Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

Does anyone else think he will play again? I hope to god he does but think for health reasons it may be best to call it a day...

Keep Fighting Fab... The club, country and world are with you.

Proud to be a Wanderer

I doubt it. I'd love to see it, but Clive Clarke never did play again following his cardiac arrest when he was 27 - the doctors deemed it just too risky. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423393

Does anyone else think he will play again? I hope to god he does but think for health reasons it may be best to call it a day...

Keep Fighting Fab... The club, country and world are with you.

Proud to be a Wanderer

I'll be thankful if he can feed himself, never mind play.

#alwaysawanderer

I was there to witness that horror on Saturday and I can honestly say I'm staggered, but much more so, elated to hear he's still with us. We'll never know what tiny part the crowd played in this, but it's evident that the brave folk who spend their lives caring for the lives of others have saved Fabrice Muamba's life. It is them we should be thinking of now.

I know she's had stick on here in the past but this is a great piece by Mrs SKD. I think someone said it earlier but I wouldn't want anyone other than SKD as our captain at this time. He will know how to get the players back on track and to use this terrible event to motivate the players to put 120% in to the rest of the season for Fabrice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/emma-davies-my-husbands-teammate-is-part-of-a-family-7578149.html

Excellent piece from Henry Winter.

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9154414/Bolton-Manager-Owen-Coyle-has-shown-inspirational-leadership-during-these-troubled-days.html

great read, owen has delt with the situation as well if not better than anyone could. as much as some question his possition im thankfull we have him with the club he is the rite man to represent our club, our players and us the fans

Excellent piece from Henry Winter.

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9154414/Bolton-Manager-Owen-Coyle-has-shown-inspirational-leadership-during-these-troubled-days.html

Great piece that, enjoyed reading it. Not the first good piece I've read of his tbh.

Worth a follow on twitter to is Henry.

Great article! Its true coyle has shown tremendous leadership in such a differcult time.

Right then, at the risk of flying in the face of public opinion etc...

Coyle has shown his true qualities in recent days. Perhaps that's the kind of role he's best suited to and we can bring somebody else in for the menial trivialities like coaching / tactics and team selections?

Just checked the BBC site and the tears are comin again! Thank you thank you thank you! Lets hope this is the start of a full recovery. Cant make the next game unfortunately but the singing of 'Fab is comin home' is a great shout. Raise the roof lads!

Edited by madthatter

Righto, I'm not one for a song thread, (and this is one for the older generation) but on Sunday I heard the Beach Boys classic "Help me Rhonda" on the radio and the chorus has been going through my head ever since, but with a slight change. If you don't know it, you'll just see alot of repetition but trust me it works.........

Fabrice Muamba, Fabrice Muamba....

Fabrice Muamba, Fabrice Muamba...

Fabrice Muamba...you'll never stop his heart

:thumbsup:

I shall never try this again :D

Right then, at the risk of flying in the face of public opinion etc...

Coyle has shown his true qualities in recent days. Perhaps that's the kind of role he's best suited to and we can bring somebody else in for the menial trivialities like coaching / tactics and team selections?

It's a great article and certainly made me feel proud that Coyle is our manager but I admire your honesty traf there is no shying away he's made mistakes but I think the way he has handled this situation just confirms what we already know he is a leader of men, clubs, communities and can motivate people BUT he needs support and better coaches and more experience to get better I'm happy to see it through I believe he can do it.

As a complete aside what's happening at the Reebok tonight re Fab's?

Half six, a period of quiet reflection. No idea where though.

An opportunity for Bolton Wanderers supporters to attend the Reebok Stadium for quiet reflection and prayer in support of Fabrice Muamba will be offered by the club on Tuesday evening (20 March).

This will take place from 6.30pm through to 9.00pm in the Chairman's Suite.

Club Chaplain Phil Mason said: "It is important for our extended family that we are able come together to offer our prayers and support for Fabrice and his family.

"I will be available throughout the evening should anybody want to have any conversation or share their prayers.

"On behalf of the football club, we would like to thank everybody for the overwhelming support we have received during this difficult time.

"The family continues to be very thankful for all the support and prayers."

http://www.bwfc.co.u...2683481,00.html

I'll be drinking beer in Birmingham

Edited by Gonk