Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gay Weddings

Carlos

i'd prefer not to have gay weddings in churches

i've no wish to justify my position, it's just how it is

no problem with gays, just think marriage should be for normal folks

I reckon I was of the same thinking once upon a time.

Until I thunk about it.

And when I thunked about it I couldnt find a sensible reason why I didn't like it other than the thought of men kissing turns my stomach, which it does and I'm not afraid to admit it.

That's not enough reason to stop gays marrying because they're already shagging so why not? What's the problem?

• Moderators

I reckon I was of the same thinking once upon a time.

Until I thunk about it.

And when I thunked about it I couldnt find a sensible reason why I didn't like it other than the thought of men kissing turns my stomach, which it does and I'm not afraid to admit it.

That's not enough reason to stop gays marrying because they're already shagging so why not? What's the problem?

dunno :)

I'm just a little worried it may upset our Muslim neighbours, with their beliefs and all that. I hope they just come to terms with it and possibly spread the world a message that being a faggot is not as bad as being a bit bigoted against people who like their back doors being shoved open. I understand there's differing rules for all religions so I'm just summarising really :)

I'm just a little worried it may upset our Muslim neighbours, with their beliefs and all that. I hope they just come to terms with it and possibly spread the world a message that being a faggot is not as bad as being a bit bigoted against people who like their back doors being shoved open. I understand there's differing rules for all religions so I'm just summarising really :)

It it upsets the our Muslim neighbours. I'm in... maybe then they will fuck off somewhere else

• Moderators

i'd prefer not to have gay weddings in churches

i've no wish to justify my position, it's just how it is

no problem with gays, just think marriage should be for normal folks

I reckon Churches would secretly welcome the business

as for marriage for normal folks, it means nowt these days anyway other than a party and a few legal rights - which I think the gays are just as entitled to as much as anyone else

no problem here

• Members

Pointless commenting to be shouted down by the 'moral majority' so I won't bother. None of you will ever change my views on this subject and I would not want to change yours.

I have one question though. Any truth in the rumour that the gay ceremony will differ from the traditional heterosexual one in two areas (reported down here this morning)?

• Adultery will not be grounds for divorce
  • Non consummation will not be grounds for divorce

I ask this only because the campaign to add further legitimacy to what I consider to be something which is against the laws of nature has consistently trumpeted 'equality'. These changes would, clearly, make the two types of marriage unequal.

Any truth in it or just sensationalist bunkum?