Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Has Chungy Indicated He Doesnt Want To Stay?

Garrp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before, I'm waiting to see what squad we have by season kick-off in August.

So many twists & turns to come this summer, and even more rumours.

"With our track record they likely won't need to spend big to get him" Flannel beat me to that one.

• Site Supporter

cant blame the lad, nice as he seems he came across to progress his career and through a bad injury has found himself out of any limelight..

reckon Eagles would prob want to leave too.. he's jumped ship from a relegated team before.. possibly Pratley (see above)

• Site Supporter

As Ji Sun Park nears the end of his career CYL is set to become the leading Korean footballer.

The Championship simply does not provide an appropriate stage.

But then the difficulty of his lack of match fitness means anyone buying would expect a discount.

Step forward Levante (Europa League), perhaps?

Arse biscuits

He did, and to be fair to him I don't think he was making much (if any) noise about wanting to play in the Prem. Coyle just went back and picked up some of his mates.

you are the better informed in the family then. :)

"Lee Chung-Yong has always been like a son to me. I will explore all the possibilities to sign him." the former Turkey boss told reporters at Incheon Airport, after visiting the Yeosu World Expo to promote his native country.

"I will contact him while I stay in Korea."

Isn't that classed as an ill eagle approach

Other clubs interested ?

Himself being cagey about his plans ?

Not promising for us.

Even more important : 12 months of his contract left ? He has to sign an extension or be sold this summer. No more walking away for (next to) nowt !

Guest Blixa

Other clubs interested ?

Himself being cagey about his plans ?

Not promising for us.

Even more important : 12 months of his contract left ? He has to sign an extension or be sold this summer. No more walking away for (next to) nowt !

Sounds like he wants a break and doesn't want to talk about it. Understandable.

Guest Blixa

The fact that he's had a 'break' in the more literal sense probably the reason why we haven't thrown money at a new contract as yet. No one yet knows whether he'll come back as before. I hope he does, but that will only become clear after he's strung some games together.

By break above, I mean time away from the club to ponder if he wants to play in a lower league. I suspect his agent / money people will want a move. He's probably confused by people going on about it, constantly asking him if he's staying.

Bottom line - he's under contract. Show us the money or go away. If he goes anywhere other than a decent Premier League or La Liga club in the last year of a deal, he's badly advised. That's for sure.