Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chris Foy

ZiggyStardust

• Members

I know we got fucked over by the ref against Spuds last week, but Foy's 'performance' yesterday was Barry Knight'esque.

Blatent penalties turned down, dodgy Stoke goal, harsh red card, it had everything.

Was funny watching twitcher after the game though.

The linesman needs shooting before Foy does. He had the best view of Shawcross' handball and how he thought Adebayor was offside was criminal.

Was watching that, particularly on the first half performance and was wondering how the fuck we beat Stoke 5-0. :blink:

Their fans must still be wondering that too.

i was watching stoke yesterday thinking i fucking hate this lot..and they think they are the bollocks,bullying teams with long ball and agressive football.

and one day it will implode for them when pullis jacks in when he not given the funds he wants for a champions league push and they will end up bottom,go down and never come back.

hang on a minute....that sounds familiar?! :blink:

Apparently Chris Hoy has been gettin all sorts of shit today on Twitter about 'his' reffing yesterday.. the ref was a complete joke but sending abuse to a gold medal cyclist is even more embarrassing

Ha Ha! :D

Anyhow, my Spurs mates were whining about the ref when we played them saying the Cahill sending off was ridiculous etc etc, so their whining isn't just one sided I suppose.

And yes, he was shit, they are right.

• Site Supporter

Listening to radio 5 live on easy to work this morning. They were spouting about how Stoke played one dimension football that was awful to watch. The call had come from a Spurs fan.

Oh to go back to the days where we bullied teams off the pitch and played long ball to Davies . . .

AND FUCKING WON A GAME OUR TWO!

"How the fuck are [stoke] 8th ?"

"When will we ever get luck like Stoke had ?? "

"Oh to go back to the days where we bullied teams off the pitch and played long ball to Davies . . ."

I think the 3rd comment sort of answers the first two questions.

Stoke are 8th becuase they use the players they have to best advantage, especially against the top clubs. Like we used to. (And yes, I know Stoke have spent more money recently).

And we'll get luck like Stoke (well, a bit more than now) when we try to impose on (ok, bully) other teams.

Wussy fanny football in 4-4-2 won't cut it.

I don't think Stoke are "that bad" when they're on it....they use their wide men well and just pressurise. Nowhere near as bad as the likes of Spurs and Arsenal fans would have you believe but that's just sour grapes

They're bloody awful when they're not though

Sounds familiar doesn't it

I don't think Stoke are "that bad" when they're on it....they use their wide men well and just pressurise. Nowhere near as bad as the likes of Spurs and Arsenal fans would have you believe but that's just sour grapes

They're bloody awful when they're not though

Sounds familiar doesn't it

Agreed, we used to get the same dogs abuse from the Arse especially, even when we beat them with nice play. I think they just hate the North :tongue:

"How the fuck are [stoke] 8th ?"

"When will we ever get luck like Stoke had ?? "

"Oh to go back to the days where we bullied teams off the pitch and played long ball to Davies . . ."

I think the 3rd comment sort of answers the first two questions.

Stoke are 8th becuase they use the players they have to best advantage, especially against the top clubs. Like we used to. (And yes, I know Stoke have spent more money recently).

And we'll get luck like Stoke (well, a bit more than now) when we try to impose on (ok, bully) other teams.

Wussy fanny football in 4-4-2 won't cut it.

We didn't need to 'bully' Spurs off the pitch at the Reebok last season, we outplayed them with our 'wussy fanny football', just like we did against Stoke earlier this season.

Stoke were unbelievably lucky yesterday. Their first goal shouldn't have stood, Spurs had a clear penalty turned down and a perfectly good goal disallowed. However they do dig in when they're under pressure, something which we seem incapable of doing.

statto alert:

Sat 14 Nov 1998

Bolton 2 - 2 Tranmere

Michael Johansen (53)Dean Holdsworth (pen 56)Mark Fish (s/o 79)

Kenny Irons (pen 32, pen 67)

That was the game where every single throw happened to be between advertising hoardings.

God, I hate John Aldridge

Foy was badly let down by his assistant on two occasions - particularly the offside. Referees seldom get an offside decision "wrong". They are rarely in a position to make that decision and rely on their assistants. Trust me on this.

That is all.

• Moderators

Never said I was referring to you in my reply to NB, you assumed that... which tells me that you knew you were being a dick.

i assumed you thought i was being a dick

i'm doubtful i'll ever get over it

'knows how to use a forum properly'

my god!