Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Bolton 3

Guest bwfcdan

Boyata had a decent game, missed that header like but decent.

My stream stopped just before Moses made a fool of Robinson in the 89th minute and crossed it across the face of goal, for a moment I had a bad feeling Boyata had scored an own goal, thankfully it started again with it still 2-1.

He had a very good game, really should have got his second goal in two games though, to be fair a little, it was whipped in from close distance from Petrov's and Eagles worked freekick, but from that close, he should have put it in.

He certainly didn't give them the space or lose his position like Steinsson usually does.

Edited by Didledee

Guest bwfcdan
My stream stopped just before Moses made a fool of Robinson in the 89th minute

Well you should have come to the game then.

Absolutely brilliant result!! Very chuffed!!

1985/86: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Mark Gavin scoring his first goal for Bolton.

2006/07: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Andranik scoring his first and only goals for Bolton.

2011/12: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Reo-Coker (if he gets credited with it) and Ngog scoring their first for Bolton. Eagles scoring his first league goal.

We've won there 5 times, drawn 5 and lost 6 in the league - not all that bad really!

Overall record in league and cup games - we're now one win ahead of them having won 15, drawn 10 and lost 14 (including Freight Rover adventures back in the day).

1) Jussi with their goal. Just seen it not much he really could do about it

2) K.Davies missed pen. . It happens, hes not the first to miss and will not be the last

3) Robinson. . we know,its been said after every game

----

I think he could have at least made an attempt, I will watch it again though, so for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I guess there's no point trying to save it, if you have no chance.

That's K.Davies's 2nd miss in a row after missing against Arsenal last season, before that he scored like 5 out of 5, so he can score them, today though at 2-1, he being captain had the chance to make certain of 3 points for a team who needed 3 points so badly.

I think Petrov should take them tbh, but I'd give K.Davies one more chance at taking them, he made our 2nd goal all by himself, so I'm not slagging him off, just my opinion on the penalty.

I said Robinson won me over last season, but since Wembley he's been in the average-poor range for me, he's far too slow to allow players to get in behind him and Moses skinned him a few times too, he's fine in possession when under no pressure, it's just the off the ball stuff and when players are running at him, he can be such a weak link.

But enough of that, today was about our attacking football, loads of positives and the end of several defeats, I just hope we can now go and get our 1st win at the Reebok, it's been a while.

1985/86: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Mark Gavin scoring his first goal for Bolton.

2006/07: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Andranik scoring his first and only goals for Bolton.

2011/12: Wigan 1 Bolton 3 with Reo-Coker (if he gets credited with it) and Ngog scoring their first for Bolton. Eagles scoring his first league goal.

Did Andranik not socre his first goals for us against Doncaster?

Wigan defensively are very poor, yet in the 2 nd half we sat back.pratley is not good enough. In that role i would prefer muamba , has oc fallen out with him? We should have brought mavies on for pratley earlier.

We lack class, but 3 important points. 2nd half I started to doubt oc tactics, but thankfully we pulled through.

Wigan defensively are very poor, yet in the 2 nd half we sat back.pratley is not good enough. In that role i would prefer muamba , has oc fallen out with him? We should have brought mavies on for pratley earlier.

We lack class, but 3 important points. 2nd half I started to doubt oc tactics, but thankfully we pulled through.

Anyone that wrote eagles off needs to watch this game. An assist and a goal. Hopefully we will see much more of that shit goal celebration.

Also wheater was excellent. Cahill seems much more content with wheater.

Moses was their only decent attacking threat, did robbo a few times but overall defended solidly. Should of had a couple more aswell.

Thought pratley did ok today, well enough to avoid criticism. Nigel had his best game for us today, although I'm sure his goal came off caldwell.

A much needed three points. Bring on the mackems.

• Moderators

Having Wheater in for knight seemed to make a massive difference. his blood and thunder style makes up for his lack of abilty

[/quote

you're in a world of your own

lack of ability my arse

big shout for him and for eagles

aye, wigan are second division at best, but he was way too good for them

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.