Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
8 hours ago, tomski said:

Simeone is the best manager on the planet. 

Real and Man City in different stratospheres to Atleti.

The fact Atleti are considered poor shows how well he’s done to get them in and around the big table regularly.

They don’t play as defensively as they did against Man City. See the round before against weaker opposition

Better than Klopp or Pep?

Really?

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Crikey. 
How’s he doing this year 😁

Better than what Klopp would be doing if he’d given Dortmund 11+ years as that’s probably a good gauge of what Simeone has achieved.

The other 2 are great managers. No question. I just don’t think they could win with Atletico as much as he does. I think Simeone is more likely to fill their shoes better than vice versa.

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I like you Thomas. I like Simeone, I really do and I know it’s all opinions but this is mental. 😂

Haha each to their own mate. Been called worse than a mentalist. 

As stated above he’s moved that club to another level and I think when he goes they will soon disappear back to where they were before. I hope not as someone who’s always liked them growing up.

He controls that club top to bottom in a way that Clough and Taggart were admired for in yester year. 

Id love a manager where players and fans would run through walls for (FYI I’d run through a soft play wall for Evatt currently, going in right direction) 

Nothing short of remarkable the job he’s done there.

48 minutes ago, tomski said:

Haha each to their own mate. Been called worse than a mentalist. 

As stated above he’s moved that club to another level and I think when he goes they will soon disappear back to where they were before. I hope not as someone who’s always liked them growing up.

He controls that club top to bottom in a way that Clough and Taggart were admired for in yester year. 

Id love a manager where players and fans would run through walls for (FYI I’d run through a soft play wall for Evatt currently, going in right direction) 

Nothing short of remarkable the job he’s done there.

Everything thing you've described there is Pep and Klopp tbf.

Citys pressing last night was like a team possessed. Everyone one of them would run through brick walls for him. His philosophy is ingrained throughout the club.

Exaclty the same with Klopp. He turns standard players in to world superstarts.

Think you underestimate them rather than overegg Simeone by the way.

Hes been ace for them, match made in heaven, he would do nowt at a bigger club. 

• Members

Simeone is a cheating Argie bastard who acted as though he'd been shot to get David Beckham sent off in a key World Cup finals game. He runs one of the most obnoxious clubs is world football.

Had the results here and there yes but all built on cheating, acting and gamesmanship. Pep and Klopp is a much higher league both professionally and personally. They don't dress like a Vegas quickie funeral director either.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Citys pressing last night was like a team possessed. Everyone one of them would run through brick walls for him. His philosophy is ingrained throughout the club.

I am inclined to agree with you on last bit.

Also agree on the Klopp and Pep. Why would they manage a less resourced club as they’ve no need other than proving a long term Wanderersways poster right (in case they are lurkers)

Ive always been a fan of the underdog though and I’ll back El Cholo over the other two (the argument is futile arguably ha) 

They are all top draw but the only one I’ll draw the line on is I don’t think pep or klopp could whip their fans into a frenzy like he does. 

34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think you are under-estimating how well put together Club is around Klopp, those in charge have got everything spot on.

They have nailed it, Klopp only has 1 vote on transfers too, its goes to a Committee vote. He said no to Salah beleive it or not...but he trusts the process !!

Klopp obviously has all the coaching staff say etc, and thats why are doing so well, as he is an unbeleiveble coach, improves every single player. Not 1 player they have brought in you would say was a top player....till he and his team get into them.

Think alot of that is down to great scouting too....they pick the exact profile neded, mentality too etc.

I think Simeone is more a dicatator of the club at pretty much every level, he is unreal too, and Pep. The top 3 those, by a mile.

Edited by Pablo

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Simeone is a cheating Argie bastard who acted as though he'd been shot to get David Beckham sent off in a key World Cup finals game. He runs one of the most obnoxious clubs is world football.

Had the results here and there yes but all built on cheating, acting and gamesmanship. Pep and Klopp is a much higher league both professionally and personally. They don't dress like a Vegas quickie funeral director either.

Well said Skippy..... 👍