Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough 5 Bolton Wanderers 4

miamiwhite

Would you rather lose 5-4 or 1-0?

In our life, I doubt we'll see Bolton involved in a game with a scoreline like that again.

Well I've never/can remember anything like it,

Read further up the thread (I think it's this one).

Ridiculous comment. 1-0 every time. To concede 5 goals is piss poor, especially against a side like Peterborough.

1-0 sounds preferable and probably is, but 5-4 is better for resolving ties on points, which could be the diference between making or missing play-offs (or between 21st and 22nd).

Edited by MalcolmW

1st half is the worst I have ever seen us, we couldn't have argued if we were 5-0 down at half time. The bunch of shithouses could not have look less bothered and put in less effort if they tried. I was honestly in shock at how easily time after time the Peterborough players were able to create very good chances, they're fucking Peterborough not Chelsea!!

Dougie seems to think that we were much better 2nd half, well we still conceded 3.

It is very apparent now that it is not so much quality and names that you need in this league, I had only heard of 2 of the Peterborough players, but fight and determination from every single player and that is something that we definitely have not got.

I bet secretly most of them were hoping that the game was called off, they clearly didn't want to be travelling down to Peterborough on a cold, wet day just before xmas. I hope Dougie has been keeping a close eye on the body language of all the players and he's identified those that were in this mindset, show them the fucking door Dougie and I don't care if it includes any of our so called "better" players.

1 positive was the determination to impress that was clear from Afobe and Sordell (who?) when they came on. A bit of pace added to the team makes such a difference and you can see the opposition shit their pants when they realise that we actually have another option than to just feed some easy floated balls up to Davies.

Oh and if we get any kind of money offered for Lee in January then he has to be cashed in on for me. He was the worst player on the pitch today and its not the 1st time since he has come back. I've yet to be impressed by him for a full game and I definitely haven't seen him actually beat a man, I'm starting to wonder whether he was ever actually that good? I wouldn't even have him starting for us, never mind be arsed if we sold him.

Was it worse than the 1st half at brighton

Charity boy day out from the players yday. You wouldn't mind if Peterborough played well but just rolling over and dying for them was really frustrating. On a positive note I thought sordell and Afobe looked sharp when they came on and gave us something different up top. Vocal backing was excellent imo again.

since DF has been in I think the only football we have played was in the 2nd half against huddersfield ,about 75 mins against blackburn and 15 mins against cardiff

I was warned by a palace fan that the football would be shite for the rest of the season

I wasnt there but if andrews job is to protect the back 4 it doesnt seem to be working

Positives: I was sat about 6 rows behind Frank. Not sure what he was shouting at Petrov when warming up but either the words or, the sight of a large chap with no shirt on and a "santa is a wanderer" hat, seemed to inspire him. Get Frank on the coaching staff :thumbsup:

Hopefully Posh will stay up so we get another trip next year.

Negatives: Have been covered already. Its going to be a long season with a big goals against column.