Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clattenburg 2 Wanderers 1

I don't know what all the moaning is about. Jenas tackle apart Clattenburg was fair

Both penaltys were penaltys, and the Cahill incident was touch & go

As for Jussi, he wasn't at fault at all

We were unlucky

1st pen was unfortunate but fair.

2nd pen looked like Ricketts got a slight touch on the ball but I'm not surprised he gave it, it wasn't him that made them retake it was the linesman that spotted the encroaching.

We should have had a stone wall pen at 1-1 which would have changed the game but he booked Cahill for diving instead.

Jenas should have been sent off for that tackle.

He's a cunt!

you are pissed or simple??, firstly he hung GC out to dry by not giving him the option of an an easy back pass, then his angles are all wrong when the shot comes in, then finally he could still save it but was too slow to react.

it is fuckin embarassing our best keeper is potentially keeping one of our local rivals up.

plus he is one miserable twat.

I don't know what all the moaning is about. Jenas tackle apart Clattenburg was fair

Both penaltys were penaltys, and the Cahill incident was touch & go

We were unlucky

Pretty much my thoughts on the game today

I know I shouldn't be, but absolutely gutted...after coming through those first 10 minutes when I thought we were staring a 6 goal hiding

Fair play we went for it, but Petrov really looks a liability

Need to see the goal again, but Cahill needs to focus on his defending, he is trying to do too much and be too flash, he was an accident waiting to happen today

Short journey home at least

edit: Sturridge was absolute class, we will be fine if he plays the rest of the season

Edited by whiteboy

Having had a bit of time to reflect, there was a lot of postives to take from that, we played some good football, kept the ball on the floor/tried to more than not,[well Knight didn't as usual]and with Sturridge up top it looked like we could create summat each time we got it to him.

Holden and Robinson did some class tackles. Ricketts did not. Cahill couldn't get the ball off Defoe.

2nd half I thought we played really well considering we were at Spurs and was like playing against 12 men with the ref being on Spurs side.

Edited by Didledee

Encouraging performance and unlucky not to get at least a point imo. We dominated for long spells and im quite confident if we play like that consistently we will pick up plenty points.

Zat Knight was at fault for their 2nd goal as he got turned inside out for the 20th time in the game. Wheater deserves a chance soon as Knight's form seems to have dropped off recently.

Me and my 13 YO called what would happen today if we chased the game and played the last 20 too open - it wasn't difficult to predict but unfortuntely our manager can't seem to see it. It's happened once too often today and he may change but i doubt it.

Your 13 year old probably makes more sense than you do...

What happened in the last 20 minutes is we attacked the hell out of them at their place and got hit with a 92nd minute 20 yard screamer. You predicted that? It wasn't like we were getting bombarded for 20 minutes - even Sky Sports News said we were looking more likely to win.

When we were under Megson, people were moaning the football was negative, and boring... We're now under a manager who thinks he can win every game, so we get nice attacking entertaining football and GUESS WHAT... Halfwits like you are STILL complaining, but that we're not negative enough now. Get some kind of dose and chill out. Either that or chop your hands off so you can't type any more.

I get annoyed when we lose too, but Spurs were there for the taking today and given the same circumstance I'd have done the same as what Coyle did. Well, apart from one thing (which you singularly failed to point out)... he brought on Muamba for Holden (to shore up the middle) and 10 points for guessing who didn't track back on Krankjar as tight as he could have. That's right... Muamba.

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Our last manager got run out of town for being too defensive but now some of the same folk are questioning our current manager for being too attacking?

How many times over the years with various managers have we tried hanging on for points/point and let in a goal? It doesnt matter if you defend or attack if somebody fucks up the opposition will score. It the players jobs to not make an error.

• Site Supporter

there is such a thing as balance.

at 90 mins, i expected a point.

i do not give a fuck how that point comes about.

and the person who is probably paid a million pounds a year (whether that be megson, coyle or fuckin berty bassett) needs to learn how to do that.

Just on my way back to marple towers after a cracking trip as usual. To be fair to spurs we should have been 4-0 down at half time. I thought second half we were superb playing some great football that we haven't seen for some months.

With 20 mins to go the game was anybodys and apart from a stone wall penalty for us, if it wasnt for a error from Cahill 1-1 would have been a lucky result let's be honest!

The football is getting back to it's best with chippy coming back and our new acquisition strurrage who is looking quality!! Everton next, let's shit em

there is such a thing as balance.

at 90 mins, i expected a point.

i do not give a fuck how that point comes about.

and the person who is probably paid a million pounds a year (whether that be megson, coyle or fuckin berty bassett) needs to learn how to do that.

I aint see the goal, and this comment is not aimed at Homer personally...

People have blamed Cahill,Knight and Jussi for the second goal. So if any of these three had done better we would have got a point.

So it was nt tactics that ruined the game it was individual errors.....unless the people blaming the players are wrong. You could argue with a chnage that we would nt have been in a position to concede but that is total guess work.

Owen Coyle was not at fault for the defeat.

Maybe he was guilty of being too positive, but give me that anytime over Megson esque negative tactics.

Infact no he wasn't guilty of ought, because we was the better team in that second half and let me tell you this, if that shot from 30 yards doesn't go in, then a point would have been a fantastic and proud point, how is a manager to blame for a shot from that distance?

