Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boro 1 Wanderers 0

L/H White

• Site Supporter

We probably need 5 wins to be certain of staying up. Considering we have all of the bottom 3 left to play with 2 of them at home - we ought to get over the line and if we don't, then it's because we deserve to go down.

We won't go down though

EDIT, just checked - we play 6 of the current bottom 9 at home, surely all winnable

Edited by Biggish Dave

We probably need 5 wins to be certain of staying up. Considering we have all of the bottom 3 left to play with 2 of them at home - we ought to get over the line and if we don't, then it's because we deserve to go down.

We won't go down though

EDIT, just checked - we play 6 of the current bottom 9 at home, surely all winnable

At least we've got some interest/excitement!

There you go again. 'If we lose on Saturday'. Fuck me, is your glass ever half full?

Calm down. I don't think we'll lose. Is just a statement. I don't know why you are so angry about people pointing out we could go down. We could. It doesn't mean they expect us to.

Calm down. I don't think we'll lose. Is just a statement. I don't know why you are so angry about people pointing out we could go down. We could. It doesn't mean they expect us to.

Who's angry? I just can't understand why someone would claim that we were in a 'relegation battle' weeks ago when we were within touching distance of the top half. We're still just as many points away from the top half as we are from the bottom three but i haven't noticed you pointing that out recently.

At the rate Millwall are picking  points up (31 from 33 games), three wins may be enough.

Not to mention that Millwall were playing the team who were bottom of the form table, having failed to win any of their previous seven games last night and they still lost 0-3 at home.

Who's angry? I just can't understand why someone would claim that we were in a 'relegation battle' weeks ago when we were within touching distance of the top half. We're still just as many points away from the top half as we are from the bottom three but i haven't noticed you pointing that out recently.

Because our form currently is closer to dragging us back in that taking us into the top half. I think we can make the top half but ultimately so long as we stay up it's all about next season now for me. Get the points we need then get sorted for next August.

Some observations after attending the Shiverside last night.

Apart from the winning goal the defence was fairly solid compared to a lot of recent away games. We need a settled back 4 so see no reason to change barring injuries. Wheater is our best defender aerially and won countless headers last night. Personally I would like to see him as captain for rest of the season. For the sake of the team Vela needs to stay at right back. Amos was excellent on his full debut. Calm,composed, made one brilliant save in the first half. Also kicks well with either foot.

Midfield is more problematic. Danns and Bannon were ok and worked hard to protect the defence, I can see why Lenny likes Fenney but he missed our best chance of the night with a header late on and his control on the ball is often poor. Janko didn't get involved in the game enough for me. Sad because he has the pace to worry any defence. Eidur had little impact on the game and could have been replaced sooner in the second half.

With the continued absence of Cravies, Heskey will be important in the run in. He played well last night particularly in the second half. We need a physical presence and he is looking fit.

The reason we will stay up this season was evident when Clough and Le Fondre( the Wanderer) came on. I am confident this pair will score the goals to steer us to safety. In a short space of time we looked a real threat to an increasing nervous Boro defence who were hanging on at the death. A defence which is the best in the league. Ultimately no points but it will be the turning point! 

Just watched the highlights...

I think we need to play one of Heskey or Gudjohnsen with one of ALF or Clough. I think having ALF and Clough is too lightweight and having the two OAPs just leaves us with no pace.

I think it was only 1-0 because the Boro boys didn't have their shooting boots on. Some shocking defending on view there.

Just watched the highlights...

I think we need to play one of Heskey or Gudjohnsen with one of ALF or Clough. I think having ALF and Clough is too lightweight and having the two OAPs just leaves us with no pace.

I think it was only 1-0 because the Boro boys didn't have their shooting boots on. Some shocking defending on view there.

At home at least couldn't we have Heskey and Fondre up top and Clough behind? I don't see why we can't.

• Moderators

cos we'll be too open

we were too open with alf and clough backed up by a 4-4-2 v watford

so 4-4 and clough and alf works for me at home

and vela still aint a right back

he might be the best we've got, but fcuk me, he got done again

cos we'll be too open

we were too open with alf and clough backed up by a 4-4-2 v watford

so 4-4 and clough and alf works for me at home

and vela still aint a right back

he might be the best we've got, but fcuk me, he got done again

Brighton not as good as Watford, my problem is not Le Fondre or Clough but Bannan who although decent tips us over the edge of being open.

Some observations after attending the Shiverside last night.

Apart from the winning goal the defence was fairly solid compared to a lot of recent away games. We need a settled back 4 so see no reason to change barring injuries. Wheater is our best defender aerially and won countless headers last night. Personally I would like to see him as captain for rest of the season. For the sake of the team Vela needs to stay at right back. Amos was excellent on his full debut. Calm,composed, made one brilliant save in the first half. Also kicks well with either foot.

Midfield is more problematic. Danns and Bannon were ok and worked hard to protect the defence, I can see why Lenny likes Fenney but he missed our best chance of the night with a header late on and his control on the ball is often poor. Janko didn't get involved in the game enough for me. Sad because he has the pace to worry any defence. Eidur had little impact on the game and could have been replaced sooner in the second half.

With the continued absence of Cravies, Heskey will be important in the run in. He played well last night particularly in the second half. We need a physical presence and he is looking fit.

The reason we will stay up this season was evident when Clough and Le Fondre( the Wanderer) came on. I am confident this pair will score the goals to steer us to safety. In a short space of time we looked a real threat to an increasing nervous Boro defence who were hanging on at the death. A defence which is the best in the league. Ultimately no points but it will be the turning point!

Nice one, Vag