Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Soberdan In "i Now Drink Shocker"

Thorpey

Spoke to the young lad tonight about going to Anfield and he's turned to drink.

9 pints including 4 pints of John Smiths (his favourite) with Reading mates at Huddersfield last week.

Welcome aboard and about time.

9 pints first time up?

Respect.

Not exactly first time:

22/12 was talked into downing a half pint of Fosters by work colleagues during my break. total 0.5 pints

28/12 I had a half pint of some odd tasting Yorkshire ale at and was fine, it was before Huddersfield vs Bolton total 0.5 pints

29/12 went to the pub with a couple of my Reading, had two Strongbow's but was quickly drunk as I didn't eat anything, I was filmed talking in a slur - I seem get my accent back quite a lot when I'm pissed judging from the footage total 2 pints

30/12 Vowed never to drink again

03/01 Went to Huddersfield vs Reading, asked for a can of Cider from my best pal at 9am as we approached Banbury.

By the time we were at Huddersfield I had had 3, but was alright cause I'd eaten loads of sarnies.

I had a Fosters at HT and a couple of Pies(bloody good job I did to), then as the 2nd half began I brought my first John Smith's, and stood on the concourse on my literally on my larry, chatting to a middle aged female steward, I was drinking while literally every Reading fan that attended watched the game from the stands.

The big moment came when we were all rushing around Sainsburys at Piccadilly and being the smart ass I am I brought a pack of 4 John Smith's intending to give at least 2 to my pals. I was a bit annoyed to find that they all only drank Cider and being the sort to not waste food or drink I cracked on, by New Street I had had two, I tried to offer them to some Forest fans and then some Swindon fans. By Oxford I had had the 3rd one and now set about telling the Reading lads what top lads they were, despite the fact that with the exception of 2 of them who were my best pals, the rest of them I had only met once before! With 8 pints in my gut and the train approaching Reading I asked all 10 lads how much they had drunk. All except for my best pal gave answers below 8, inevitably my best pal had had nine. I looked at the last can of John Smith's in my hand and thought "f*ck it can't be out done by a Southerner can I"

9 pints finished, respect of the Reading lads earned, I wouldn't be a proper Boltonian if I didn't drink now would I and I didn't feel that drunk.

04/01 Woke up early with not even a hint of a hangover or a bad stomach, 2 pints of John Smith's in the local with a couple of my Reading pals that were present the previous day, they only had a Cider each. 2 pints

05/01 went to the pub with a few mates after work, all of whom didn't know I had started drinking. 2 more John Smith's...

Tonight: dry run, I need a break, but will be back at it later in the week and intend to outdo my current record of 9 pints in a day at Sheffield Wednesday in a couple of weeks.

I would be delighted if Garp had some amusing stories to tell in the coming months, although we will both be to pissed to remember I expect. I love the taste of John Smith's, I prefer to Coca Cola, it doesn't make me sick/ give me hangover as long as eat something. I have also learnt that I like consuming alcohol at a quicker rate then most.

I have apparently got several years of catching up to do, but don't worry in the company of the London lot I should have no problems in doing that.

Edited by SoberDan

I got bored after the first sentence

Not exactly first time:

22/12 was talked into downing a half pint of Fosters by work colleagues during my break. total 0.5 pints

28/12 I had a half pint of some odd tasting Yorkshire ale at and was fine, it was before Huddersfield vs Bolton total 0.5 pints

29/12 went to the pub with a couple of my Reading, had two Strongbow's but was quickly drunk as I didn't eat anything, I was filmed talking in a slur - I seem get my accent back quite a lot when I'm pissed judging from the footage total 2 pints

03/01 Went to Huddersfield vs Reading, asked for a can of Cider from my best pal at 9am as we approached Banbury.

By the time we were at Huddersfield I had had 3, but was alright cause I'd eaten loads of sarnies.

I had a Fosters at HT and a couple of Pies(bloody good job I did to), then as the 2nd half began I brought my first John Smith's, and stood on the concourse on my literally on my larry, chatting to a middle aged female steward, I was drinking while literally every Reading fan that attended watched the game from the stands.

The big moment came when we were all rushing around Sainsburys at Piccadilly and being the smart ass I am I brought a pack of 4 John Smith's intending to give at least 2 to my pals. I was a bit annoyed to find that they all only drank Cider and being the sort to not waste food or drink I cracked on, by New Street I had had two, I tried to offer them to some Forest fans and then some Swindon fans. By Oxford I had had the 3rd one and now set about telling the Reading lads what top lads they were, despite the fact that with the exception of 2 of them who were my best pals, the rest of them I had only met once before! With 8 pints in my gut and the train approaching Reading I asked all 10 lads how much they had drunk. All except for my best pal gave answers below 8, inevitably my best pal had had nine. I looked at the last can of John Smith's in my hand and thought "f*ck it can't be out done by a Southerner can I"

9 pints finished, respect of the Reading lads earned, I wouldn't be a proper Boltonian if I didn't drink now would I and I didn't feel that drunk.

04/01 Woke up early with not even a hint of a hangover or a bad stomach, 2 pints of John Smith's in the local with a couple of my Reading pals that were present the previous day, they only had a Cider each. 2 pints

05/01 went to the pub with a few mates after work, all of whom didn't know I had started drinking. 2 more John Smith's...

Tonight: dry run, I need a break, but will be back at it later in the week and intend to outdo my current record of 9 pints in a day at Sheffield Wednesday in a couple of weeks.

I would be delighted if Garp had some amusing stories to tell in the coming months, although we will both be to pissed to remember I expect. I love the taste of John Smith's, I prefer to Coca Cola, it doesn't make me sick/ give me hangover as long as eat something. I have also learnt that I like consuming alcohol at a quicker rate then most.

I have apparently got several years of catching up to do, but don't worry in the company of the London lot I should have no problems in doing that.

I got bored after the first sentence

Not exactly first time:

22/12 was talked into downing a half pint of Fosters by work colleagues during my break. total 0.5 pints

03/01 Went to Huddersfield vs Reading, asked for a can of Cider from my best pal at 9am as we approached Banbury.

I had a Fosters at HT and a couple of Pies(bloody good job I did to), then as the 2nd half began I brought my first John Smith's, and stood on the concourse on my literally on my larry, chatting to a middle aged female steward, I was drinking while literally every Reading fan that attended watched the game from the stands.

The big moment came when we were all rushing around Sainsburys at Piccadilly and being the smart ass I am I brought a pack of 4 John Smith's intending to give at least 2 to my pals. I was a bit annoyed to find that they all only drank Cider and being the sort to not waste food or drink I cracked on, by New Street I had had two, I tried to offer them to some Forest fans and then some Swindon fans. By Oxford I had had the 3rd one and now set about telling the Reading lads what top lads they were, despite the fact that with the exception of 2 of them who were my best pals, the rest of them I had only met once before! With 8 pints in my gut and the train approaching Reading I asked all 10 lads how much they had drunk. All except for my best pal gave answers below 8, inevitably my best pal had had nine. I looked at the last can of John Smith's in my hand and thought "f*ck it can't be out done by a Southerner can I"

9 pints finished, respect of the Reading lads earned, I wouldn't be a proper Boltonian if I didn't drink now would I and I didn't feel that drunk.

04/01 Woke up early with not even a hint of a hangover or a bad stomach, 2 pints of John Smith's in the local with a couple of my Reading pals that were present the previous day, they only had a Cider each. 2 pints

From one novice drinker to a man who knows exactly where the bar is. Alright Jon!