Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bbc Gmr 6Pm

Mounts Kipper

Me neither - he's always seemed supportive of all the North West sides. Seems like the kind of bloke who would gladly have a pint and a matter about football with you if you bumped in to him. Of all the people you could hate, surely you can't hate Jimmy?

Maybe having him falling into a pit of fire was harsh! But as a football broadcaster i find him quite ignorant of not just us, but all the other local teams bar the 2 Manchester clubs. I dont listen to GMR aside of when it involves us, so i cant comment on his other broadcasts, but he really isnt my cup of tea.  

I was very impressed with Lennon's interview on GMR. Just little things like having the under 21's training with the first team and staying over in the hotel prior to the league game and he did mention that he intends to play 2 strikers up front when playing at home. I'm glad he's already watched some of our games on DVD already, I mean he could have not bothered and instead had a game of ping pong letting the players wear their woolly hats.

I'm hoping our purse strings are going to opened a little to help him do the job that's the one thing that didn't help Freedman and the only one he could really gripe about. Lennon said he bought Wanyama for 800k and sold him for 12 million 2-3 signings like that will do nicely.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I suspect that one of the reasons he got the job is his enthusiasm which is just what the club needs right now.

He's definitely a man manager rather than a coach. It was interesting to hear that he doesn't have much involvement with the team until just before the game, shades of Martin O'Neill there.

It was encouraging to hear him say that he hasn't even asked about a transfer budget because he believes he can improve the players that we've got, including those who aren't yet in the first team. Obviously every manager thinks they can improve players but his coaching team have a track record of doing it at Celtic.

Feel really buoyed (bhoyed?) up after listening to that. Enthusiasm, passion, humour, respect for and knowledge of our traditions. What more could you ask for? So nice not to be hearing all the stuff we have been for the past two years ('we have to remember where we are', 'some of these guys don't want to be here' etc etc). And massive fair play to him for agreeing to do an hour long phone in on day 1.

P.S. Lay off Jimmy Wagg. I like the guy. Knows far more about football history than rugby Jack.

Another pro - Jimmy Wagg vote here

He's always been pro-Bolton and he gave me a trophy when I was a kid, so he'll do fer me

I've listened to Jimmy Wagg on many a Sunday when he is with his brother-in-law, Eamonn O'Neal.

Met each of them once - Jimmy at the post-match promotion bash in Cardiff (he was propping a wall up with Alan Gowling), and Eamonn on a train to London when we were both on business trips.

the one who suggested lennon should get thompson in made me chuckle

should the show producer not do some filtering?

If there had been filtering, the silly fucking cow who couldn't read wouldn't have been on twatter feed duty.

• Moderators

If there had been filtering, the silly fucking cow who couldn't read wouldn't have been on twatter feed duty.

haha

proper amateurish

dunno if you saw radlinski reading that wiggin statement yesterday

i'm sure i could see him running his finger under the words