Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Blackburn 0

miamiwhite

Right,I'm doing a BOGOFF offer,re our lower in the table hillybilly neighbours.

1ST OPTION IS BEFORE WE DRUB BARNSLEY TOMORROW

2nd option is before we get walloped by the tykes tomorrow.

Regardless of the immaterial 90 minutes of pure bullshit and dire entertainment,barring injuries i'm going for the same side for the 3rd game running(except the tickets that aren't sold and payers who get injured and are sidelined for the rest of their contracts)

Anyway,75,000 pack the Reebok and see us drub our inbred Jethro Bodines 7-0,with Frank Worthington getting the only goal before Noel 'you're just a bald headed bastard' Brotherston croaks it on the pitch.

Oh,the phantom coach (for the older posters),is stopped on the A666,with 200 blackburn NF members and 1 ex Foreign Legion member arrested(fucking wankers) armed with cricket bats,ping pong bats and one eyed fat 6 fingered bats

Yeah but come on. They were brilliant at singing "Wanky, Wanky Wanderers" from the safe distance of the Embankment.

It gave them a break from their midweek habits of nose-picking, starting blankly in to space and hero-worshipping Simon Garrrrrrner.

I believe they are on the electric and even have colour TV these days.

Right,I'm doing a BOGOFF offer,re our lower in the table hillybilly neighbours.

1ST OPTION IS BEFORE WE DRUB BARNSLEY TOMORROW

2nd option is before we get walloped by the tykes tomorrow.

Regardless of the immaterial 90 minutes of pure bullshit and dire entertainment,barring injuries i'm going for the same side for the 3rd game running(except the tickets that aren't sold and payers who get injured and are sidelined for the rest of their contracts)

Anyway,75,000 pack the Reebok and see us drub our inbred Jethro Bodines 7-0,with Frank Worthington getting the only goal before Noel 'you're just a bald headed bastard' Brotherston croaks it on the pitch.

Oh,the phantom coach (for the older posters),is stopped on the A666,with 200 blackburn NF members and 1 ex Foreign Legion member arrested(fucking wankers) armed with cricket bats,ping pong bats and one eyed fat 6 fingered bats

trying too hard

Yeah but come on. They were brilliant at singing "Wanky, Wanky Wanderers" from the safe distance of the Embankment.

It gave them a break from their midweek habits of nose-picking, starting blankly in to space and hero-worshipping Simon Garrrrrrner.

I believe they are on the electric and even have colour TV these days.

They were good at singing that Paul in the embankment until we infiltrated their section circa 81/82 then 82/83. Their banjo and drums went remarkably quiet then didn't they ?

Never seen so many ''lads'' scatter so quickly from so few Bolton. Do you remember that one pal ?

Edited by miamiwhite

They were good at singing that Paul in the embankment until we infiltrated their section circa 81/82 then 82/83. Their banjo and drums went remarkably quiet then didn't they ?

Never seen so many ''lads'' scatter so quickly from so few Bolton. Do you remember that one pal ?

I remember seeing some of it from the Manny Road North Stand, yes. From memory they had Blackburn in the bigger part of the Embankment next to the Manny Road North. Away fans were usually in the smaller bit of segreated terracing next to the Burnden Paddock.

Pretty young at the time and was with my Dad. Lad turned round from the terrace and asked him what had been going on in the match while he'd been pre-occupied near the dividing fence with the Embankment. Dad told him "If you'd been watching the fucking football you'd know".

He took a dim view of terrace antics!

I remember seeing some of it from the Manny Road North Stand, yes. From memory they had Blackburn in the bigger part of the Embankment next to the Manny Road North. Away fans were usually in the smaller bit of segreated terracing next to the Burnden Paddock.

Pretty young at the time and was with my Dad. Lad turned round from the terrace and asked him what had been going on in the match while he'd been pre-occupied near the dividing fence with the Embankment. Dad told him "If you'd been watching the fucking football you'd know".

He took a dim view of terrace antics!

i'd just graduated from the academy to the junior fringes of football violence and got the invite to join the older boys in their mission. think it was half time when we were finally sussed in their end,as they counted our fingers and realised something was seriously amiss. The first year,there must have been less than 30/40 of us in the bigger section of the embankment which was allocated to Blackburn,but yet the gap that opened when the trouble started was bigger than a Dutch pro's kipper ! We thought we were in serious trouble,but stood our ground very well indeed and Blackburn backed off big time. No doubt with half of the paddock and Manny Road north trying to scale the fences and assist us,made the inbreds think twice.

The following year,think it was New year's Day 82/83,there must have been 200 of us in their section,which again was the bigger part of the Embankment. We stayed there for the entire duration,unscathed except for one or two brief skirmishes.

I remember that second game loads better. I think the first one was 2-2 (81/2). All I really remember about that was the abuse pouring from the Manny Road for Noel Brotherston.

The second one, Bolton won 1-0, Tony Henry scored from a free-kick.

I remember the Manny Road North trying to scale the fences and the Paddock chanting "Manny Road, Manny Road". Thought that was 82/3 but I'm obviously wrong.

The occupants of the Manny Road North terrace were always an odd mixture of lads trying the best they could to dress as casuals, blokes with mohicans and leather wearing bikers.

I remember a mate of mine ( rovers fan) saying they did bolton outside i said you got done in your own end away from home by about 30 bolton you daft cunt. How many times did you ever see that respect to you miami made a young darwen white very happy that day.

I remember that second game loads better. I think the first one was 2-2 (81/2). All I really remember about that was the abuse pouring from the Manny Road for Noel Brotherston.

The second one, Bolton won 1-0, Tony Henry scored from a free-kick.

I remember the Manny Road North trying to scale the fences and the Paddock chanting "Manny Road, Manny Road". Thought that was 82/3 but I'm obviously wrong.

The occupants of the Manny Road North terrace were always an odd mixture of lads trying the best they could to dress as casuals, blokes with mohicans and leather wearing bikers.

i think you're right on both occasions paul.

the manny road north were trying to scale the fences during both games,evidently more so during the 81/82 game as we were vastly outnumbered and only youngsters but still never moved an inch except forwards towards thier lot. remarkably,none of us took a kicking and received the honourable ovation of ''Bolton aggro,Bolton aggro allo allo'' from all corners of Burnden Park which had half a million on that day. Nothing to be proud of now,but as a kid,what a buzz that was. We got a bigger round of applause than Reidy,Paul Jones,John thomas etc

The ''oh wanky,wanky'' chants weren't heard again even at Ewood as we took complete control of that shithole on every visit from then to this present day

I remember a mate of mine ( rovers fan) saying they did bolton outside i said you got done in your own end away from home by about 30 bolton you daft cunt. How many times did you ever see that respect to you miami made a young darwen white very happy that day.

Glad to be of assistance Darrener

If your mate wants to argue the toss,feel free to give him my number mate :thumbsup:

They've just been dicked and are usually week up for this game

We're high on confidence but can't defend for shit

3-3

Dawson hattrick

4-2

the players seem to be enjoying playing away where the support has been absolutely outstanding.

that needs to be transferred to the Reebok starting on tuesday. If we can't raise the roof against the drum banging banjo players then we don't deserve the 3 points.

The feelgood factor is definitely coming back,keep it up chaps

They are in poor form got a big cup game Saturday. We are improving and need to win this.

Win this and get three points Saturday and there will be tams above us worried.

Mboro are dropping, despite a win yesterday. Brighton are up there with us in terms of form so Saturday is massive.