Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

Was a killer that day could not believe we missed out again, what a great game and footage though, was it before the match Wolves ran over to the Lever end or after?

i remember them running over to the Lever End after the game,they may have tried before the match but i can't honestly remember

i remember them running over to the Lever End after the game,they may have tried before the match but i can't honestly remember

Seem to remember being in the embankment for this game and I'm sure that the Wolves fans climbed the fence and came under the large gap under the dividing fence and chased the few Bolton fans who were in the ground hence our side was mixed between Bolton and Wolves all the Wolves fans seemed like grown blokes with Noddy Holder haircuts to this poor little 12 year old skinny kid.

There were loads on the pitch already when I got on to the Lever End about 2ish. Scrapping like fuck they were. I can't remember if it was the same season as Chelsea pitch invasion when fans seemed to swap ends almost. That might have been year before as I had a season ticket in Burnden Stand for that game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

May well already be on here; can't be arsed looking through 18 pages to see. It is, however, worth seeing again just for a goal from Jimmy Phillips.

Edited by MickyD

Broadcast yesterday ..30th march ....I was on the paddock fence, Everyone's seen the worthy goal, didn't remember england manager ron greenwood being there or tad novak's debut

... full match highlights and interviews ...a must see .... cant believe how much airtime we got !

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-big-match-revisited/series-2/episode-17-bolton-wanderers-vs-ipswich-town-1978-79