Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Davies

tomski

you're not wrong. Thinking SKD was daft and naive to go on talksport isn't anti him, or pro Darkslime. It's just an opinion.

An opinion? Yes

But also true

Both radio interviews were transparent attempts by talkshite to stir up (anti- Bolton) controversy. Testimonialgate was simply shit stirring by a gutter radio station & i thought that Mr Gartside in particular, dealt with them very well.

I'd guess that anyone claiming to be upset by anything in those interviews would already have been pursuing either an anti-Kevin Davies or an anti-Gartside agenda. Everyone else should treat talkshite with contempt & continue to support SKD & the club.

I agree. I heard Durham's interview with Gartside and he was being blatantly inflammatory and using half baked quotes to make BWFC look bad. Fair play to PG for keeping his cool and sticking to the facts.

you're not wrong. Thinking SKD was daft and naive to go on talksport isn't anti him, or pro Darkslime. It's just an opinion.

think i said similar about 9568 pages back on this thread.

skd went on the show and got taken down a path by an interviewer who is paid to stir shit up so people listen to the station which drives advertising and therefore pays his wages

imagine he went on there to put his name in the shop window before loan window shut, it has not worked for him.

that does not undermine how much he has contributed in last 10 years here, in another 10 years it will be his on pitch contribution that will be remembered not a 10 minute interview and his wifes inane ramblings on twitter.

Guest Blixa

Which all prompts the questions: why did Kevin Davies think it was a good idea to go on and did the club give permission for Davies to do he interview? Would have thought something like this would have been run by the club.

If not, the club needs to review its policy when players deal with the media.

• Moderators

that does not undermine how much he has contributed in last 10 years here, in another 10 years it will be his on pitch contribution that will be remembered not a 10 minute interview and his wifes inane ramblings on twitter.

Hope so, suspect not though

think i said similar about 9568 pages back on this thread.

skd went on the show and got taken down a path by an interviewer who is paid to stir shit up so people listen to the station which drives advertising and therefore pays his wages

imagine he went on there to put his name in the shop window before loan window shut, it has not worked for him.

I'll remember him for being a legend.

I hope everyone else does.

Guest Blixa

Not a legend for me, that status is reserved strictly for Lofthouse.

Well respected and a great for us when the dust has settled.

Guest Blixa

So clubs now have one 'legend' top trumps will be devastated.

Skd does not compare to lofthouse

The word legend has been downgraded as much as the word 'celebrity' these days. Lofthouse was player, manager, cup winner, president, icon and heart and soul of the club. He was a legend. Times might have changed, but he lived and breathed the club, taking a lead throughout his time when times for the club were tough - that's what makes you a legend.

Davies will be fondly remembered as a club great when he was hung up his boots - and rightly so. But in 5 or 10 years time, I don't think we will be talking legend. I think that requires just a bit more from a player.

Just an opinion mind.

The word legend has been downgraded as much as the word 'celebrity' these days. Lofthouse was player, manager, cup winner, president, icon and heart and soul of the club. He was a legend. Times might have changed, but he lived and breathed the club, taking a lead throughout his time when times for the club were tough - that's what makes you a legend.

Davies will be fondly remembered as a club great when he was hung up his boots - and rightly so. But in 5 or 10 years time, I don't think we will be talking legend. I think that requires just a bit more from a player.

Just an opinion mind.

Agree with that definition of legend and great, KD is a great.