Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs 3 Wanderers 0

Guest bwfcdan

He didn't actually say that

"Strongly intimated"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13628221.stm

Intersting how he said "As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences,". And what might they be since you quit, Mark

I honestly can't see him having an appetite to manage club on a relatively low budget who look to be going down.

• Site Supporter

It doesn't say he's perfectly happy to wait for Old Bacon Face to curl his toes up at Old Trafford. Does he have time to sit there all day doing nothing? Maybe he's being touted to replace speedo at Wales. I really don't have the answers to any of these questions but unless he actually answers them himself we only have some fooking agent's opinion; a bloke whose sole job is to get him back into paid employment in order that he can become a parasite again.

It doesn't say he's perfectly happy to wait for Old Bacon Face to curl his toes up at Old Trafford. Does he have time to sit there all day doing nothing? Maybe he's being touted to replace speedo at Wales. I really don't have the answers to any of these questions but unless he actually answers them himself we only have some fooking agent's opinion; a bloke whose sole job is to get him back into paid employment in order that he can become a parasite again.

He's not desperate enough (yet) to consider Bowton

My feeling is that the "lack of alternatives " argument doesn't stand up.

I think that it boils down to a simple question......Do you think Coyle will keep us in the premier league or not ?.....if you think he will, you should back him irrespective of alternatives.

But....if you think he's taking us down, he should go now while there is still time for a new manager to possibly turn it around.

Who comes next as manager is a separate question & only comes into play if you answered "no" to the first one.

Put simply, Coyle could lose the next 10 games & you could still wheel out exactly the same argument about no guarantees of success with the alternatives, but by then it would be too late anyway.

• Moderators

I think that it boils down to a simple question......Do you think Coyle will keep us in the premier league or not ?.....if you think he will, you should back him irrespective of alternatives.

But....if you think he's taking us down, he should go now while there is still time for a new manager to possibly turn it around.

Who comes next as manager is a separate question & only comes into play if you answered "no" to the first one.

Put simply, Coyle could lose the next 10 games & you could still wheel out exactly the same argument about no guarantees of success with the alternatives, but by then it would be too late anyway.

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY

Post of the week.

The sad but apparent fact is this: there are very few managers out there who could make things any worse than they are.

10 wins & 2 draws in 12 months isn't good enough.

Thats a more accurate description than theres nobody out there imo. The record is getting so poor we could pick a name at random on here and they would be able to match it at least.

Coyle is a nice bloke but he is the most naive manager ive ever seen. His tactics are so stupid its unreal. The backroom staff need a slap too because surely somebody must of noticed by now that things arent working.

Its got to the point where i have to gee myself up just to go to the match because i know whats coming.

Thats a more accurate description than theres nobody out there imo. The record is getting so poor we could pick a name at random on here and they would be able to match it at least.

Coyle is a nice bloke but he is the most naive manager ive ever seen. His tactics are so stupid its unreal. The backroom staff need a slap too because surely somebody must of noticed by now that things arent working.

Its got to the point where i have to gee myself up just to go to the match because i know whats coming.

Well put, Tyls.

Given the evidence since April* what one earth makes anyone think that OC & his staff can turn this around ? Or would get us back up out of the Champioship ?

Sure he got Burnley up, but the wheels were coming off that particular waggon when he joined us.

* 16 defeats in the last 19 League games, few of them by the odd goal; naive team selections and substitutions; no Plan-B .......

The sad but apparent fact is this: there are very few managers out there who could make things any worse than they are.

10 wins & 2 draws in 12 months isn't good enough.

Not true though, we have 10 wins and 2 draws this year so far but there are still 5 games left. If you look at the last 12 months we have won 12 and have 2 draws which is 38points over 39 games enough for safety 9 times out of ten.

This calender year we are on 32 points from 33 games, 5 games to go and 8 or 9 points required to make it a decent calander year.

IMO OC is still the best man to turn this around, there are better out there but none available or who would come.

5 games to the half way point and I think if we get to 9 or 10 more points then we are OK with signings and injured players to come back in the New Year.

Sack OC after Villa game just to get Kenny Jacket in is not the answer.

Not true though, we have 10 wins and 2 draws this year so far but there are still 5 games left. If you look at the last 12 months we have won 12 and have 2 draws which is 38points over 39 games enough for safety 9 times out of ten.

This calender year we are on 32 points from 33 games, 5 games to go and 8 or 9 points required to make it a decent calander year.

4/12/10 We lost to City: game 1 of the 12 months I referred to.

3/12/11 We lost to Spurs = game 37

Won 10 Drawn 2 Lost 25: Pts 32 = Relegation Form.

Coyle good enough? My arse!

I was in the pro-Coyle camp but reading this last page has got me a-thinking.

I still think there are no decent alternatives out there, but am starting to wonder whether the alternative NEEDS to be better, or just needs to be 'not' Coyle.

Sad, as I like the bloke, but needs must.

I was in the pro-Coyle camp but reading this last page has got me a-thinking.

I still think there are no decent alternatives out there, but am starting to wonder whether the alternative NEEDS to be better, or just needs to be 'not' Coyle.

Sad, as I like the bloke, but needs must.

Coyles biggest asset when he came to the club was that he wasn't Megson.

the one good point

the pub where every round was 12 quid however many drinks you bought

it also had a dj doing requests

as 4 out of 150 we thought better of asking for the wanderer but a good do was had

2nd time in that place now. it was called the Phoenix a few year ago but now called LT's for some strange reason?

Bit of a shit hole, but good music. I had my back against the wall just in case the "The Wanderer" came on!

Based on the fact that Hughes wouldnt come and the next likeliest candiate would no doubt be Ian pissing Dowie!

When a new manager comes in their is often an upturn in form for most clubs, regardless of who comes in. Chuck in 17 defeats out of 20 id be getting shut and getting someone else in. Cant do any worse. We are going down as it stands (we will prob go anyway, i think us and wigan will be cut adrift by the end of February personally).

Spot on that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.