no name, theres only one bloke with no name, one bloke with no name, there's only one bloke with no name"

Or can we have a vote on his name? Or auction his naming rights.

I like the sound of Keith Reebok Rodgers. Any one else got a view??

Edited by Ratwhite

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.