Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Watford 4

globaldiver

Too gung ho and naïve at 3-3, once we'd got back to getting something we richly deserved out of the game we should have kept the door shut. Fantastic game though, they completely went for it after half time, all their attackers on for over half an hour.

Golden chances to make it 3-1, but even then no guarantees we'd have seen it out. We went toe to toe with a tremendous attacking team, played some great football and scored some brilliant goals. They'd only one way of playing, but, at the moment, with the players available, so have we by the looks of it. It would have been enough to have blown away plenty of other teams in this League today.

Wasn't sure about the switch of Janko and Vela, didn't work, but not many other options on the bench. Danns has got a really tough job at the moment, gets a lot of risky balls to deal with, gets ambushed by the opposition and has no other deeper midfielder to help him out. Pratley was a big miss in that second half and for me is a big reason why we're exciting going forward but miles too open when we lose it.

Not too despondent though, brilliant entertainment and a pleasure to watch us now, not the mind-numbing chore of the Freedman 'era'

Yet again 100% spot on your saving me the time and energy of posting. Brilliant, brilliant entertainment shame we just couldn't get that point.

• Site Supporter

It ain't bad when you can bring the quality of Deeney & Forestieri off the bench. If people feel the need to criticise the defence then they need to criticise the strikers for wasting so many chances.

I'm just delighted we are making progress & playing some wonderful football. I'm sure Lenny & Mjallby will sort out the defence in the summer, until then bring on more of games like today!! As has already been said we would have blown away most teams in this league playing as we did today.

Fantastic game to watch and anybody moaning needs to give their head a wobble imo.

We created plenty chances to win but couldnt take them and Watford took theirs.

Both teams going all out for the win is how football should be and how it was back when i started watching football. Refreshing change today to see two teams going full belt in attack.

• Site Supporter

Agreed. At 2-1 we had chances to kill the game and didnt take them. This came after they had brougt on deeney. They then brought on two more to tighten up. Felt we should have done that at 2-1 after missing those chances, as they then started to control the game. Perhaps twatstick for janko/feeney. Moving janko to the back and putting feeney up front lost us pace and balance on the right. As Ian says, the same could have been done at 3-3.

ALF looked good and the linkplay with clough is excellent, but he should have done better with the chances he had.

Cant fault the commitment of the players though-they are giving their best for nl

Probably the best game of football I've seen at the macron/reebok since we came down.

We looked scintillating going forward. We finally have a flurry of players than can beat a man and aren't afraid of taking it to defences. A far cry from previous regimes.

It's working progress on our defence, mills is a vital cog to our machine.

We will be reet.

Fuck me match days are enjoyable again.

• Site Supporter

Dont think the defence was particularly the problem, the protection from midfield was lacking at times. Vela went there to help out. Danns and bannon had their work cut out against a quality footballing side. The former just not at his best today.

When they broke for the winner was screaming for him to charge back, but his tank seems a little drained

Fantastic game to watch and anybody moaning needs to give their head a wobble imo.

Both teams going all out for the win is how football should be and how it was back when i started watching football. Refreshing change today to see two teams going full belt in attack.

. Spot on. Thisman

Watford are a good side, no mistake ,but we should have been clear if we'd taken our chances. What a turn round in playing style from DF. Can't wait till next season under Lenny.

Exactly where I'm at. We would have had about two shots under Dougie and then he would have bemoaned the injury list. Lennons working wonders and don't blame him for going for a winner. It's what the crowd wanted. They certainly have some firepower

Spot on. Enjoyed it despite the result.

Vela had his worst game since coming in to the side but he'll learn from it and improve. Similarly Le Fondre might think twice next time he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of smashing it in.

Still, Watford are a decent side and we saw the value of Mills today, Dervite and Wheater were all over the place at times. The quality of some of our attacking play was hugely encouraging though.

• Site Supporter

Neil Lennon is taking this club onwards & upwards & giving us fans a team that are a joy to watch & most importantly of all our pride back after the kicking it has had for the last few years.

He is still laying the foundations but I for one am convinced that we are at the beginning of another very exciting era for the Whites.

Some fuckin knobs post on here! That was a superb game of football. Somebody please tell me what was the point in Bolton wanderers 15 points behind Watford settling for what we have got I.e a point at 3-3. Tell u what let's bring dougie back and be bored to tears. Next season if we can keep hold of the " tactically nieve" Neil Lennon this team is going places. Has for Zach clough the lad his a gem he will be one of the best players this club has produced for a long time. Stop fuckin moaning and enjoy the ride its going to be fun. Coyw

Some fuckin knobs post on here! That was a superb game of football. Somebody please tell me what was the point in Bolton wanderers 15 points behind Watford settling for what we have got I.e a point at 3-3. Tell u what let's bring dougie back and be bored to tears. Next season if we can keep hold of the " tactically nieve" Neil Lennon this team is going places. Has for Zach clough the lad his a gem he will be one of the best players this club has produced for a long time. Stop fuckin moaning and enjoy the ride its going to be fun. Coyw

Absolutely

And, we really coulda/shoulda won