Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Breaking News Its Lennon

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

You can't be serious? Have you been following the threads? Nothing left to say other than very happy to be proved hopelessly wrong.

No I haven't been following the threads. Could you give at least 1 reason why you're disappointed?

• Site Supporter

So you keep saying.

If you can't understand the simple correlation between finances & what you're watching....

Tbh, I can't be arsed explaining.

And another lacking the ability to explain. Fucking bizarre.

• Site Supporter

Anyone worried about the ins-and-outs of the finances is watching the wrong sport (questioning how we can afford a new manager, ffs?). What do you want? A Russian Oligarch to buy the club and invest billions? I'll keep watching Bolton win, lose, or draw - regardless of what league we're in, because I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan - not an investor hoping for a big return on my ticket fee. I just don't get it. Obviously, I want to see us win every game, but I'm a fan because it's in my blood not because I expect something back.

Edited by Cheese

I will try and explain my concerns. As I understand it Bolton Wanderers are extremely close to breaching the Financial Fair Play regulations. The consequences i believe involve a 12 month transfer embargo and a 15 point deduction. As ardent a Wanderers fan as I am I cannot see us finishing 16 points above the team in the third relegation spot come next May - so work it out.

If Eddie Davies and Gartside have come up with a magic wand or better still  a structured plan to finance Lennon plus his staff whilst also paying off Dougie and his entourage then fantastic. I do not expect to be privileged to the details but I am puzzled where the money is coming from. Perhaps there are plans to sell Mark Davies or whomever in January I don't know but I do care.

The current ills at the club are mostly down to finance resulting in the need to reduce the wage bill replacing the better players with Championship jobbers. No funds to secure a permanent deal for the likes of the Juke and the continued use of loanees are testimony to the position DF found himself in and NL has now inherited. Of course I would love some billionaire to come in and sort it but it aint happening.

I am not a shareholder but a very long standing season ticket holder and will remain so whatever division we find ourselves but I care deeply about our club and do not want to see it go under.   

• Members

No I haven't been following the threads. Could you give at least 1 reason why you're disappointed?

Look Firthy, your time might be better spent reading the rape laws than contemplating this issue.

Now Neil Lennon has been appointed, any true BWFC fan should have no interest in raking up all that shit again because what we all (should) want is success for BWFC above anything else in football. If he delivers this, what more could we ask of the man? I would actually like to sit down with the man and talk and give him the chance to dispel anything that is myth. Won't happen, obviously. Andy Murray missed that opportunity too  :D

David Jack - you may be reet but I suspect that we would agree on some stuff as long as religion and politics are kept out of it. I'd have a pint with any Bolton fan any time, irrespective of whether they are also a right wing atheist or not.

I think and hope it's an incredible appointment.

After the stale shite served up over the last 2 years there must be a upswing performance wise.

One of the things is not to overcomplicate things like Dougie did (and it looks like LVG does for scum) play your game unless they are fecking Barcelona.

Lennon did pick up some bargains and sold them on at Celtic he also bought Samaras :wtf:

It seems like a win or bust move on PG's part if it doesn't work out then sod it go in to admin ED takes the hit (if he is still here) and probably a decade bouncing round the lower leagues. Lot of punters feck off but we keep a core that can make an atmosphere. Note this is a worse case scenario I hope Lennon works out and no manager is appointed to fail

I will try and explain my concerns. As I understand it Bolton Wanderers are extremely close to breaching the Financial Fair Play regulations. The consequences i believe involve a 12 month transfer embargo and a 15 point deduction. As ardent a Wanderers fan as I am I cannot see us finishing 16 points above the team in the third relegation spot come next May - so work it out.

If Eddie Davies and Gartside have come up with a magic wand or better still a structured plan to finance Lennon plus his staff whilst also paying off Dougie and his entourage then fantastic. I do not expect to be privileged to the details but I am puzzled where the money is coming from. Perhaps there are plans to sell Mark Davies or whomever in January I don't know but I do care.

The current ills at the club are mostly down to finance resulting in the need to reduce the wage bill replacing the better players with Championship jobbers. No funds to secure a permanent deal for the likes of the Juke and the continued use of loanees are testimony to the position DF found himself in and NL has now inherited. Of course I would love some billionaire to come in and sort it but it aint happening.

I am not a shareholder but a very long standing season ticket holder and will remain so whatever division we find ourselves but I care deeply about our club and do not want to see it go under.

There is no points deduction for failing ffp.

• Site Supporter

football world is looking on in amazement " How the feck have Bolton got Lennon!!" (on of a few texts/messages I've had).

meanwhile Bolton fans are kicking off due to his background...

PG and ED have done everything they possibly can to appease the fans, which i'm happy with..

Didn't want to sack DF, they did due to fan pressure

appointed a Premiership level manager.. and we weren't overwhelmed with applicants from decent managers..I doubt very much he's on the same we paid freedman...

Given him a transfer kitty ! (albeit small, when the books show we don't have anything ED is dipping into finances again)

Got him in a week before the next match so he can make an impression

As long as he doesn't buy a midfielder i'm happy..and hopefully sack off some of Freedmans "panic buys" and "emergency loans"

Guest pansyroadwhite

Anyone worried about the ins-and-outs of the finances is watching the wrong sport (questioning how we can afford a new manager, ffs?). What do you want? A Russian Oligarch to buy the club and invest billions? I'll keep watching Bolton win, lose, or draw - regardless of what league we're in, because I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan - not an investor hoping for a big return on my ticket fee. I just don't get it. Obviously, I want to see us win every game, but I'm a fan because it's in my blood not because I expect something back.

this