Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich 1 Bolton 0

L/H White

Fuck my old shoes, they're all out tonight!

Sack the manager because he changed the team?

Six or seven managers a season with that philosophy.

Changed the team? Its a managers job to change the team. This guy has tinkered constantly and unfortunately more often than not it has not worked, no system, no organization, players not knowing what's expected to them, no sign of it getting better. We have not beaten anybody higher than 14th! We are a joke, a push over, an embarrassment. Wasn't he supposed to at least make us hard to beat?

why should he not be sacked?

My opinion is that we have some overpaid deadwood plagueing our club and DF is in the middle of sorting it.

I believe his objectives are to take a another big chunk out of the wage bill, bring a few quality youngsters through (at the right time) and make us defensively tough.

We saw last season that he was on the right track but some key losses (Dawson, Alonso) and injuries (Tierney, MDavies, Holden) have made life difficult.

At the moment it is all happening too slowly because the players can't be moved on and it is not the right time to play too many youngsters.

Admittedly some of his signings are still finding their feet but I have hopes that Beckford, Hall and Baptiste will be ok once the team is settled. 

Results are currently awful and I can understand some of the criticism but there is no guarantee that a new manager would do any better (look at Saunders last season at Wolves).

However, if given time I think he will achieve his objectives at BWFC and prove to be a good manager so I say stick with him.

Changed the team? Its a managers job to change the team. This guy has tinkered constantly and unfortunately more often than not it has not worked, no system, no organization, players not knowing what's expected to them, no sign of it getting better. We have not beaten anybody higher than 14th! We are a joke, a push over, an embarrassment. Wasn't he supposed to at least make us hard to beat?

The poster was talking about his changes for the Blackpool game at the end of last season after we had been on a run of seven home wins on the bounce!!

DF admitted he got the team wrong on the day but to suggest he should have been removed after narrowly missing a play off spot is bollocks.

You are talking about team changes this season which is a totally different matter altogether.

• Site Supporter

My opinion is that we have some overpaid deadwood plagueing our club and DF is in the middle of sorting it.

I believe his objectives are to take a another big chunk out of the wage bill, bring a few quality youngsters through (at the right time) and make us defensively tough.

We saw last season that he was on the right track but some key losses (Dawson, Alonso) and injuries (Tierney, MDavies, Holden) have made life difficult.

At the moment it is all happening too slowly because the players can't be moved on and it is not the right time to play too many youngsters.

Admittedly some of his signings are still finding their feet but I have hopes that Beckford, Hall and Baptiste will be ok once the team is settled.

Results are currently awful and I can understand some of the criticism but there is no guarantee that a new manager would do any better (look at Saunders last season at Wolves).

However, if given time I think he will achieve his objectives at BWFC and prove to be a good manager so I say stick with him.

Another good post which explains why I'm still on the fence

Farrelli's post would be good IF:

DF had signed some quality players and it was just the deadwood needing to move on before we can start to compete

DF had any idea on what tactics he should use

DF didn't keep on pissing off the better players when they make one mistake

DF had not made ZK captain when he doesn't give two fucks for BWFC and is one of the deadwood

DF had brought cover in the areas of concern rather than bolstering the only area of the pitch we have players in abundance

DF had not brought in an reserve CF and sent out on loan our only other fit CF who is better than the guy he has replaced him with

DF had not brought in a management team who are almost asleep on the bench and don't appear to have a clue what's going on

We had not had the worst start of a season for over 100 years and experienced our worst defeat in over 30 years

There is too much wrong and its not just the fucking deadwood; and before anybody goes on about last years run we were shit then

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter

Why don't you come to your senses?

You've been out riding fences for so long now.

Because I honestly don't know. My philosophy about management is one of progression, time, setting foundations and sustainability and I have seen parts of DFs management style I like. However the current situation is shocking and he has to take some blame for it. How much is debatable as there are so many other negative factors that he and any subsequent manager would have to face. To be on the fence is a fairly rational place to be taking out all the emotion of blaming every defeat on the manager.

• Moderators

I believe his objectives are to take a another big chunk out of the wage bill, bring a few quality youngsters through (at the right time) and make us defensively tough.

We saw last season that he was on the right track but some key losses (Dawson, Alonso) and injuries (Tierney, MDavies, Holden) have made life difficult.

At the moment it is all happening too slowly because the players can't be moved on and it is not the right time to play too many youngsters.

Results are currently awful and I can understand some of the criticism but there is no guarantee that a new manager would do any better (look at Saunders last season at Wolves).

i'll vote for you

deferred gratification works for me cos i'm not fcuking 12

Because I honestly don't know. My philosophy about management is one of progression, time, setting foundations and sustainability and I have seen parts of DFs management style I like. However the current situation is shocking and he has to take some blame for it. How much is debatable as there are so many other negative factors that he and any subsequent manager would have to face. To be on the fence is a fairly rational place to be taking out all the emotion of blaming every defeat on the manager.

You're a hard one but I know that you've got your reasons.

snoop is on the other side of the atlantic, however we can kidnap his brother this side and torture him as replacement

Torture me for what? For having a different opinion than most on this site?

Others have the same thoughts as me, it's just that they've given up trying to explain their reasons to people who don't (want to) understand.