Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

What should we do then that isn't already being done?

Collectively accept the problem exists would be a start and stop pandering to their whims, and have an honest open dialogue with all parties concerned.

It happened with the good Friday agreement so why not give it a chance instead or leftist supporting terrorism, rightist bombing mosques, and politicians profiteering from it.

In quite the atheist but that's one of the most horrific notions I've read on here.

There's sommat on the BBC website at the moment about when earth was one giant snowball 7 50 million years ago, and how slowly but surely life formed from within due to volcanic activity and the like.

I was reading it and thinking "folk actually believe God created man, dumb fools" so the idea of religion and all that goes with it is actually one bug fuck off fairy tale.

Really? It was mildly tongue in cheek but I am sick of reading the shit that is spouted in the name of religion.

Likewise I'm sick of the nonsense that's often spouted in these debates.

Stuff that's never going to happen and sounds ace during a rant with your mates in the boozer. I've said it all myself.

I just thought we might be a bit above all that malarkey on here.

All the same old cliches are driven out time after time with no end product and if you dare question any such hysterical impossible courses of action you are lambasted as handwringing libral with your head in the sand.

Some of you should get a job at MI6 or with the CIA. Your ideas on how to prevent terror are quite simply revolutionary.

• Moderators

Likewise I'm sick of the nonsense that's often spouted in these debates.

Stuff that's never going to happen and sounds ace during a rant with your mates in the boozer. I've said it all myself.

I just thought we might be a bit above all that malarkey on here.

All the same old cliches are driven out time after time with no end product and if you dare question any such hysterical impossible courses of action you are lambasted as handwringing libral with your head in the sand.

Some of you should get a job at MI6 or with the CIA. Your ideas on how to prevent terror are quite simply revolutionary.

Bed wetter

Really? It was mildly tongue in cheek but I am sick of reading the shit that is spouted in the name of religion.

I think education is better than banning. That sounds fascist to me and the type of notion to create a bigger bloodbath than there is currently. It truly is a terrible thought.

What would the penalty be for those that break the ban?

Carpet bombing with nukes is as daft as pretending there isn't a problem on the doorstep.

There is a sensible medium provided people are prepared to use their brains.

This applies to all hot topics in the political spectrum.

the labour/libdems supporters and those further left say one thing, the tories and those further right say another.

when in reality the best solution lies in the grey area in the middle taking a bit from column A and a little from column B.

Is there a problem in the western world with radicalised islam causing threats to our safety? Yes.

Is bombing the middle east into next millennium going to sort it? No.

It's a very tricky situation with many many individual causes and problems that need their own solutions. There is no grand overarching plan than can fix the problem with IS/Al-Quaeda etc etc.

The end to this is a long long way away and there's very little folks like us can do to affect the situation other than not feeding into what IS wants and creating more hysteria and hatred towards the muslamics we meet in our lives.

They want us to hate them, they want us to then direct that hatred towards other muslims as this will help drive them to support the IS cause.

The fact that in all the years since 9/11 there's been 3 or so extremist muslims attacks shows me the security forces in this country are doing a good job.

I think education is better than banning. That sounds fascist to me and the type of notion to create a bigger bloodbath than there is currently. It truly is a terrible thought.

What would the penalty be for those that break the ban?

As I said, it was mildly tongue in cheek. This is after reading the last 24 hours that a pastor in America thinks rape can be a wonderful thing if a baby is born from it, women posting on a website how sad they are at being forced to cover in public and at yesterday prayers the top boys in Iran recreeing that women should not be allowed to sing solo in public. Then theres a Scottish MP demanding creationism be taught in school. Oh and the small matter of a religious school in England that is still allowed to remain open even after the people running it after it was found £3 million of funds given by the government was sent to Pakistan rather than spend on the school.

I'm struggling to find any positives in religion at present.

• Moderators

That's only because they dont report the good stuff

Don't get me wrong, its not for me but plenty folk live good lives and do good shit by it, so crack on

Some don't and they spoil it for everyone else

Edited by ZicoKelly

Aye - we should definitely prove we are above such barbarism by dropping a nuclear bomb - wiping out Isis and any innocent men, women and children within a 30 mile radius. Cretin! I've heard a few people banding about an atomic weopon, and it would instantly make us 100 times as evil as these deranged fuckers.

Ok what would you do? What is your answer to stop these fucking lunatics wanting the world to live back in the stoneage?  Innocent children?  These kids are growing up seeing people beheaded on a daily basis, all they are is trainee jihadis.  I'll say it again, nuke the fucking lot of them

I'll say it again, nuke the fucking lot of them

Out of interest, where do you suggest we start the nuking?

Should we start at Turkey and work our way across and then stop when we get to China? - or would you prefer something a bit more tactical

Out of interest, where do you suggest we start the nuking?

Should we start at Turkey and work our way across and then stop when we get to China? - or would you prefer something a bit more tactical

Ok smartarse.  Lets see in 20-30 years when our granddaughters are growing up wearing burkhas.  Which is what will happen if nothing is done

Nice one.

Stick that with let's nuke the cunts and send the buggers back.

Gonzo...I love you fella and known you for a long time...

But your talking out your arse fella.

And religion is the cause of most wars...its a load of mumbo jumbo..

Edited by Bobcat