If Zubar didn't mess up, it would have been the same, Coyle this, Coyle that, but because we won, not much was said, if we got a point today, surely most would have been happy with the performance and the point, 1 goal from distance and the ref cost us.

That performance today gave me more belief that we can actually go to Wigan and Fulham in the Cup and win, if it wasn't for the past 5 defeats away from home, I guess people would just class today's defeat as unlucky, but because of our recent away form, people will see this as another reason to judge Coyle, when infact he actually tried to win the game, sent out a positive side and he can only do that, he tries to lift them on the touchlines and he tries to win games, it's up to the players to do the business, and overall I think we was very much part of a cracking match and there were signs of the football we played in November, without really creating a lot for Gomes to do.

He even brought on Muamba with 3 minutes to go for Holden, if the goal came from say a break from Spurs with like 10 of our players forward, then maybe I agree, but it's not like we was going gung-ho and we had enough players in the correct areas, It was just a nice faint from Niko and a shot that will no doubt miss most of the time.

Don't Blame Coyle for being positive, don't blame Coyle for a last minute loss, especially the kind of goal it was. Blame the weather not being too windy or summat, so the ball would have moved wide of the post. Should Coyle have acted like Merlin and magically move the balls direction?

Edited by Didledee

Maybe he was guilty of being too positive, but give me that anytime over Megson esque negative tactics.

Infact no he wasn't guilty of ought, because we was the better team in that second half and let me tell you this, if that shot from 30 yards doesn't go in, then a point would have been a fantastic and proud point, how is a manager to blame for a shot from that distance?

If Zubar didn't mess up, it would have been the same, Coyle this, Coyle that, but because we won, not much was said, if we got a point today, surely most would have been happy with the performance and the point, 1 goal from distance and the ref cost us.That performance today gave me more belief that we can actually go to Wigan and Fulham in the Cup and win, if it wasn't for the past 5 defeats away from home, I guess people would just class today's defeat as unlucky, but because of our recent away form, people will see this as another reason to judge Coyle, when infact he actually tried to win the game, sent out a positive side and he can only do that, he tries to lift them on the touchlines and he tries to win games, it's up to the players to do the business, and overall I think we was very much part of a cracking match and there were signs of the football we played in November, without really creating a lot for Gomes to do.

He even brought on Muamba with 3 minutes to go for Holden, if the goal came from say a break from Spurs with like 10 of our players forward, then maybe I agree, but it's not like we was going gung-ho and we had enough players in the correct areas, It was just a nice faint from Niko and a shot that will no doubt miss most of the time.

Don't Blame Coyle for being positive, don't blame Coyle for a last minute loss, especially the kind of goal it was. Blame the weather not being too windy or summat, so the ball would have moved wide of the post. Should Coyle have acted like Merlin and magically move the balls direction?

I do despair!!!!!!!

Edited by athywhite1958

• Site Supporter

If Zubar didn't mess up, it would have been the same, Coyle this, Coyle that, but because we won, not much was said, if we got a point today, surely most would have been happy with the performance and the point, 1 goal from distance and the ref cost us.

That performance today gave me more belief that we can actually go to Wigan and Fulham in the Cup and win, if it wasn't for the past 5 defeats away from home, I guess people would just class today's defeat as unlucky, but because of our recent away form, people will see this as another reason to judge Coyle, when infact he actually tried to win the game, sent out a positive side and he can only do that, he tries to lift them on the touchlines and he tries to win games, it's up to the players to do the business, and overall I think we was very much part of a cracking match and there were signs of the football we played in November, without really creating a lot for Gomes to do.

all results are down to the manager

Edited by HomerJay

why do managers get sacked?

whos the best manager in the world? and why?

That has nothing to do with today's game or my point.

How was Coyle to blame for that long distance goal?

Another example, if it's 0-0, and say Cahill puts it in his own net under no pressure, would that be Coyle's fault?

• Site Supporter

That has nothing to do with today's game or my point.

How was Coyle to blame for that long distance goal?

Another example, if it's 0-0, and say Cahill puts it in his own net under no pressure, would that be Coyle's fault?

i didnt read the rest of your 'point'

as for the rest of your post, yes football is THAT simple.

stick to fifa sunshine.

i didnt read the rest of your 'point'

as for the rest of your post, yes football is THAT simple.

stick to fifa sunshine.

The reply of someone with no counterpoint.

If you think Coyle is to blame for today's defeat then I think you should go and watch your favourite Gary Megson at Wednesday and watch them sit back for points. Just be able to accept it when the opposition score a strike from like Niko did.

Should Coyle have run on the pitch and stopped it himself? should he have had 11 players on the goaline forming a massive wall? should he have threw a stick at Niko's head?

Was he to blame for the penalties? was he to blame for the ref? was he the reason we lost = NO.

Just got back

Gutted with that late goal and Cahill wants shooting for fucking up with 2 minutes left.

Clattenberg needs to retire the cheating get

Our defence looks very dodgy against any pace and Ricketts was awful

Sturridge can finish and I can see more but not sure about playing him with SKD and Elmander

Taylor was non existant again but Petrov was shocking when he came on and probably one of the reasons we lost

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.