Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Breaking News Its Lennon

Mounts Kipper

Everyone's spunking without a ball being kicked, I'm gonna sit on the fence and fingers crossed your all right, but I'm not gonna get giddy just yet. I didn't want him, Hughton was my choice with Gartside saying he wanted a manager with championship experience, that's why I was shocked, he's untested and doesn't have the knowledge that Hughton has. For me he is one huge gamble by Gartside, huge.

The appointments of Coyle and Freedman were very much applauded by the majority of fans at the time.

I don't know about very much applauded. Applauded yes, but with the underlying feeling that we had done it "on the cheap" in terms of ambition, not money and were just hoping for the best.

In Lennons case my feeling is that we have pushed the boat out and finally realised that it's shit or bust now. I really think we are  on the up again now and it's the best appointment since FSA.

• Site Supporter

Everyone's spunking without a ball being kicked, I'm gonna sit on the fence and fingers crossed your all right, but I'm not gonna get giddy just yet. I didn't want him, Hughton was my choice with Gartside saying he wanted a manager with championship experience, that's why I was shocked, he's untested and doesn't have the knowledge that Hughton has. For me he is one huge gamble by Gartside, huge.

You're right of course, but it's hard not to get carried away after the dismal performances of late. Positivity is what we need at the moment though, so I'll be backing Neil Lennon as though he's the new messiah.

Lennon said he wanted the job & just had to convince phil & Mr Davies, Yeh he's no championship experience but maybe he's got something in his locker to persuade them that the others haven't got

Edited by Ands1

• Site Supporter

I don't know about very much applauded. Applauded yes, but with the underlying feeling that we had done it "on the cheap" in terms of ambition, not money and were just hoping for the best.

In Lennons case my feeling is that we have pushed the boat out and finally realised that it's shit or bust now. I really think we are  on the up again now and it's the best appointment since FSA.

Your final sentence is all that matters. COYWM.

Thinly veiled i am rangers not celtic :D 

He sounds like the real deal, and as I said before the effect it's having on Bolton fans in general means it's already successful in a way.

Only one small issue in that we have a shit team without a real strike force.

Sorry to put a negative on that! Maybe it's a quick realism check instead. This man is bound to improve then initially, but we've a good way to go until he can correct some of the structural errors in our team.

Patience is required in a big way.

Edited by Plums

“I came from a great club with a great history at Celtic and I’ve walked into another one here,” he said. “Everyone is hurting here. I just see Bolton now – my whole focus, my whole life – I will live, breathe and drink Bolton now."

Love it. Just like all of us...

Dougie was always quick to point out that he had a life outside of football and that he could switch off when he left the stadium. This bloke won't and that's what makes me think he's going to be a huge success, he's the type of manager we've been desperately looking for since Allardyce.

“I came from a great club with a great history at Celtic and I’ve walked into another one here,” he said. “Everyone is hurting here. I just see Bolton now – my whole focus, my whole life – I will live, breathe and drink Bolton now."

I hope that's true

He'll be gone on to better things in 18 months if it is!

• Moderators

i'm finsished with bolton

never been so let down

that was only 2 days ago

you'll be wearing green n white by friday, fffs

toys+out+pram.jpg