Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

School Fight Rivalries

gonzo

every school has a rival school,it normally kicks off with,either at footy/rugby or on a friday night after school....

ours was warbeck high,talk used to wazz round school every week that they were comming for a boot off on friday and vice versa.then once it happened and started a feud that ended up with an almighty kick off on gala night!

rumours were rife,but i never thought it would happen,but as we all stood around outside the front gates,a big roar went up and they spilling round the corner,they had sticks and all sorts.a couple of our teachers ended up on the floor.it was mental... then it was reprise attack time.we all went down to a football game between our year 10 and their year 10 to show our support!

who was your rival school?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

Used to have estate fights rather than schools. Harwood/Bradshaw, for some reason, used to fight hall i'th Wood over "ownership" of the bridge within Canon Slade grounds.

Edited by MickyD

it was a bit after my time,but schools round here adopted football hooligan style names.

i remember my brothers being involved with the bispham casuals.

other lots were the ICF (Inter cleveleys force) and KOD (fleetwood lot) amongst others!

you can still spot various bits of graffiti around blackpool saying KOD and the rest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.